Moderators: Dave Zero1, Don Alexander, Giz, midgetshrimp

Giz
Site Admin

PTC 07-11-19 Celebrate what

Post by Giz »

Opus the Poet

Re: PTC 07-11-19 Celebrate what

Post by Opus the Poet »

Roxie is back to her early Ma3 appearances level of vulnerability. Pity, I was hoping she retained what she learned near the end.
Don Alexander wrote:Duh. All people are homosexual. Most just don't get beyond the heterosexual experimentation phase until they die of old age.

LegendaryKroc

Post by LegendaryKroc »

Ooo, someone's excited for that date that's never coming. I almost feel sorry for her.

Almost because since this is in the MA3 universe, I'm half convinced Zadie will conveniently turn bi and be into short girls.

Spidrift

Post by Spidrift »

Only half?

I mean, sure, we've had one consistently straight female primary character, but the whole thing with Ruby was that she was restrained and conventional and started out proclaiming that she had no interest in sex, so getting her into one enthusiastic monogamous straight relationship was character development enough in the time available. Otherwise...
---------
Spidrift
"Brevior vita est quam pro futumentibus negotium agendo."
-- Motto of Hogshead Publishing of fond memory, and wise words to set your Foes List by.
Avatar misappropriated from the wonderful XKCD.

rogermart

Post by rogermart »

Well, i consider Kylie as straight also...

Aside from those two, you know Everybody's bi in Montreal :D
That's what i do... i drink and i know things...

Spidrift

Post by Spidrift »

Okay, I’ll give you Kiley. Despite what DiDi inflicted on her and her confrontation therapy with Yuki and Sonya.
---------
Spidrift
-- Motto of Hogshead Publishing of fond memory, and wise words to set your Foes List by.

Antinerd

Post by Antinerd »

Even if you weren't inclined to her I don't see how you could turn down doing a girl like Roxie being as cute as she is. It isn't even a matter of attraction anymore it is more like you don't want to disappoint her.

rogermart

Post by rogermart »

Spidrift wrote:
Thu Nov 07, 2019 2:19 pm
Okay, I’ll give you Kiley. Despite what DiDi inflicted on her and her confrontation therapy with Yuki and Sonya.
About the Didi situation, one of my favorite panels is the first one of this comic, I laughed hard at Kiley doing that...
That's what i do... i drink and i know things...

LegendaryKroc

Post by LegendaryKroc »

Spidrift wrote:
Thu Nov 07, 2019 1:10 pm
Only half?

I mean, sure, we've had one consistently straight female primary character, but the whole thing with Ruby was that she was restrained and conventional and started out proclaiming that she had no interest in sex, so getting her into one enthusiastic monogamous straight relationship was character development enough in the time available. Otherwise...
I know, but I feel like the writer might be counting on our expectations just to subvert them, and this wouldn't be the first time we had an unrequited love situation in this universe if they stick to it. Not by a country mile. See Dillon going after Gary, Sonya going after Zii, Julian going after Dillon (/irony) and of course, DiDi going after Kiley. Heck, three of this strip's main characters are in a love recycling triangle.

Storm-forge mystique

Post by Storm-forge mystique »

And the twist is that Zadie is totally into Roxie and knows exactly what she's doing.

...please?

brasca

Post by brasca »

Storm-forge mystique wrote:
Thu Nov 07, 2019 5:29 pm
And the twist is that Zadie is totally into Roxie and knows exactly what she's doing.

...please?
Wishful thinking. So far this webcomic has established that Zadie impulsively kisses Aaron to make her ex-boyfriend jealous and then invites Julian to live at her apartment because she thinks they'll end up in bed together. She's shown no signs of considering anyone of the same gender or even muse about switching teams. It's not out of the realm of possibilities considering how Sandra ended up, but I imagine it would be a long journey to get there.

It seems unusual that Roxie is smitten, but she's had a long dry spell and I don't think she has much success with women prior to that. Perhaps the only reason she hooked up with Brandy is she took the initiative.

Storm-forge mystique

Post by Storm-forge mystique »

I'm not so interested in which team she bats for as her not being such an effing idiot.

Spidrift

Post by Spidrift »

And, again, it’s Ma3.
---------
Spidrift

BlairFan
Yap Yap Sycophant

Post by BlairFan »

Now Roxie will get rip-roaring drunk, and completely embarrass herself. ;)