Post by Giz »

oddtail

Re: PTC 30-07-19 Dumb crush

Post by oddtail »

...OK, I laughed at this one =D

samtheman

Post by samtheman »

Since Julian still lives with his parents he's definitely going to move in with Aaron and Zadie at some point.

And I'm probably not going to read this comic much longer because honestly I think the story and comedy are kinda boring so far. Maybe I'll come back to it in a few months.

I do wonder if the main point of this comic is for Giz to indulge herself a little bit on the side while she does her paid freelance work.

SlightlyMostly

Post by SlightlyMostly »

I liked this strip and the previous ones too.

"Broke my heart"? Julian seems more affected by Dillon's refusal to date than I thought based on SDB.

Could that be Peggy as the other babysitter?

UnsightlyWalrus

Post by UnsightlyWalrus »

One step closer to the truth. Either Julian gets the cat out of the bag on the next strip or the very last strip of the entire series.

TheEighth

Post by TheEighth »

When just one isn't enough.....

https://giphy.com/explore/facepalm
What's the big deal?~Misery from Ruby Gloom
Dakara Korosu/So I'll Kill You~Kei Munakata from Medaka Box
I Floop the Pig~ Finn from Adventure Time
Dangerously Cheesy!~ Chester Cheetah from Cheetos
What the Juice? ~Randy Cunningham from Randy Cunningham: Ninth Grade Ninja.
Groovy. ~ Ashley J. Williams from Evil Dead
Just let yourself go floppy.
For now this is your chance.
Pretend you have no bones
And do the Rubber Chicken Dance~ Cheese Sandwich from My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic
I'm Appuhjack! Mowe appuh fwittuh?~ Baby Applejack from My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic
It's Taco Tuesday!~Sonata Dusk from Equestria Girls: Rainbow Rocks

OllieOrOlly

Post by OllieOrOlly »

I suppose Aaron has been a cringeworthy twerp for quite a number of years then.

I don't know if anyone has pointed it out, if they have, I apologise for repetition: recently getting vibes - especially with them all seated together talking - that this part is like Bizarro Main Ma3 Three. Julian, the most attractive member like DiDi, but unlike her, he has kind heart, a sense of insight, and is able to listen to others. Aaron, the smallest in mass at least like Zii, but instead of being an arguably arrogant, promiscuous rockstar, he is a delusional, abrasive involuntary celibate. And Zadie, the Gary, except instead of being a pushover, is strong willed yet without proper intelligence to guide it; he had a connection to pop culture, whereas she seems to have connections to fashion trends.
Julian isn't living with them, so it isn't a perfect inversion, but still seemed like an interesting thought to me.

Azrael
Mischief Maker

Post by Azrael »

*hums: Come and Knock on Our Door....

The new zany sitcom of three young singles in Montreal sharing a flat to get by, starring Zadie as Janet Wood, Julian as Chris Snow, and Aaron as Jack Tripper. If Eulice shows up as Mrs. Roper I may have to leave. :P
Grand Low Maker of Mischief, Claw of Chaos, Fang of Anarchy

politics: n. pl. from the Grk polis, meaning many, and the OE ticia, meaning blood sucking insects.

SailorDh

Post by SailorDh »

Zadie has to be regretting even knowing that deluded douchecanoe.

Valkog

Post by Valkog »

Holy crap, a punchline. An actual, real-life punchline, right out in the open for everyone to see. Nobody's going nuts at a minor stimulus, nobody's being needlessly spiteful, it's just characters talking about a topic, with a rare Peruvian punchline based around an ongoing misunderstanding, delivered in a way that doesn't cause baldness.
**== **== **== **==

BlairFan
Yap Yap Sycophant

Post by BlairFan »

Such an ironic title. :). Zadie has no idea but she has a dumb crush right now, on Julian of course.

brasca

Post by brasca »

Body by Beaivs. And I'd say that's probably the same pickup line he'd use. Realistically this kid was a gleam in his Mom's eye when Beavis and Butt-head were popular, but he's a geek and might've watched his Dad's videos.
SlightlyMostly wrote:
Tue Jul 30, 2019 9:59 am
I liked this strip and the previous ones too.

"Broke my heart"? Julian seems more affected by Dillon's refusal to date than I thought based on SDB.

Could that be Peggy as the other babysitter?
I thought that was Tess and Maura at first.

Sage

Post by Sage »

OllieOrOlly wrote:
Tue Jul 30, 2019 1:58 pm
I suppose Aaron has been a cringeworthy twerp for quite a number of years then.

I don't know if anyone has pointed it out, if they have, I apologise for repetition: recently getting vibes - especially with them all seated together talking - that this part is like Bizarro Main Ma3 Three. Julian, the most attractive member like DiDi, but unlike her, he has kind heart, a sense of insight, and is able to listen to others. Aaron, the smallest in mass at least like Zii, but instead of being an arguably arrogant, promiscuous rockstar, he is a delusional, abrasive involuntary celibate. And Zadie, the Gary, except instead of being a pushover, is strong willed yet without proper intelligence to guide it; he had a connection to pop culture, whereas she seems to have connections to fashion trends.
Julian isn't living with them, so it isn't a perfect inversion, but still seemed like an interesting thought to me.
I was with you til Zadie/Gary. Zadie isn't anywhere near as affable as Gary was.