Moderators: Dave Zero1, Don Alexander, Giz, midgetshrimp

Giz
Site Admin

PTC 04-07-19 Built like this guy

Post by Giz »

Chantaru

Re: PTC 04-07-19 Built like this guy

Post by Chantaru »

They have quite a payroll for a budding indie label.

Spidrift

Post by Spidrift »

To be fair, they may be paying people like Felix piece rates, and nobody's talked salaries with Aaron yet. I'd guess it's only Julian, Zadie, and Ramona pulling down full-time pay cheques from the comics business. Which still means they need a reasonable lump of seed capital, but nothing off-the-scale unbelievable.

I'd assumed that Julian (and Dillon) grew up somewhere out of town and moved to the Big City at adulthood, which made me blink at Julian knowing Aaron like this... But I guess that the former was never stated as such, so whatevs. Acceptable levels of comedy coincidence there.

And I now have to admit that the joke here is actually quite good; random growth hormones vs. intent... Oh, and of course we're all waiting for the other shoe to drop on Zadie, given that she's now making doe eyes at Julian.
---------
Spidrift
"Brevior vita est quam pro futumentibus negotium agendo."
-- Motto of Hogshead Publishing of fond memory, and wise words to set your Foes List by.
Avatar misappropriated from the wonderful XKCD.

Dragon Paladin

Post by Dragon Paladin »

Who wants to start making wagers on how the characters get paired off? My guess is Aaron ends up being a closeted busexual and ends up with Felix.

christopheftw

Post by christopheftw »

Hahaha! Look at young Julian checking out the male physiques young Aaron is aspiring to!

Spidrift

Post by Spidrift »

Dragon Paladin wrote:
Thu Jul 04, 2019 10:59 am
Who wants to start making wagers on how the characters get paired off? My guess is Aaron ends up being a closeted busexual and ends up with Felix.
Hard to guess. Jokes notwithstanding, not everyone in these comics turns out to be bi (just most people), and while it would sort of serve Aaron right if he discovered that truth, he’s been such an ass about things that a turnaround would be quite serious drama... I kind of get the feeling that Aaron being an obnoxious idiot is set to be a fixed point in this comic, indefinitely. But then again, Gary being a hopeless virgin was a fixed point for a long time, until it wasn’t.

But what do I know? It’s not like the mood or the plot arcs of this comic are anything like established yet.
---------
Spidrift
-- Motto of Hogshead Publishing of fond memory, and wise words to set your Foes List by.

Valkog

Post by Valkog »

Did any of the other comics introduce this many characters within the first 30 strips? It's like Tite Kubo is writing this thing.
**== **== **== **==

Spidrift

Post by Spidrift »

I only count six characters so far (Aaron, Felix, Julian, Jung, Ramona, and Zadie). Ma3 hit that many at least as quickly (Gary, Matt, Dillon, Zii, DiDi, and Jung).
---------
Spidrift

lordoffiling

Post by lordoffiling »

If I recall correctly, strip one of Ma3 introduced us to Gary, Matt and Dillon immediately. We then met Zii and Didi very shortly thereafter. So that's five. Six if you count Lita, and I think we must.

And here we have... Zadie, Ramona, Julian, Jung, Aaron, and Felix. Six.

So technically we're right on pace.

EDIT: Spidrift won the race to the Submit button by a nose here...
"Rather than simply enjoying these comics, we log in to these forums to argue about them. [...] We are some strange people, and I guess we have nothing better to do." - lordoffiling

Valkog

Post by Valkog »

I guess you're technically correct. On a superficial level, anyway.
**== **== **== **==

captainswift

Post by captainswift »

Also technically, if you're a long-time Ma3-verse reader, Ramona and Jung are already well-established, and Aaron and Julian are existing tertiary characters as well, so we've only actually been introduced to two characters so far.

Spidrift

Post by Spidrift »

I wouldn’t split hairs that far. Anyhow, although Valkog was wrong, I can see where they got the idea from. The other comics opened with a lot of characters ... in different places, heading in different directions, with plots attached and running. This one is feeding all the new characters into one situation (employment in or around the new company), and hasn’t given any of them much in the way of plot yet.

It may well all pay off eventually, sure, but right now it’s just character-character-character...
---------
Spidrift

SailorDh

Post by SailorDh »

Plot seems to be can Aaron be a bigger asshole than Matt. The answer seems to be "Hold my beer."

brasca

Post by brasca »

I have to wonder if Julian got his physique naturally or he had to work at it. I suppose I might be jealous too if one growth spurt later and Julian is who he is today. Well if Aaron is feeling inferior perhaps he should see a therapist. I think there's someone who knows something about that. :ympray:

Spidrift

Post by Spidrift »

Working out can improve a lot, but it can’t make someone taller.
---------
Spidrift