Moderators: Dave Zero1, Don Alexander, Giz, midgetshrimp

Giz
Site Admin

PTC 03-12-19 Not that cupboard

Post by Giz »

OllieOrOlly

Re: PTC 03-12-19 Not that cupboard

Post by OllieOrOlly »

Belated note of sorts: Roxie doesn't seem like the type to wear shoulder-baring shirts, but I guess she is trying to put her best foot forward in this misunderstanding non-date. Also, Zadie's outfit is really pretty - perhaps too unintentionally flirtatious, which reinforces the misunderstanding, but very nice nonetheless.

For non-Canadians such as myself, are those real food products or parodies of real products?

LegendaryKroc

Post by LegendaryKroc »

Is she allowed to do that? I feel like getting all in-someone's-face and judgey is not a good way to ingratiate yourself to them.

And especially if this was a date, would anyone be happy to date someone who tried to control their diet and habits on the first date, regardless of sexuality?

Spidrift

Post by Spidrift »

Evidently Roxie is a serious gym bunny first, a hopeful romantic far second.

And honestly, this strip would be far more convincing if Zadie actually looked like someone who regularly pigs out on empty calories, instead of looking like, well, an Ma3-universe character who isn't Jung, Ramona, or over 40.
---------
Spidrift
"Brevior vita est quam pro futumentibus negotium agendo."
-- Motto of Hogshead Publishing of fond memory, and wise words to set your Foes List by.
Avatar misappropriated from the wonderful XKCD.

SlightlyMostly

Post by SlightlyMostly »

OllieOrOlly wrote:
Tue Dec 03, 2019 10:32 am
For non-Canadians such as myself, are those real food products or parodies of real products?
They are real: Jos Louis, 1/2 Lune Moon cakes, Jet-Puffed. The 1/2 Lune Moon cakes are apparently a product of Montreal.

Chantaru

Post by Chantaru »

SlightlyMostly wrote:
Tue Dec 03, 2019 11:34 am
OllieOrOlly wrote:
They are real: Jos Louis, 1/2 Lune Moon cakes, Jet-Puffed. The 1/2 Lune Moon cakes are apparently a product of Montreal.
They all are. Not sure about Jet Puffs but the other are Gâteaux Vachon which is a very iconic junk cake manufacturer. I remember when Twinkies were supposed to go out of business in the US and everyone was freaking out. These are the Twinkies of Quebec.

OldBrit

Post by OldBrit »

LegendaryKroc wrote:
Tue Dec 03, 2019 11:04 am
Is she allowed to do that? I feel like getting all in-someone's-face and judgey is not a good way to ingratiate yourself to them.

And especially if this was a date, would anyone be happy to date someone who tried to control their diet and habits on the first date, regardless of sexuality?
Remember that Zadie has asked Roxie to be her trainer.
This is Roxie helping her with her diet.

lordoffiling

Post by lordoffiling »

Spidrift wrote:
Tue Dec 03, 2019 11:06 am

And honestly, this strip would be far more convincing if Zadie actually looked like someone who regularly pigs out on empty calories, instead of looking like, well, an Ma3-universe character who isn't Jung, Ramona, or over 40.
Well, as I've said in the past, the standard of fitness may be different in Montreal. A quick Google search would seem to indicate a lower percentage of people on the island own cars, lots of people just walk everywhere.

My wife lived in France for five years with no car and got into the best physical shape of her life, doing nothing special with her diet, just because she couldn't keep more than a few days of groceries in her apartment and the closest place to buy food was a couple miles away.
"Rather than simply enjoying these comics, we log in to these forums to argue about them. [...] We are some strange people, and I guess we have nothing better to do." - lordoffiling

Fluffy

Post by Fluffy »

OllieOrOlly wrote:
Belated note of sorts: Roxie doesn't seem like the type to wear shoulder-baring shirts, but I guess she is trying to put her best foot forward in this misunderstanding non-date. Also, Zadie's outfit is really pretty - perhaps too unintentionally flirtatious, which reinforces the misunderstanding, but very nice nonetheless.

Yes - they're legit. Jos Louis are akin to Mud Pies here in the States - just thinner and dipped in a thin layer of chocolate. Half Moons are similar; just a vanilla flavored version of Jos Louis that cut in half (giving it a half moon shape) and no chocolate dip.

So good! <3
Please, don't come to me expecting me to fix your problems.

someone

Post by someone »

Zadie.

You've got roommates. That was the perfect excuse there, you just had to say "those are Aaron's".

Opus the Poet

Post by Opus the Poet »

LegendaryKroc wrote:
Tue Dec 03, 2019 11:04 am

Remember the excuse for the date is to work on her nutrition. Getting rid of the junk food is a big thing when doing that.
Don Alexander wrote:Duh. All people are homosexual. Most just don't get beyond the heterosexual experimentation phase until they die of old age.

LegendaryKroc

Post by LegendaryKroc »

OldBrit wrote:
Tue Dec 03, 2019 12:06 pm
Remember that Zadie has asked Roxie to be her trainer.
This is Roxie helping her with her diet.
Opus the Poet wrote:
Tue Dec 03, 2019 6:58 pm
Remember the excuse for the date is to work on her nutrition. Getting rid of the junk food is a big thing when doing that.
Someone should tell Roxie that, then. I think she's forgotten that.

And considering she knew about this meeting well in advance, I'm surprised Zadie didn't think to just put those somewhere Roxie wouldn't look. Evidently she doesn't think too far ahead ever.

brasca

Post by brasca »

Spidrift wrote:
Tue Dec 03, 2019 11:06 am

Well Zadie is young so her metabolism hasn't caught up with her yet.

It does seem like a sudden switch from lust to business especially when Roxie is the one who thinks this is a date, but she's dithered over whether she should even have come over to Zadie's so I'll accept this as emotions constantly conflicting.
someone wrote:
Tue Dec 03, 2019 3:09 pm
Zadie.

You've got roommates. That was the perfect excuse there, you just had to say "those are Aaron's".
Agreed, but since I'm uncertain of these Montreal treats so it's possible these are the kinds of snacks only a girl would eat. Maybe that's why she didn't bother to lie.

There's nothing wrong with good nutrition, but I abhor food waste. At least donate those treats to some hungry kids Roxie.

Chantaru

Post by Chantaru »

brasca wrote:
Wed Dec 04, 2019 12:30 am
someone wrote:
Tue Dec 03, 2019 3:09 pm
Zadie.

Agreed, but since I'm uncertain of these Montreal treats so it's possible these are the kinds of snacks only a girl would eat. Maybe that's why she didn't bother to lie.

There's nothing wrong with good nutrition, but I abhor food waste. At least donate those treats to some hungry kids Roxie.
So there is girl food now? And no, these are basically Twinkies or Little Debbies.

JoybuzzerX

Post by JoybuzzerX »

Well, she's throwing away boxes and the product in the boxes is in wrappers...she can grab it all later :p