Moderators: Dave Zero1, Don Alexander, Giz, midgetshrimp

Giz
Site Admin

PTC 07-01-20 Who you really are

Post by Giz »

Hogan

Re: PTC 07-01-20 Who you really are

Post by Hogan »

PTC... come for the romance comedy, stay for the promise of a possibility of Roxie in sexy lingerie… :D

OllieOrOlly

Post by OllieOrOlly »

While the misunderstanding shtick is wearing thin at best and unintentionally cruel at worst, this latest update shows that, even within it, some really sweet moments can be created.

Valkog

Post by Valkog »

Yeah, this is kinda sweet, in its own clumsy sort of way. We anticipate.
**== **== **== **==

brasca

Post by brasca »

As cute as this all is now it’s all based on misconceptions and I’m really hoping it won’t end badly for Roxie.

worldshaking00

Post by worldshaking00 »

Agreed. The choice of words, though most likely unintentional, really is setting Roxie up for a huge fall. I am eager to see Roxie shopping for skimpies (more of the wearing them, really...) too. Roxie's meek and insecure dialogue was actually verbalized and not just her internal voice. Zadie can see and reacted accordingly to Roxie (at least, accordingly to her own perception that Roxie is a friend as opposed to Roxie wanting to be her sexual partner). Zadie is trying to reciprocate and be a good friend to Roxie, and kudos to her for being so helpful. It is too bad that Zadie can't (or hasn't) put all the pieces together to see that Roxie is crushing on her and hard. Yes, yes, I know: comedy.

I wonder if there is an underlying message in PTC, or theme if you will, that the creative team are going to try to tell (or experiment with). With all the cluelessness and miscommunication, combined with several characters being completely homosexual (as opposed to Ma3's ubiquious bi-theme), what is their (the creative team's) end game? Who is the actual 'main' character, tying all the others together? One would have thought it was the comic store, and thus Jung and/or Ramona. But, is Jung and/or Ramona going to get sideswiped a la Dillon/Ruby in SDB in his 'named' own comic?

I'd like to actually see a story where Zadie helps Roxie find love again. With Zadie or another woman, makes no difference to me in the end. I like the character of Roxie, and with all the upsets and hardships she has suffered in the last main comic, she deserves a win or two. Zadie sure seems to know what she likes 'under the belt' considering on how she has been acting around Julian. But perhaps this tale is more about discovery and learning bravery than rampant shagging and determining sexual partners by throwing darts at a board?

... and my apologies if a dart board is actually used :P lol
"Be excellent to each other." - Bill & Ted's Excellent Adventure
"Like my old grand daddy used to say, 'The less a man makes declarative statements, the less apt he is to look foolish in retrospect.'" - Chester Rush, Four Rooms
Chivalry isn't dead, it just followed wherever being lady-like went.

Sage

Post by Sage »

I am totally here for women (or men) being supportive of one another like this. The Ma3-verse loves it's comedy, but I think we're finally starting to find our hooks. Zadie helping Roxie become comfortable expressing herself in a feminine way, Julian helping Aaron realize he's not entirely straight...though that might be a bit more of an uphill battle.

I don't see Zadie being gay, but I can see her helping Roxie figure herself out a bit more, and becoming a better person in the process.

worldshaking00

Post by worldshaking00 »

That seems more likely than Zadie and Roxie becoming lovers... although I think that the "two ships passing in the night" or the "surprise-what did we just do" trope might make an appearance. Just because. I just don't want Roxie to be sad. She's had to put up with Didi's shenanigans, lose her girlfriend, and endure Maura & Tess leap-frogging over her professionally. She really needs a win.

As for Aaron, I don't know where that angle is going. He seems to be the stereotypical closet homophobe because he's indoctrinated into it. Plus the double standard of liking lesbianism is, well, also typical and I'll leave it there. Tracy getting injected into the mix (another web cam guest appearance for Aaron?), as well as her brother just being 'in the story at all', are really muddying up the waters. Julian and Felix soon maybe?
"Be excellent to each other." - Bill & Ted's Excellent Adventure
"Like my old grand daddy used to say, 'The less a man makes declarative statements, the less apt he is to look foolish in retrospect.'" - Chester Rush, Four Rooms
Chivalry isn't dead, it just followed wherever being lady-like went.

Error of Logic

Post by Error of Logic »

I kind of agree Roxie has other sides to her that deserve some time in the sun. I just hope she doesn't try to smother them if she figures out Zadie isn't trying to put the moves on her... :(

LargoJr

Post by LargoJr »

two entirely different conversations... let the hilarity ensue.....

oh wait...

someone

Post by someone »

Pygmalion complex, or just never having outgrown playing dressup with dolls?

Except the doll is a living being who has a crush on you and is interpreting everything you say in a romantic sense.

BioYuGi

Post by BioYuGi »

I do hope it doesn't get too crazy with the feminizing. "athletic tomboy realizes she's more comfortable staying up girly" is my least favorite trope.

BlairFan
Yap Yap Sycophant

Post by BlairFan »

Zadie has a new project. I hope she and Roxie have fun with it.

KichiMiangra

Post by KichiMiangra »

Oh myyy this one makes me sad :_< You can really see Roxie getting her hopes up here and knowing how this kind of stuff goes she's prolly going to be disappointed.
Prolly also get some character growth but this trope has started to kinda feel a little too close to home to enjoy over the last few years for me to really enjoy it.