Storm-forge mystique

Re: PTC 31-12-19 A little pie crust

Post by Storm-forge mystique »

...this is starting to get depressing.

biorji

Post by biorji »

When athletic form is a life goal...

Happy new year and wishing everyone some adventure in real life :)

worldshaking00

Post by worldshaking00 »

I admit that her post-dinner workout was a little sad, but funny at the same time. But this is her body, and she makes her living off of it (I mean, technically we all do... but you understand). I suppose it could have held out a while to see if she could have burned off her empty calories from the pie from eating another kind of pie (nudge nudge wink wink say no more), but Roxie's obsession got the better of her. Or maybe she could turn it around, and be expressing to Zadie what commitment looks like? I just hope Roxie doesn't get sick/indigestion from a rapid gut-crunching workout while her stomach is full. Fifteen minutes seems too short for such food to pass enough. The comedy factor of a quick set of sit-ups isn't lost on me; rather, the mechanics of digestion should be known to Roxie as well.

I appreciate that Roxie indulged Zadie's request. It is a minor one, of course, but she did seem to like the meal. While her face looked a little smooshed while she was chewing it, I think Roxie is the type of person to be honest in a critique. Any discomfort about the crust had to be because of thinking about the extra work she would have to do to offset her indulgence.

Agreeing with a few posts in threads past, it would be nice to have a couple of these dangling 'sexual-preference lack-of-communication' relationships get straightened out {note: I don't mean 'straight' specifically; MM, FF, MF, MFM, any alphabet combo really.. just communicate intention}. The comedy value of miscommunication and assumption is a little overused by now. Some might say 'a lot' instead. Drama is also an attractive way to secure readership. "Will she experiment," "will she like it", "will he like it," "how will he handle rejection" are all great avenues to explore plot and character growth just with these four recent major characters... let alone how other characters can get roped into the story further. I just find it weird how a 'loud & proud' generation is still so clueless about a peer's gender preference. New Year resolution from our creative team? /End rant.

Here is to a happy new year for one and all. I look forward to reading more from PTC and whatever one-shots we are treated to from Ma3 and anything else Giz & team produce for us to consume. Thanks for being a nice forum to comment on and with.

Peace.
Last edited by worldshaking00 on Tue Dec 31, 2019 7:02 pm, edited 1 time in total.
"Be excellent to each other." - Bill & Ted's Excellent Adventure
"Like my old grand daddy used to say, 'The less a man makes declarative statements, the less apt he is to look foolish in retrospect.'" - Chester Rush, Four Rooms
Chivalry isn't dead, it just followed wherever being lady-like went.

brasca

Post by brasca »

Agreed. Roxie really should wait. Don’t want to make some embarrassing noises while exercising.

JoybuzzerX

Post by JoybuzzerX »

I would think Roxie would more likely eat like Dwayne Johnson and not, what I can only think is, Keto.

Valkog

Post by Valkog »

JoybuzzerX wrote:
Tue Dec 31, 2019 7:13 pm
I would think Roxie would more likely eat like Dwayne Johnson, and not what I can only think is Keto.
Sometimes, you just don't want a lot of carbs. Trendy diets aren't the only reason to avoid them.
**== **== **== **==

Opus the Poet

Post by Opus the Poet »

Makes me pine for the days when I rode my bike all over North Texas, and I was eating 4500-6K Calories a day and losing weight. Most food is way less energy-dense than gas or diesel fuel so even getting 2000 MPGe I still had to eat a LOT of food. I regularly rode as far south as Waco, and as far north as Sherman (not in the same trip) plus all over DFW (used to have a GF in White Settlement which was about as far west as Sherman was north). I had thighs as big as a child's chest and ripped calves. But I epitomized the definition of a cyclist, "Eating machine on two wheels."

And situps/crunches don't burn many Calories. Cardio burns calories.
Don Alexander wrote:Duh. All people are homosexual. Most just don't get beyond the heterosexual experimentation phase until they die of old age.

cheshire86

Post by cheshire86 »

Dat happy-pie eating face, tho. :D

worldshaking00

Post by worldshaking00 »

It is cute.

She has a rounder face compared to typically muscular characters. Makes me wonder... if she is so dedicated to fitness and athleticism because she was once more like Ramona... 'a big girl'? Her approach towards throwing away the junk food... her extreme and uncompromising stance on the subject with her clients concerning fitness & nutrition. Even her appearance insecurity would make a little more sense if she had to really work hard for her health and new body shape.

The mandatory panel 4 gag notwithstanding, it would be nice to get more of a reason 'why' she waited just 15 minutes.
"Like my old grand daddy used to say, 'The less a man makes declarative statements, the less apt he is to look foolish in retrospect.'" - Chester Rush, Four Rooms

Error of Logic

Post by Error of Logic »

Happy 2020, folks. ^_^

I wonder what Roxie does to actually relax...?

worldshaking00

Post by worldshaking00 »

Have sex?

Might be why she is so uptight and wound up since Ma3?

Jean

Post by Jean »

worldshaking00 wrote:
Wed Jan 01, 2020 2:27 pm
The mandatory panel 4 gag notwithstanding, it would be nice to get more of a reason 'why' she waited just 15 minutes.
Perhaps it takes a while to eat, eating too fast supposedly is bad for digestion, and working out directly after eating for the same reason. Or she's been working out already for 15 minutes (but then that retort would be rather late).

worldshaking00

Post by worldshaking00 »

That's my point. 15 minutes seemed too short to me.