The Elder Cave

All general, non-comics discussion goes here!

Moderators: Don Alexander, midgetshrimp

Artemisia
Mistress of Oddities

Re: The Elder Cave

Post by Artemisia »

Bloodaxe isn't a Norse name- it's a Dwarf name.
"I'm going to do what I do best...lecture her."- Twilight Sparkle (My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic)
"Hello, I'm a lizard woman from the dawn of time, and this is my wife." - Madam Vastra (Doctor Who "The Snowmen")
"There's no point in being grown up if you can't be childish sometimes." The 4th Doctor Doctor Who "Robot"

Adamas

Post by Adamas »

My point stands, Those Dwarves are NUTS!!!!
Aquila89 wrote:It's really nice how a conversation about linguistics overlaps with a debate about strap-ons.
A good friend comforts you and talks you down when you are angry. A best friend skips along side you, carrying a baseball bat, and chanting, ‘Somebody’s gonna get it!"
Chelvo56 wrote:Sorry, but when the sentence "It is wrong to go into a foreign country, take out your weapon and enforce your will there", coming from an US-diplomat, was generallly laughed at, you might want to think why.
And to keep for future reference: Image

Artemisia
Mistress of Oddities

Post by Artemisia »

Just never forget Bloodaxe and Ironhammer :p

I can sing some of the opera if you insist :))
"I'm going to do what I do best...lecture her."- Twilight Sparkle (My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic)
"Hello, I'm a lizard woman from the dawn of time, and this is my wife." - Madam Vastra (Doctor Who "The Snowmen")
"There's no point in being grown up if you can't be childish sometimes." The 4th Doctor Doctor Who "Robot"

Iceman
Location: I come from the land of the ice and snow, from the midnight sun where the hot springs blow.

Post by Iceman »

Artemisia wrote:Bloodaxe isn't a Norse name- it's a Dwarf name.
Actually, I beg to differ. My great-grandpa was called exactly that, so there!
The iceman cometh

Tenjen
Friskeh Lynx Kitteh
Location: doing his business in his litterbox. WTF YOU LOOKIN AT?!

Post by Tenjen »

well maybe he was a dwarf

did he look anything like this

Affro Shaman of the Forum and Deranged Elder Lynx of the Caves. Perpetuater of warm-hearted irrelevance and lynx kitteh of affectionate inflictions.
ImageImageImage
Artemisia wrote:Wait...are we reenacting Ma3 here with ballistic cats?

Artemisia
Mistress of Oddities

Post by Artemisia »

I'm just being silly...there's a character named Bloodaxe in the Discworld novels, and he's a dwarf.

Don Alexander
Dr. Ebil SithMod
Location: Under the arms of the ancient oak, where daylight hangs by a lunar noose...

Post by Don Alexander »

Back when Iceman's grandfather was young and sprightly, Lindisfarne was yet unpillaged. :))
ImageImage
Sithlord of the Sithling and best customer of McLovecraft's Image, in the business of keeping the little Platypus in business
Moderations in GREEN and signed by the DAMNed. I am not anonymous! Also, MODSMACK!! Image
Winner of the... 2010 Kilopost FRANKIE; 2010 Mad March Nom Off; 2010 Joker Cleavage Contest; 2010 Fan-Thing Contest; 2010 Mimic Contest (tied); 2011 Joker Cleavage Contest; 2011 Contest-for-the-next-Contest (tied)

Iceman
Location: I come from the land of the ice and snow, from the midnight sun where the hot springs blow.

Post by Iceman »

Tenjen wrote:well maybe he was a dwarf

did he look anything like this

Nothing like this. This axe is extremely unwieldy and impractical.
The iceman cometh

Adamas

Post by Adamas »

True, however I think some MACES had similar heads Of course not that large but still...
Aquila89 wrote:It's really nice how a conversation about linguistics overlaps with a debate about strap-ons.
A good friend comforts you and talks you down when you are angry. A best friend skips along side you, carrying a baseball bat, and chanting, ‘Somebody’s gonna get it!"
Chelvo56 wrote:Sorry, but when the sentence "It is wrong to go into a foreign country, take out your weapon and enforce your will there", coming from an US-diplomat, was generallly laughed at, you might want to think why.

Iceman

Post by Iceman »

That's something completely different. Wanna see my collection? All sculpted from Ice V, of course.
The iceman cometh

Artemisia
Mistress of Oddities

Post by Artemisia »

I think that Dwarf is from World of Warcraft, best known for its impractical weapons.

Tenjen
Friskeh Lynx Kitteh

Post by Tenjen »

*straps 6 shotguns and barb wire to the axemace*

*gets all the shit and himself killed when he wields it*
Affro Shaman of the Forum and Deranged Elder Lynx of the Caves. Perpetuater of warm-hearted irrelevance and lynx kitteh of affectionate inflictions.
ImageImageImage

Tenjen
Friskeh Lynx Kitteh

Post by Tenjen »

So i donate something like a 125$ to various webcomic artists on patreon.

One of them provides sketches each month to an exclusive 5 within a certain donation bracket, they get to choose the nature of the sketch. Moi is one such donator : D!

Thats one of his characters from a comic. She's a squirrel anthropomorph as you can tell. She also works in a bordello.

ssually when someone pets my fuzzy belly I return my affections by clawing the limb they are petting me with but I was immediately distracted by the dangly ball thing she waved around in my face to play with. (she's smarter than she seems).

unfortunately I couldn't remain there very long, after the first 5 "incidences" or so, there was some talk about bordello's and sneaky wild animals conditioned to attack dangly balls, not mixing well together.

I don't get the problem really. lots of the ladies had claws too and they got to play with odd dangly bits all day long. But I launch at one (or five) and I don't get to stay : |

Another character from another one of his comics. This character is a mythical water dragon type creature who can take on a more humanoid form for conveniences (a "caster" form). She has a very unique design and a big tail with a stinger on it. A very alluring big tail just asking for my affections to be inflicted upon it.

SO I DID.

behold her tears of joy at being so adored by me.

I'am also multitasking, see.. i'am one of those kitten "hang in there" motivational images too.
ImageImageImage

Adamas

Post by Adamas »

Interesting...whats the name of these comics?

Tenjen
Friskeh Lynx Kitteh

Post by Tenjen »

They be anthro comics. Eye of Ramalach and Tina of the South. Artist is Avencri.
ImageImageImage