Discuss Ma3 here!

Moderators: Dave Zero1, Don Alexander, Giz, midgetshrimp

UnsightlyWalrus

Re: PTC 24-12-19 Aaand smile

Post by UnsightlyWalrus »

Dolly zoom into Aaron's face: "I sense something approaching!"
Spidrift wrote:
Tue Dec 24, 2019 3:49 pm
("Succubus" is surely just a comics-geek-ish term of abuse here, though perhaps we'll be told that Aaron is a fan of the *C universe comics. Gary is, after all.)
Sure, but at the same time it's also religious and actually I have heard women called succubus in plenty of movies with zero geek connections. It's more of a general term than something from geek subculture.
Last edited by UnsightlyWalrus on Tue Dec 24, 2019 6:54 pm, edited 1 time in total.

brasca

Post by brasca »

someone wrote:
Tue Dec 24, 2019 4:51 pm
brasca wrote:
Tue Dec 24, 2019 1:59 pm
Have we gotten any Dangerously Chloe cameos before?
The non-Roxy wrestlers (Frosti, Pyre, and Annie Conda by their mask names) all originate from the *C continuity.
Same continuity, but those are characters from Eerie Cuties not Dangerously Chloe.

While I’d prefer to move away from the wrestling plots. I wouldn’t mind if Charity and Prudence appeared as the Valkyries.

jbrecken

Post by jbrecken »

someone wrote:
Tue Dec 24, 2019 4:51 pm
brasca wrote:
Tue Dec 24, 2019 1:59 pm
Have we gotten any Dangerously Chloe cameos before?
The non-Roxy wrestlers (Frosti, Pyre, and Annie Conda by their mask names) all originate from the *C continuity.
Didn't they originate in P&A, and then get alternate versions in EC and now we're looking at alternate alternates?

cheshire86

Post by cheshire86 »

Regarding the comments about Sharon's behind from Aaron, bear in mind we've only seen her from the chest up. It's entirely possible her rump is the stuff of Sir Mix-A-Lot's dreams, in which case his comment (while mean) could be 100% accurate. :D #badonkadonk

I got a feeling we're all gonna find out soonish. I'll be amused if she's fully aware of why Julian is able to resist her "ample charms" too.

lordoffiling

Post by lordoffiling »

Giz and Dave are characters in their own comic. In my headcanon, they saw these wrestlers and other remarkable people around and cribbed their looks for their C-verse comics.
"Rather than simply enjoying these comics, we log in to these forums to argue about them. [...] We are some strange people, and I guess we have nothing better to do." - lordoffiling

LegendaryKroc

Post by LegendaryKroc »

Merry Christmas, y'all!
brasca wrote:
Tue Dec 24, 2019 1:57 pm
Aaron and Sharon. Of course their parents would choose rhyming names.
Maybe their parents are called Darren and Karen and they decided to keep the theme going.

BioYuGi

Post by BioYuGi »

I really dislike when people do something that someone repeatedly asks them not to do. Aaron clearly has issues with his sister.
"Please don't friend my sister."
"I just did." This would indicate the point where you think, okay, that'll be the end of it for now. But then sharing your location? When Aaron's clearly distressed? That's just rude.

Spidrift

Post by Spidrift »

Cartoon and comedy characters are, frequently, total a-holes by any realistic civilised measure.

(And Happy Christmas to everyone.)
---------
Spidrift
"Brevior vita est quam pro futumentibus negotium agendo."
-- Motto of Hogshead Publishing of fond memory, and wise words to set your Foes List by.
Avatar misappropriated from the wonderful XKCD.

brasca

Post by brasca »

BioYuGi wrote:
Wed Dec 25, 2019 3:56 am
I really dislike when people do something that someone repeatedly asks them not to do. Aaron clearly has issues with his sister.
"Please don't friend my sister."
"I just did." This would indicate the point where you think, okay, that'll be the end of it for now. But then sharing your location? When Aaron's clearly distressed? That's just rude.
It’s Aaron who has poor boundary issues of his own. He doesn’t elicit much sympathy.

TheFoolishOne

Post by TheFoolishOne »

Merry Christmas Everyone

LegendaryKroc

Post by LegendaryKroc »

Spidrift wrote:
Wed Dec 25, 2019 10:45 am
Cartoon and comedy characters are, frequently, total a-holes by any realistic civilised measure.

(And Happy Christmas to everyone.)
This was actually an issue with the cartoons between Bugs Bunny and Elmer Fudd. Even the animators realized that Elmer is just too bumbling, non-threatening and even nice in his own way for the audience to root for him, because the sheer amount of grief he suffers at Bugs' hands seems disproportionate as a result. People ended up rooting for him to just shoot the damn "wabbit". They created Yosemite Sam as a corrective to this.