PTC 26-11-19 Kinda makes me look bad

Discuss Ma3 here!

Moderators: Dave Zero1, Don Alexander, Giz, midgetshrimp

Chantaru

Re: PTC 26-11-19 Kinda makes me look bad

Post by Chantaru »

worldshaking00 wrote:
Tue Nov 26, 2019 2:47 pm
Maybe... maybe not. TBH, I don't know how liberal or conservative Montreal... Quebec... or even Canada as a whole is right at this moment. But the demographic slice of characters we have seen in pretty much all of Giz's/this studio's work is openly accepting and relatively young in age. It is a small slice of society that tends toward not being conservative. Eulice being the only exception I can bring to mind and she has little patience/tolerance for anyone freeloading (and I would assume that as long as the rent is paid on her apartments on time & in full and her tenants don't wreck the place, she's cool with ax murderers and creepy shut-ins).
Well, I have lived in Mtl most of my adult life.. maybe 20 years ago, one still saw ads for roommates that mentionned what gender they were looking for, those are basically extinct now. My mom rents a room in her house to boarders and will rent to any gender. My 85 yo neighbor never cared that I had a male housemate who was not my partner. Litterally noone cares. I have had many roommates over the years ( about 20) of different genders and noone raised an eyebrow aside from my grandma.

christopheftw

Post by christopheftw »

Aw man. I hope Julian doesn’t get his feelings hurt.

Spidrift

Post by Spidrift »

Not to be unsympathetic to anyone, but Julian knows that Aaron is ostentatiously straight; Aaron was going on about it in earlier strips. It’s not like Roxie, who has some small fragment of an excuse for her excess optimism. If Julian is now written as getting his heart broken, it’s either stupidity, amnesia, or bad writing.
---------
Spidrift
"Brevior vita est quam pro futumentibus negotium agendo."
-- Motto of Hogshead Publishing of fond memory, and wise words to set your Foes List by.
Avatar misappropriated from the wonderful XKCD.