PTC 03-12-19 Not that cupboard

Discuss Ma3 here!

Moderators: Dave Zero1, Don Alexander, Giz, midgetshrimp

hightechartist

Re: PTC 03-12-19 Not that cupboard

Post by hightechartist »

Spidrift wrote:
Tue Dec 03, 2019 11:06 am
Evidently Roxie is a serious gym bunny first, a hopeful romantic far second.

And honestly, this strip would be far more convincing if Zadie actually looked like someone who regularly pigs out on empty calories, instead of looking like, well, an Ma3-universe character who isn't Jung, Ramona, or over 40.
I have a friend (actually one of my groomsmen at my wedding) who until his mid 30's was a beanpole with a black hole for a stomach. He would eat more than the fattest guys in our group, I'm sure he easily pounded down like 5000 calories a day, and honestly still looked malnourished. He didn't just have trouble putting on fat, but struggled to build muscle too despite constantly trying to bulk up. It's one of those problems I envied while at the same time I understand the problems it caused for him.

His metabolism finally slowed down over the past few years, and now he just eats like a normal person and stays thin.

Spidrift

Post by Spidrift »

Yahbut... Everybody in this setting seems to have that condition. Or at least, many more people than I meet in real life. Most geeks and sugar addicts I meet run to at least a little padding. In the Ma3 universe, we get skinny geeks like Aaron, implausible accidental Adonises like Gary, and, okay, Jung as the token comedy fat dude.
---------
Spidrift
"Brevior vita est quam pro futumentibus negotium agendo."
-- Motto of Hogshead Publishing of fond memory, and wise words to set your Foes List by.
Avatar misappropriated from the wonderful XKCD.

xetalon

Post by xetalon »

someone wrote:
Tue Dec 03, 2019 3:09 pm
Zadie.

You've got roommates. That was the perfect excuse there, you just had to say "those are Aaron's".
Except that Roxie is also Aaron trainer, so nope.

Opus the Poet

Post by Opus the Poet »

Back when I was riding a bicycle 120 miles round trip to have lunch with my ex, regularly, plus "normal" riding around to get to places, I would consume upwards of 4K Calories a day just to not lose too much weight. This was when I was in my late 40s-early 50s, until I injured the other hip and had to stop riding because I couldn't get on the bike. My step-through bike I could still get on but I never could get that bike to fit me right, so I didn't ride it much. But you don't have to be a teenager to shove metabolism into nuclear-furnace range, just be active.
Don Alexander wrote:Duh. All people are homosexual. Most just don't get beyond the heterosexual experimentation phase until they die of old age.

Milnoc

Post by Milnoc »

No Super Jos Louis? Three layers of cake, two layers of cream, all coated with chocolate! :p

leftturnonly

Post by leftturnonly »

This date just turned into an early night home and a no-call follow up.

JoybuzzerX

Post by JoybuzzerX »

Spidrift wrote:
Wed Dec 04, 2019 8:45 am
Yahbut... Everybody in this setting seems to have that condition. Or at least, many more people than I meet in real life. Most geeks and sugar addicts I meet run to at least a little padding. In the Ma3 universe, we get skinny geeks like Aaron, implausible accidental Adonises like Gary, and, okay, Jung as the token comedy fat dude.
Gary is late 20's and Aaron is early 20's.

If one can accept that everyone in the M3 universe is bi/gay, then one should be able to accept there's plenty of easy to remain skinny.

BlairFan
Yap Yap Sycophant

Post by BlairFan »

With her diet, it's a wonder Zadie isn't shaped like a bowling ball. :))

Samadhi

Post by Samadhi »

OllieOrOlly wrote:
Tue Dec 03, 2019 10:32 am
For non-Canadians such as myself, are those real food products or parodies of real products?
They are real products, but the confusing part is that it is a Montréal cupboard without Pop Tarts

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Bmwu-srjEh4
"If you want others to be happy, practice compassion. If you want to be happy, practice compassion." -- the 14th Dalai Lama

OllieOrOlly

Post by OllieOrOlly »

SlightlyMostly wrote:
Tue Dec 03, 2019 11:34 am
OllieOrOlly wrote:
Tue Dec 03, 2019 10:32 am
For non-Canadians such as myself, are those real food products or parodies of real products?
They are real: Jos Louis, 1/2 Lune Moon cakes, Jet-Puffed. The 1/2 Lune Moon cakes are apparently a product of Montreal.
Thanks for the info!

And thanks to the others that also answered my question.