PTC 05-09-19 Not too generous with compliments

Discuss Ma3 here!

Moderators: Dave Zero1, Don Alexander, Giz, midgetshrimp

BlairFan
Yap Yap Sycophant

Re: PTC 05-09-19 Not too generous with compliments

Post by BlairFan »

@hightechartist, Perhaps you mean something like "Zadie, you don't have any part of your body that can't be improved right here in this gym?"
;)

Ophelianime

Post by Ophelianime »

Had to take a break on webcomics for awhile, so I got to binge on everything I've missed up to this point. Anyway, here's my two cents on the dynamics so far.
My biggest observation at this point is that Zadie appears to be just as immature as Aaron
And something else just crossed my mind. We know that Didi is working closely with Roxie, so I'm just waiting for her to walk in on this and give Zadie a big ol inferiority complex. (as Didi inadvertently tends to do)
As for some of the comments I've read about how Roxie has had a bigger reaction to Zadie than she did Didi, I have a theory on that. As we all know, Didi and Roxie got off on the wrong foot, and first impressions can be hard to shake. Additionally, I think that Roxie is just turned off by Didi's overall personality. The effect physical appearance has can be overridden if the person in question has traits you find incredibly aggravating, and I think that's the case with Roxie and Didi.
I actually kind of like Roxie for reasons related to that. Sure she's abrasive, but she's also one of the few people in the cast of the comic who Didi can't charm, and I think that's a good thing. Didi was entirely too used to things going her way, and I think her relationship with Roxie will be good for her.

rogermart

Post by rogermart »

BlairFan wrote:
Sat Sep 07, 2019 3:09 pm
I find it rather poignant that someone as attractive as Zadie seems so insecure about her looks. This is not a rare phenomenon IRL, I have heard.
I'm a photographer, My exgf is an IG fitness model, and when i took her photos she always said that she didn't like to pose in shorts because of her "chicken legs", even though they look smokin' hot to me, and almost everyone that sees them. I've taken a lot of swimsuit photos and almost every time I have to hear things from the models like "I'm fat", "I'm too skinny", "I have non-existent boobs", "My boobs are too big", "I can't get rid of my cellulite", etc. A friend of mine has appeared in commercials and magazines and she still says her face is "kinda' meh", she literally makes money with her face and that's her opinion about it, and I know she is not fishing for compliments.

First time I heard those complaints from them, my reaction was "What the hell are you talking about!", so I get what you're coming from, now I'm used to it.
That's what i do... i drink and i know things...

BlairFan
Yap Yap Sycophant

Post by BlairFan »

@Rogermart, thanks for your real life experience input. I think knowing IRL well does help to understand Ma3 even though it's fictional. :)