6-26-08 You sly dog!

Discuss Ma3 here!

Moderators: Dave Zero1, Don Alexander, Giz, midgetshrimp

Bear
BANNED

Re: 6-26-08 You sly dog!

Post by Bear »

Luvrofcats wrote:Yes yes I'm a homophobe, I'm intolerant, I don't meet the PC campus liberal standard blah blah blah. First of all, Matt and Dillion were gonna leave Gary twisting in the wind whether or not Didi and Zii showed up, but hey at least they put an ad in the paper. Second of all, how many people here lived in a house with 5 gay guys for over a year? (raises hand) Anyone? So what do you really know what gay guys are like?
Well firstly I'll point you to the May 22nd strip where it says they placed the add for roomies days before they told him, and the first interveiw for a new roomie was half an hour after he got back from work. I'd not call that leaving him 'twisting in the wind' as they've made sure he'd find someone before they moved out as they'd have been feilding and screening calls for the last few days from interested people.

And while I've not lived with gay people, being straight myself, For nearly all my college years I was the LGBT Liason Officer (Admittedly because no-one else wanted the job at the time), and the Campus Officer in the Students Union, and my female best friend runs a LGBT support group, Yes.. I would think I'd know what they're really like.
Last edited by Bear on Sat Jun 28, 2008 4:27 pm, edited 1 time in total.

SilentPsycho

Post by SilentPsycho »

Yes yes I'm a homophobe, I'm intolerant, I don't meet the PC campus liberal standard blah blah blah. First of all, Matt and Dillion were gonna leave Gary twisting in the wind whether or not Didi and Zii showed up, but hey at least they put an ad in the paper. Second of all, how many people here lived in a house with 5 gay guys for over a year? (raises hand) Anyone? So what do you really know what gay guys are like?
Well...

I was a member of my University's LGBT society for two years, been friends with several gay guys, bisexuals of both genders and lesbians for the past 4 years, and I myself am bisexual.

And in return, I spent a year with a straight guy as a housemate who shouted at me frequently, swore at me on a regular basis, called me a retarded child because I have a mental disability, came home drunk every night and either screamed at his girlfriend or watched TV loud enough my bed vibrated until 5am, did drugs, threatened me with a corkscrew held up against my face, and made lewd comments about any girl he saw me with ("Oh, that girl you were with? Just let her meet me, I'd do her over the kitchen table, slamming my dick into her and make her scream! Wait, she's a lesbian? That doesn't matter, I'll still do it."), as well as being homophobic, racist, sexist, and anti-Muslim in general. Does this mean I get the right to tag every straight guy with the same brush? No.

In contrast, the guys I knew from the LGBT society were nice, polite, and were always willing to give me a hug and a place to stay the night when it got too much for me back home.

Bear
BANNED

Post by Bear »

*Applauds SP* Exactly the point I've been trying to make.

midgetshrimp
Modly Pirate Jesus

Post by midgetshrimp »

The fact that they're gay doesn't mean anything except... they're gay. I lived with a gay guy last year in college, and he's a cool, normal guy. Talks to his significant other like anyone else, studies computer science, chills, even knows a nice pair of breasts when he sees them. The only thing I don't like is that I can't throw a parade for liking women in a sexual way without being considered homophobic or a sarcastic jackass. It's not fair... :cry:

But back to the conversation, I don't think anyone is saying that Matt and Dillon are selfish just because they're gay. It's just differing perspectives on their actions and intentions that may or may not make them selfish in someone's eyes.
Exuberant High Captain Mod-siah of the Elder Council, Grand Official Bard.
Who needs sex when you have Menage a 3?

dianekikiula

Post by dianekikiula »

SilentPsycho wrote:... as well as being homophobic, racist, sexist, and anti-Muslim in general.
Pardon my random pulling of information from the post, but what is Islam's views of homosexuality? Or am I just assuming that you're both homosexual and Muslim, when the roomie was just spouting nastiness in general?

Gil Hamilton

Post by Gil Hamilton »

Matt and Dillon did leave Gary in a real awkward position. Irregardless of anything else, two rent payers moving out is something that requires a bit more prior notice than "Hey, we are moving out in a couple of days! But don't worry, we took out an add without telling you which was worded such that you are guaranteed to not get serious applicants!" (would anyone here seriously respond to an add where a condition was a "cute ass"). Zii and DiDi not withstanding, putting Gary in that position is a reasonably uncool thing to do, cause if no one acceptable had shown up, he'd have ended up with a serious financial obligation because the lease is in his name. That place seems big enough that rent probably isn't cheap at all (what do people think the rent on a three bedroom apartment is?).

SilentPsycho

Post by SilentPsycho »

dianekikiula wrote:
SilentPsycho wrote:... as well as being homophobic, racist, sexist, and anti-Muslim in general.
Pardon my random pulling of information from the post, but what is Islam's views of homosexuality? Or am I just assuming that you're both homosexual and Muslim, when the roomie was just spouting nastiness in general?
It was just the nastiness of him in general, I'm actually agnostic if I have to pin my views down.;)
Gil Hamilton wrote:That place seems big enough that rent probably isn't cheap at all (what do people think the rent on a three bedroom apartment is?).
Depends on both the area and what type of landlord he has. I know my three bedroomed house I stayed in at Uni was £150 per month, and the landlords were always willing to help us find a new housemate if anyone left.