Post by Giz »

TheFoolishOne

Re: PTC 31-10-19 Give her space

Post by TheFoolishOne »

Roxie sense tingling

worldshaking00

Post by worldshaking00 »

While Roxie has certainly been distracted and lost wrestling matches before, she certainly is taking Zadie's distraction rather hard... to the point of fleeing... and not over the recent loss.

Cooking her dinner is probably the worst thing she could do for Roxie... chiefly because of room mates. Which means it will happen.

Commence lore drop.
"Be excellent to each other." - Bill & Ted's Excellent Adventure
"Like my old grand daddy used to say, 'The less a man makes declarative statements, the less apt he is to look foolish in retrospect.'" - Chester Rush, Four Rooms
Chivalry isn't dead, it just followed wherever being lady-like went.

Error of Logic

Post by Error of Logic »

Oh, dear... And the misunderstandings continue.

JoybuzzerX

Post by JoybuzzerX »

Misunderstanding for sure, but maybe a misunderstanding that leads to something. O.O

Until this screws up, I'm shipping them! Could they be the next Sandra and Cammy?! :o

brasca

Post by brasca »

worldshaking00 wrote:
Thu Oct 31, 2019 11:37 am
While Roxie has certainly been distracted and lost wrestling matches before, she certainly is taking Zadie's distraction rather hard... to the point of fleeing... and not over the recent loss.

Cooking her dinner is probably the worst thing she could do for Roxie... chiefly because of room mates. Which means it will happen.

Commence lore drop.
It's the worst thing to happen because Roxie thinks Zadie is interested in her and doesn't know she's straight. However, it will happen because this is a farce so comical misunderstandings will ensue.

Roxie definitely needs to focus since she had that fight won, but if she's getting distracted by women then that Achilles Heel will be exploited.

Error of Logic

Post by Error of Logic »

JoybuzzerX wrote:
Thu Oct 31, 2019 3:30 pm
Misunderstanding for sure, but maybe a misunderstanding that leads to something. O.O

Until this screws up, I'm shipping them! Could they be the next Sandra and Cammy?! :o
I dunno. All we really know about Zadie's sexual orientation is that she drools over handsome young men with buff bods. Her feelings towards lovely young women with buff bods need more clarification.

Spidrift

Post by Spidrift »

In reality. I would assume that she was straight and was simply being too nice here, generating unfortunate misunderstandings. In the Ma3 universe, we are surely obliged to assume that she's bi (whether she knows it yet or not), and the misunderstandings will be comedic.

(Actually, that's a little unfair. Ruby was allowed some character integrity, or at least discovering a taste for yaoi was treated as enough of a change for her. But that was in SDB, and PTC looks set to follow the Ma3/SotR conventions.)
---------
Spidrift
"Brevior vita est quam pro futumentibus negotium agendo."
-- Motto of Hogshead Publishing of fond memory, and wise words to set your Foes List by.
Avatar misappropriated from the wonderful XKCD.

cheshire86

Post by cheshire86 »

I love Roxie's antenna hair! Definitely in the top 10 "Coolest Hair" of all comicdom for me!

Spidrift

Post by Spidrift »

I understand that this is an adaptation of a manga convention, "idiot hair", but used to indicate surprise (often with a large dose of sexual provocation) rather than stupidity in the Ma3 universe. Zii was always very prone to it, though it could show up on her and Gary at the same time.
---------
Spidrift
"Brevior vita est quam pro futumentibus negotium agendo."
-- Motto of Hogshead Publishing of fond memory, and wise words to set your Foes List by.
Avatar misappropriated from the wonderful XKCD.

rogermart

Post by rogermart »

Spidrift wrote:
Thu Oct 31, 2019 6:38 pm
I understand that this is an adaptation of a manga convention, "idiot hair", but used to indicate surprise (often with a large dose of sexual provocation) rather than stupidity in the Ma3 universe. Zii was always very prone to it, though it could show up on her and Gary at the same time.
Exactly, it's a manga trope called "ahoge", which is translated literally as idiot or foolish hair, but it doesn't limit itself to foolish characters.
That's what i do... i drink and i know things...

Opus the Poet

Post by Opus the Poet »

The biggest "Senpai noticed meeeee!" moment since Ma3 started. There may have been a similar moment in CCS but I don't think it rises to the same level as this strip.
Don Alexander wrote:Duh. All people are homosexual. Most just don't get beyond the heterosexual experimentation phase until they die of old age.

worldshaking00

Post by worldshaking00 »

brasca wrote:
Thu Oct 31, 2019 4:09 pm
It's the worst thing to happen because Roxie thinks Zadie is interested in her and doesn't know she's straight. However, it will happen because this is a farce so comical misunderstandings will ensue.

Roxie definitely needs to focus since she had that fight won, but if she's getting distracted by women then that Achilles Heel will be exploited.
I did not realize that it was already brought up that Roxie knew Zadie prior to the previous strip. Or has it?

It is obvious that Roxie is nervous around Zadie, but the question that makes me intrigued is why. Did Roxie confess her love to Zadie and was crushed to learn that Zadie did not feel the same?
"Be excellent to each other." - Bill & Ted's Excellent Adventure
"Like my old grand daddy used to say, 'The less a man makes declarative statements, the less apt he is to look foolish in retrospect.'" - Chester Rush, Four Rooms
Chivalry isn't dead, it just followed wherever being lady-like went.

Cortez

Post by Cortez »

It's cute seeing Roxie like this.

JoybuzzerX

Post by JoybuzzerX »

Error of Logic wrote:
Thu Oct 31, 2019 5:23 pm
JoybuzzerX wrote:
Thu Oct 31, 2019 3:30 pm

I dunno. All we really know about Zadie's sexual orientation is that she drools over handsome young men with buff bods. Her feelings towards lovely young women with buff bods need more clarification.
Same happened with Sandra. Though, if nothing happens, I won't be devastated. :p