PTC 31-10-19 Give her space

Discuss Ma3 here!

Moderators: Dave Zero1, Don Alexander, Giz, midgetshrimp

Spidrift

Re: PTC 31-10-19 Give her space

Post by Spidrift »

Opus the Poet wrote:
Thu Oct 31, 2019 9:21 pm
The biggest "Senpai noticed meeeee!" moment since Ma3 started. There may have been a similar moment in CCS but I don't think it rises to the same level as this strip.
I thought that a senpai was supposed to be older, more mature, or generally socially superior?
worldshaking00 wrote:
Thu Oct 31, 2019 11:10 pm
It is obvious that Roxie is nervous around Zadie, but the question that makes me intrigued is why. Did Roxie confess her love to Zadie and was crushed to learn that Zadie did not feel the same?
I thought it was clear from her previous scenes in PTC that Roxie has been generally unlucky in love, is nervous of making the first move, and has a raging inferiority complex about her inability to find affection or appeal to other women. When someone who feels like that is attracted to someone, of course they become nervous around them; she’s terrified of screwing up while being convinced at heart that she will (which of course becomes a self-fulfilling prophecy).
---------
Spidrift
"Brevior vita est quam pro futumentibus negotium agendo."
-- Motto of Hogshead Publishing of fond memory, and wise words to set your Foes List by.
Avatar misappropriated from the wonderful XKCD.

JoybuzzerX

Post by JoybuzzerX »

Spidrift wrote:
Fri Nov 01, 2019 8:12 am
Opus the Poet wrote:
Thu Oct 31, 2019 9:21 pm
The biggest "Senpai noticed meeeee!" moment since Ma3 started. There may have been a similar moment in CCS but I don't think it rises to the same level as this strip.
I thought that a senpai was supposed to be older, more mature, or generally socially superior?
worldshaking00 wrote:
Thu Oct 31, 2019 11:10 pm
It is obvious that Roxie is nervous around Zadie, but the question that makes me intrigued is why. Did Roxie confess her love to Zadie and was crushed to learn that Zadie did not feel the same?
I thought it was clear from her previous scenes in PTC that Roxie has been generally unlucky in love, is nervous of making the first move, and has a raging inferiority complex about her inability to find affection or appeal to other women. When someone who feels like that is attracted to someone, of course they become nervous around them; she’s terrified of screwing up while being convinced at heart that she will (which of course becomes a self-fulfilling prophecy).
She's had at least one relationship, though I forgot why it didn't work out. Got cheated on?

Spidrift

Post by Spidrift »

If you mean Zadie, yes, got cheated on. (This is clearly an insufficiently memorable comic, as the strip when this was revealed ran just six months ago.)

If you mean Roxie, yes, she has had at least one relationship, with Brandy.
---------
Spidrift
"Brevior vita est quam pro futumentibus negotium agendo."
-- Motto of Hogshead Publishing of fond memory, and wise words to set your Foes List by.
Avatar misappropriated from the wonderful XKCD.

BlairFan
Yap Yap Sycophant

Post by BlairFan »

Poor Roxie. I think she could use a peaceful, quiet moment to reflect. She shouldn't be ashamed of losing the wrestling match to Gwynn. Everyone loses at some point, also, she lost to a champion. And Zadie is beautiful, so I just can't believe many others aren't very attracted to her too.

JoybuzzerX

Post by JoybuzzerX »

Okay. Brandy may have been less a couple and more, lots of together, but never a couple.

Rolan7

Post by Rolan7 »

Cortez wrote:
Fri Nov 01, 2019 12:20 am
It's cute seeing Roxie like this.
That sums up my feelings. Without trying to rate the character or anything, I find her cute yet competent, and her hard work (and... sacrifices) to be taken seriously is very endearing to me. I can't help but wish the character good luck, though I know it won't come easily!

That said, she does deserve to regret that loss, because she pushed *really* hard for that fight :P I know it's wrestling and over the top etc, but I *feel* like she doubled down twice and then lost. It wasn't a fair fight in either direction, but it was a fight she forced to happen, so it's okay she accepts the consequences - if that makes sense.

I hope they communicate over dinner and clear up any confusion - haha nah, I'm looking forward to the hijinks!