PTC 01-08-19 Loosen my policy

Discuss Ma3 here!

Moderators: Dave Zero1, Don Alexander, Giz, midgetshrimp

Error of Logic

Re: PTC 01-08-19 Loosen my policy

Post by Error of Logic »

Heh... It's a bit like Ma3, except everybody is clueless. Could be fun.

brasca

Post by brasca »

I’m not so sure that Julian is clueless, but just too polite and timid to set these two straight.

BlairFan
Yap Yap Sycophant

Post by BlairFan »

OH dear, too much beer.
Bad ideas are born,
save some (Hair of the dog)
for the morn. :)) :)) :))

Fluffy

Post by Fluffy »

The fact that Julian - who seems to be sober compared to the other two - thinks this is a good idea is rather irritating; as not only are the two pushing for him to move in are drunk off of their asses (not exactly the best time to make these kinds of arrangements), but that it's a small apartment (as Zadie herself confirmed), with the only other sleeping area being a pull out couch.

Having lived that kind of living arrangement myself, a set up like that isn't just cramped, but highly inconvenient when it comes to personal space/privacy (good luck having alone time with a date in a cramped setting when your bedroom is literally the living room); so whatever joke this strip was meant to have falls flat for me.
Please, don't come to me expecting me to fix your problems.

Udyr

Post by Udyr »

Oh dear. I wonder if someone will wake up in someones elses bed the next morning :))
eeeek!

Mandy

Post by Mandy »

Fluffy wrote:
Fri Aug 02, 2019 8:26 pm
The fact that Julian - who seems to be sober compared to the other two - thinks this is a good idea is rather irritating; as not only are the two pushing for him to move in are drunk off of their asses (not exactly the best time to make these kinds of arrangements), but that it's a small apartment (as Zadie herself confirmed), with the only other sleeping area being a pull out couch.
I read Julian's meekness, his father not approving of him bringing dates home, and him wanting out of his parent's place asap to all point at his father being somewhat homophobic.... Or I'm wrong and Julian's just another 18-year-old making a not-so-great decision that he doesn't totally understand the ramifications of. *Shrugs*

BlairFan
Yap Yap Sycophant

Post by BlairFan »

I see Julian as having a "When I say no, I feel guilty" personality. Some people are like that IRL, and there is actually a book of that title- it teaches how to strengthen one's assertiveness skills. (BTW, this book came out in 1971 and it's still in print. I'll just let that fact speak for itself.)