Moderators: Dave Zero1, Don Alexander, Giz, midgetshrimp

Giz
Site Admin

PTC 08-08-19 Walloping websnappers

Post by Giz »

Opus the Poet

Re: PTC 08-08-19 Walloping websnappers

Post by Opus the Poet »

I think someone may be sliding a smidge on their personal Kinsey scale. But that's just a SWAG based on evidence not available to the outside observer.
Don Alexander wrote:Duh. All people are homosexual. Most just don't get beyond the heterosexual experimentation phase until they die of old age.

OllieOrOlly

Post by OllieOrOlly »

I like the "Incredibelle" moniker, as it sounds like a hero name, plus it's French-like. Also, having DiDi as a prop was the best version of her, before she got development, where we learned how horrible she is, but I digress.

Ending the strip on a setup to a gay panic joke is a little... meh. Though, since Aaron's subconscious was getting excited by Julian's smell, may be setting up - what others have said - that he is possibly gay himself and has just been in douchey denial.
A little odd the guys are sharing a bed. I presume Julian left Zadie on the couch, or carried her to her room, and perhaps when he did the same for Aaron, he was feeling exhaustion to the point of just nodding off.

RemoWilliams

Post by RemoWilliams »

Holy Alliteration, Batman!

--Remo Williams,
The Master of Sinanju.

Fluffy

Post by Fluffy »

Opus the Poet wrote:
Thu Aug 08, 2019 12:30 pm
I think someone may be sliding a smidge on their personal Kinsey scale. But that's just a SWAG based on evidence not available to the outside observer.
Aaron's asleep and dreaming of Didi (a 'hot' woman) and is oblivious to the fact Julian is in bed with him. Pretty sure he'll freak right out if he wakes up to find himself snuggled up to a dude.

That being said - why is Julian in bed with Aaron?
Please, don't come to me expecting me to fix your problems.

christopheftw

Post by christopheftw »

Sexistential crisis in 3 . . . 2 . . . 1 . . .

Error of Logic

Post by Error of Logic »

Fluffy wrote:
Thu Aug 08, 2019 1:19 pm
Rule of funny? Or Aaron was dreaming of falling because he kept flailing about, and Julian got so exhausted looking after him that he fell asleep. *shrug*
OllieOrOlly wrote:
Thu Aug 08, 2019 12:32 pm
I like the "Incredibelle" moniker, as it sounds like a hero name, plus it's French-like. Also, having DiDi as a prop was the best version of her, before she got development, where we learned how horrible she is, but I digress.
Wholehearted agreement here. Heck, Incredibelle seems a lot more likeable than Chastel so far. I almost wish this were a superhero comic so we'd see more of her.
Hmm... What kind of supercharacters would the rest of the Giziverse cast be, I wonder....?

Valkog

Post by Valkog »

The next strip is gonna be a homophobic freak-out, isn't it.
**== **== **== **==

TheFoolishOne

Post by TheFoolishOne »

or, he turns into Stan Lee

brasca

Post by brasca »

Error of Logic wrote:
Thu Aug 08, 2019 5:21 pm
Fluffy wrote:
Rule of funny? Or Aaron was dreaming of falling because he kept flailing about, and Julian got so exhausted looking after him that he fell asleep. *shrug*
Definitely rule of funny, but at least Julian didn't undress Aaron for bed. I know DiDi would've.

BlairFan
Yap Yap Sycophant

Post by BlairFan »

>Sigh< This webcomic just keeps getting sillier and sillier...
AND I'M LOVING IT!!!
:)) :)) :))

Lokitsu

Post by Lokitsu »

Fluffy wrote:
Opus the Poet wrote:
Thu Aug 08, 2019 12:30 pm
Aaron's asleep and dreaming of Didi (a 'hot' woman) and is oblivious to the fact Julian is in bed with him. Pretty sure he'll freak right out if he wakes up to find himself snuggled up to a dude.

I'm hoping that the freakout is contained to "How the hell did we end up here?!" and not some homophobic rant.
As far as how they ended in bed; my guess is Julian left Zadie and Aaron snoring away in the living room and took one of the beds. During the night, Aaron woke up enough to crawl into a bed without being awake enough to notice it was occupied. Innocent mistake and comedy staple.

Dragon Paladin

Post by Dragon Paladin »

I don’t think Aaron is gay, or even truly bi. He may be like Felix, who is usually straight, but occasionally meets a guy who pushes the roght buttons. Julien may be the one who pushes some of Aaron’s buttons.

cheshire86

Post by cheshire86 »

Still no cat. insert entitled cat-rage here

\M/

Sage

Post by Sage »

Dragon Paladin wrote:
Fri Aug 09, 2019 2:50 am
I don’t think Aaron is gay, or even truly bi. He may be like Felix, who is usually straight, but occasionally meets a guy who pushes the roght buttons. Julien may be the one who pushes some of Aaron’s buttons.
The Ma3 verse is one where nearly everyone is bi to some extent. That said, Aaron's story here is clearly figuring out all of his internalized homophobia and working through it. That said, I'm kinda bummed Julian has to deal with that. He's a sweet kid.