PTC 19-12-19 I am seeing the resemblance

Discuss Ma3 here!

Moderators: Dave Zero1, Don Alexander, Giz, midgetshrimp

samtheman

Re: PTC 19-12-19 I am seeing the resemblance

Post by samtheman »

Well I've taken this comic off the back-burner and caught up on it and it's looking like more of the same. The art and facial expressions are great as always but the plot or story still hasn't really taken off yet IMHO. As for the current development, Aaron calling his sister a "fat ass" might be him being a jerk again and his sister isn't fat or even chubby. But is it Kiley? Maybe. Maybe not. I'm thinking not.
Spidrift wrote:
Thu Dec 19, 2019 12:38 pm
No, unless Giz has decided that logic and consistency can go hang, she's setting up to introduce another new character.
You do realize you're reading a Giz comic that takes place in the Ma3 universe right?

Error of Logic

Post by Error of Logic »

=_= ... In the final panel, I'm seeing the resemblance. And it ain't anything physical.

Kind of curious about Aaron's sister now, though.
Spidrift wrote:
Thu Dec 19, 2019 3:48 pm
My view of this is “rather weird” rather than “thickly gross”, but yeah, definitely weird. And Tracy’s “He wishes!” in panel 1 adds another touch of, umm, Luke/Leia oddity to the situation.
I think it's more an extra layer of Tracy. At least Leia didn't know she and Luke were siblings until RotJ...

TheFoolishOne

Post by TheFoolishOne »

I also Definitely would like to see that sketch :D

Opus the Poet

Post by Opus the Poet »

For some reason I'm seeing a relationship similar to Sheldon Cooper's family... Could be because there was an episode of Young Sheldon on tonight.
Don Alexander wrote:Duh. All people are homosexual. Most just don't get beyond the heterosexual experimentation phase until they die of old age.

someone

Post by someone »

brasca wrote:
Thu Dec 19, 2019 5:32 pm
While that would be amusing much like Danny Devito and Arnold Schwarzeneggar were twins in the titular Twins I doubt it. Aaron doesn't talk in Franglish like DiDi.
Nobody speaks in Franglish like DiDi.

DiDi's speech mannerisms were the most annoying thing about her character IMO. It was just always grating. She wasn't making the kind of mistakes a French speaker would when not fully fluent in English, she just mixed words weirdly in a jarringly unnatural way.

Error of Logic

Post by Error of Logic »

Really? I thought the way she basically forced Kiley into sexual servitude after having tried to crush her self-esteem, all for the sake of catching the great white O-whale, was the worst about her.
The Franglish was just ... weird, and gave me the impression she was putting on an act to lure in men who were into dumb blondes.

someone

Post by someone »

I didn't say the "worst" but the "most annoying". There are strips where she isn't selfishly using other people, but there are no strip where she talks in a natural way.

Rolan7

Post by Rolan7 »

Tracy, Felix and Julian are very hot and I want them to imagine me with boobs. Except Julian, of course. Quantum boobs.

And I don't see anything weird about Tracy and Felix's banter. My sibling and I talk about sex very candidly, and we used to change in front of each other. I know some brothers who are constantly playing gay chicken. Brother-sister relationships in my experience have appeared... more distant, but I don't have a large sample size for that.

In any case, what they're demonstrating is a total absence of lust for each other, so I don't see anything "skeezy" about it.

Also Tracy is great >: It'd be weird if she was super awkward about her modelling job, I admire her comfort level and cheerful intelligence.

Edit: OH BUT nobody is weird for wanting privacy from their siblings, that should go without saying. I didn't read the characters as being judgemental about that, but I can see how it could come across that way. That's not weird at all either. Different siblings have different dynamics, it's fine.

cheshire86

Post by cheshire86 »

Isn't Izz the same age as Aaron...? :D

hightechartist

Post by hightechartist »

....the fuck?

Spidrift

Post by Spidrift »

cheshire86 wrote:
Sun Dec 22, 2019 12:14 am
Isn't Izz the same age as Aaron...?
Yes, actually. If Aaron’s sister has to be someone we’ve already seen, Izz is the most likely candidate.

Assuming logic, he adds wearily.
---------
Spidrift
"Brevior vita est quam pro futumentibus negotium agendo."
-- Motto of Hogshead Publishing of fond memory, and wise words to set your Foes List by.
Avatar misappropriated from the wonderful XKCD.

brasca

Post by brasca »

cheshire86 wrote:
Isn't Izz the same age as Aaron...? :D
A good possibility, however, Zadie bears a resemblance to Izzy so I doubt Aaron would be attracted to a girl that looks like her.

Error of Logic

Post by Error of Logic »

Spidrift wrote:
Sun Dec 22, 2019 9:31 am
cheshire86 wrote:
Isn't Izz the same age as Aaron...?
Yes, actually. If Aaron’s sister has to be someone we’ve already seen, Izz is the most likely candidate.

Assuming logic, he adds wearily.
There, there.
You know the saying about assuming. ^^;

Spidrift

Post by Spidrift »

It makes an ass out of you and ming?

Well that’ll teach Ming to be merciless.
---------
Spidrift
"Brevior vita est quam pro futumentibus negotium agendo."
-- Motto of Hogshead Publishing of fond memory, and wise words to set your Foes List by.
Avatar misappropriated from the wonderful XKCD.

Dalai Rasta

Post by Dalai Rasta »

@Fluffy

We just never felt weird about it. Are we supposed to? Is it necessary? My sister's been my best friend my whole life. She's the one I told my troubles to when I couldn't tell our parents, and she did the same with me. We've always been completely comfortable around each other. She's tried on bikinis in front of me to ask me my opinion. We just never thought there was anything sexual in that. We're not going to change because other people feel uncomfortable for us.