Moderators: Dave Zero1, Don Alexander, Giz, midgetshrimp

brasca

Re: PTC 18-07-19 I am pumped

Post by brasca »

Fluffy wrote:
Thu Jul 18, 2019 8:12 pm
brasca wrote:
Thu Jul 18, 2019 7:55 pm
And while I agree humor is subjective if there is something I don't find amusing and it never changes then I don't bother with it.
So, why not apply that same solution to folks who have differing opinions to your own instead of throwing low ball insults at them?
Actually I do. I block them, but then I see a notification that someone has quoted what I wrote and I find it rude not to response.

Valkog

Post by Valkog »

It's rude not to respond, but it isn't rude to deliberately go out of your way to insult people for not thinking nonstop impossible stupidity is the funniest thing on Earth.
**== **== **== **==

SailorDh

Post by SailorDh »

Probably has more action figures than Gary has transformers in those boxes.

christopheftw

Post by christopheftw »

One can’t, while maintaining integrity, present oneself entirely as a humorless scold and then reasonably complain when others point out the fact.

Valkog

Post by Valkog »

You silly people and your wild imaginations.
**== **== **== **==

Fluffy

Post by Fluffy »

christopheftw wrote:
Fri Jul 19, 2019 9:23 pm
One can’t, while maintaining integrity, present oneself entirely as a humorless scold and then reasonably complain when others point out the fact.
People can voice their opinions - good or bad - about the direction the story/characters are going without being dicks to each other when their opinions conflict with one other. Is that really asking for too much?

Hell, Don Alexander responded to a previous thread asking people to stop acting like children. Here's hoping certain individuals can respect his wishes.
Please, don't come to me expecting me to fix your problems.

KittyHat

Post by KittyHat »

brasca wrote:
Thu Jul 18, 2019 4:40 pm
Although Aaron seems to be the Gary of this strip he seems to be lacking among other things the strength. Gary didn't seem to work out much, but he wouldn't be struggling. I could be wrong since unlike Zadie he doesn't have his shirt off. Speaking of she definitely keeps in shape and shaping out to be the Zii of this strip except without any interest in women.
Eh. Gary even at his lamest was still leagues ahead of Aaron. Even when he was full-on Garybot.

And that's sort of it, isn't it? I think it may be what's bothering others, like Fluffy: Aaron and Zadie are just shockingly unlikable and uninteresting as characters. Even Ruby, who I was never a fan of, was worlds more interesting and likable. Even No-Spine Gary was. Zii could make you want to throttle her to death, but at least she could also be entertaining at times as well.

Aaron and Zadie, though, could just be written out of the comic entirely, and to be honest, I wouldn't miss them at all. Bonus points if they were replaced by more interesting characters whom I miss! Isn't Alex still unresolved? Whatever happened to Pierre? How are Amber and Ruby doing lately? Just ... anything, really.

SailorDh

Post by SailorDh »

Sadly if I had to save Matt, Zii, or Aaron from a burning building..... ah fuck it I would grab a bag of marshmallows and enjoy the screams.

SlightlyMostly

Post by SlightlyMostly »

SailorDh wrote:
Fri Jul 19, 2019 3:39 pm
Probably has more action figures than Gary has transformers in those boxes.
Aaron was originally introduced as a Transformers expert, so his collection of Transformers specifically might rival Gary's. On the other hand they might be boxes full of comics, which could be much more tightly packed and heavier than boxes of figures.

samtheman

Post by samtheman »

Calling it now Julian will move in with Aaron and Zadie.

OllieOrOlly

Post by OllieOrOlly »

xetalon wrote:
Thu Jul 18, 2019 12:37 pm
OllieOrOlly wrote:
Thu Jul 18, 2019 11:31 am

Anyway, more points for Julian being a decent guy, as he is helping two strangers move - he is a business associate, so him doing such an act shows a kindness that goes above and beyond what he really needed to do.
I just want to point out that Aaron is not a stranger for Julian. He himself pointed this out.
Fair point. I'll amend it as "helping an estranged former classmate and a stranger." Well, since they hadn't seen each other for years, Julian and Aaron aren't exactly friends (though, this point is probably me trying to excuse my generalistation of strangers).