Post by Giz »

TheFoolishOne

Re: PTC 06-08-19 Just you and me standing

Post by TheFoolishOne »

LOL, Now there's a good laugh :D

TwoWayStar

Post by TwoWayStar »

I am incredibly interested on how they're going to make Aaron likeable as a character again. Because right now all I can think is If Julian says hes gay, 100% Aaron will throw a fit and not want to live with him. Which in modern day society is kind of seen as an extremely bad thing?

But they can't have a main character who is NOT a villain come across that badly...so what's going to do it I wonder.

Fluffy

Post by Fluffy »

I feel the same way when it comes to Zadie (seriously - accusing Aaron of even thinking of taking advantage of her in her drunken state, then proceeding to try and take advantage of Julian the moment Aaron passed out; double standards much, Zadie?).

Much like Aaron gives off the vibes of being homophobic, Zadie comes off as someone who would ask Julian if he tried being 'not gay' if she were to find out he was gay because he doesn't he fit the gay stereotype.

I don't know - just the vibe I'm getting from this character.
Last edited by Fluffy on Tue Aug 06, 2019 12:33 pm, edited 2 times in total.
Please, don't come to me expecting me to fix your problems.

Dragon Paladin

Post by Dragon Paladin »

Ok, that was a good punchline.

SailorDh

Post by SailorDh »

TwoWayStar wrote:
Tue Aug 06, 2019 11:01 am
I am incredibly interested on how they're going to make Aaron likeable as a character again. Because right now all I can think is If Julian says hes gay, 100% Aaron will throw a fit and not want to live with him. Which in modern day society is kind of seen as an extremely bad thing?

But they can't have a main character who is NOT a villain come across that badly...so what's going to do it I wonder.
When was Aarron likeable?

brasca

Post by brasca »

TwoWayStar wrote:
Tue Aug 06, 2019 11:01 am

I think Aaron would be relieved that his primary competition for Zadie’s affection is not a factor.

JoybuzzerX

Post by JoybuzzerX »

Fluffy wrote:
Tue Aug 06, 2019 11:55 am
I feel the same way when it comes to Zadie (seriously - accusing Aaron of even thinking of taking advantage of her in her drunken state, then proceeding to try and take advantage of Julian the moment Aaron passed out; double standards much, Zadie?).

Much like Aaron gives off the vibes of being homophobic, Zadie comes off as someone who would ask Julian if he tried being 'not gay' if she were to find out he was gay because he doesn't he fit the gay stereotype.

I don't know - just the vibe I'm getting from this character.
The problem here, is that Zadie (and most of society) only consider it taking advantage of a drunk person, when it's the guy, whether drunk or not, tries to get with the girl.

A girl, trying to get with a guy, whether either is drunk or not, is not seen as them taking advantage of anyone.

By society at large, forum posters however can always be a bit different.

BlairFan
Yap Yap Sycophant

Post by BlairFan »

It's better to sleep than to throw up. @. I think beer often makes drinkers sleepy, if it is drunk in the afternoon. Why not as much at night I don't know. Perhaps it's a kind of "second wind" feeling that happens after work or after dinner.

Error of Logic

Post by Error of Logic »

Heh… And to think, we first met Julian as "hot guy who used to be a kid babysat by Dillon".
^_^ Zadie and Aaron are fortunate to have at least one functional semi-adult in the house now.

I wonder how Julian's mom will feel when she processes her boy's moving out of the house without prior warning, though?
BlairFan wrote:
Tue Aug 06, 2019 3:41 pm
It's better to sleep than to throw up. @.
You just gave me a flashback to the early years of Questionable Content.

BlairFan
Yap Yap Sycophant

Post by BlairFan »

Now I'm wondering if Zadie could be faking her fatigue. She didn't do any heavy lifting like the guys did. And she's smiling as her head lands on Julian's lap.;) @EOL I don't know what Questionable Content is, but I will look it up :)

brasca

Post by brasca »

BlairFan wrote:
Tue Aug 06, 2019 4:30 pm
Now I'm wondering if Zadie could be faking her fatigue. She didn't do any heavy lifting like the guys did. And she's smiling as her head lands on Julian's lap.;) @EOL I don't know what Questionable Content is, but I will look it up :)
It could be an act, but if not it's more inebriation than fatigue. Both she and Aaron look like they have the kind of bodies that can't handle a lot of alcohol.

Valkog

Post by Valkog »

I don't see any bottles lying around, so I'm gonna go ahead and decide that everybody's had exactly one beer.
**== **== **== **==

TheFoolishOne

Post by TheFoolishOne »

I disagree, I think Aaron has displayed some good character there, being drunk, he will NOT take advantage of a drunk woman, (whom he IS attracted to). He has gone up some notches in my book

BlairFan
Yap Yap Sycophant

Post by BlairFan »

If Zadie's head landed in my lap like that, at least part of me would start standing, that's for sure.
;)