Post by Giz »

TheFoolishOne

Re: PTC 05-12-19 I like to reward myself

Post by TheFoolishOne »

hey, its not like I have 365 cheat days a year, its more like 363 :P

OllieOrOlly

Post by OllieOrOlly »

As someone noted, Roxie is gym-dweller first and foremost. I mean, she's gone from bashful to removing her top to show off the results of an ab routine! ... Though, then back to bashful and lustful, which must be struggle with her seemingly absolute professionalism.

worldshaking00

Post by worldshaking00 »

Perhaps Peggy can get a cameo, on the health benefits of strap-on use and building abs? Seems oddly appropriate between these two and the sexual tension Roxie is bringing to the party.

I would never begrudge anyone wanting to tone up their body, but some people just look better 'ripped' and others look better not. Does Zadie really want Roxie's body or just to get in better shape? I think the latter, and Roxie is just laying it on thick.
"Be excellent to each other." - Bill & Ted's Excellent Adventure
"Like my old grand daddy used to say, 'The less a man makes declarative statements, the less apt he is to look foolish in retrospect.'" - Chester Rush, Four Rooms
Chivalry isn't dead, it just followed wherever being lady-like went.

Chantaru

Post by Chantaru »

worldshaking00 wrote:
Thu Dec 05, 2019 11:36 am

I would never begrudge anyone wanting to tone up their body, but some people just look better 'ripped' and others look better not. Does Zadie really want Roxie's body or just to get in better shape? I think the latter, and Roxie is just laying it on thick.
Zadie wants to impress Julian... not sure what she thinks will impress him.

Antinerd

Post by Antinerd »

OllieOrOlly wrote:
Thu Dec 05, 2019 11:25 am
Though, then back to bashful and lustful, which must be struggle with her seemingly absolute professionalism.
Hard to believe she is hard up to have someone to feel her butt.

Error of Logic

Post by Error of Logic »

Stay strong, Roxie... ^^;

BlairFan
Yap Yap Sycophant

Post by BlairFan »

I hope they don't work out right after eating the pie, they would risk getting cramps. :-?

Opus the Poet

Post by Opus the Poet »

Antinerd wrote:
Thu Dec 05, 2019 4:22 pm
OllieOrOlly wrote:
Thu Dec 05, 2019 11:25 am
Though, then back to bashful and lustful, which must be struggle with her seemingly absolute professionalism.
Hard to believe she is hard up to have someone to feel her butt.
Roxie did have a conversation with her ex about going through an extended dry spell since they broke up, not too many comics ago.
Don Alexander wrote:Duh. All people are homosexual. Most just don't get beyond the heterosexual experimentation phase until they die of old age.

worldshaking00

Post by worldshaking00 »

Roxie tends to keep to herself, or be gruff to the point of keeping people distant. Despite her wrestling and athletic achievements, she has some deep insecurity issues she needs to address before she can move on.

I get the feeling that Brandy - the ex - was allowed into Roxie's personal zone because Roxie was able to satisfy Brandy's lusts and Brandy could count on Roxie to be faithful and tolerant of Brandy's wandering eye... if that ever would have been an issue.... we never understood the full extent of their relationship's boundaries. They worked. They shagged. Seemed like they got along. Work changed, and thus the relationship did too. Brandy was doing Roxie a favor, trying to break her out of her self-imposed shell. But Roxie never really 'flew' with Brandy's tutelage on being less uptight... she just got comfortable with Brandy.

As for no one touching her butt... or other parts... that's on the writers and how they've painted Roxie. She's the current character in the crosshairs to be made fun of. Comedy is usually about an element of exaggeration. I am pretty sure she could have found someone after Brandy, if she applied herself even a tenth as much as she puts into her wrestling/fitness. She needs to make time for herself, and explore her own beauty as well as live a little, rather than always trying to fix others and shape them into her paradigm. But that is why we like her, so, we'll see.
"Be excellent to each other." - Bill & Ted's Excellent Adventure
"Like my old grand daddy used to say, 'The less a man makes declarative statements, the less apt he is to look foolish in retrospect.'" - Chester Rush, Four Rooms
Chivalry isn't dead, it just followed wherever being lady-like went.

BlairFan
Yap Yap Sycophant

Post by BlairFan »

Aw, c'mon Roxy, there's plenty of time for you to feel Zadie's butt while the pie is baking. ;-)

JoybuzzerX

Post by JoybuzzerX »

worldshaking00 wrote:
Perhaps Peggy can get a cameo, on the health benefits of strap-on use and building abs? Seems oddly appropriate between these two and the sexual tension Roxie is bringing to the party.

She wants to look to be in better shape. My guess is tone. Julian showed himself off and that just made the other two feel less than.

Devil Girl

Post by Devil Girl »

Holy crapsky! Why is Roxie trying to give Zadie an eating disorder? Teach the woman some damn nutrition, moderation, and good workouts—but don't be throwing her food away! The fact she keeps her guilty pleasure treats in one spot behind a cabinet door (out of sight) puts her worlds ahead of most people. That is an unhealthy way to begin a professional or dating relationship. Total enmeshment flags here.

Devil Girl

Post by Devil Girl »

JoybuzzerX wrote:
Sat Dec 07, 2019 11:24 am
worldshaking00 wrote:

She wants to look to be in better shape. My guess is tone. Julian showed himself off and that just made the other two feel less than.
She actually has a gorgeous body for art modeling (though arguably *anybody* does—good artists try to study as many body types as possible), and she looks healthy/active already.

If she is trying to look like a super hero to model for the new comic being created, it'd be understandable why she'd want to build muscle, but it appeared she's just doing this to "look hot" for the cute web artist. I was superficial like that about my body when I was in my late teens. That feels like (and probably was) ages ago so I would like to think young women these days are a little more educated and less insecure, but I throw Zadie a bone as she was just cheated on by her live-in boyfriend and probably had her world turned upside down since she had to redo her housing situation while starting a new job. Those are a lot of changes which can easily make anyone flaky.

JoybuzzerX

Post by JoybuzzerX »

Devil Girl wrote:
Sun Dec 08, 2019 2:57 pm
JoybuzzerX wrote:
Sat Dec 07, 2019 11:24 am
worldshaking00 wrote:

She actually has a gorgeous body for art modeling (though arguably *anybody* does—good artists try to study as many body types as possible), and she looks healthy/active already.

If she is trying to look like a super hero to model for the new comic being created, it'd be understandable why she'd want to build muscle, but it appeared she's just doing this to "look hot" for the cute web artist. I was superficial like that about my body when I was in my late teens. That feels like (and probably was) ages ago so I would like to think young women these days are a little more educated and less insecure, but I throw Zadie a bone as she was just cheated on by her live-in boyfriend and probably had her world turned upside down since she had to redo her housing situation while starting a new job. Those are a lot of changes which can easily make anyone flaky.
She does. I'd say it's more in line with the idea that, while she does have a gorgeous body, seeing another body in such great shape, likely made her feel fat.