PTC 02-07-19 Keep your enemies close

Discuss Ma3 here!

Moderators: Dave Zero1, Don Alexander, Giz, midgetshrimp

Spidrift

Re: PTC 02-07-19 Keep your enemies close

Post by Spidrift »

brasca wrote:
Tue Jul 02, 2019 6:39 pm
I recall Matt and Kiley using it albeit accurately since sexual activity was involved.
Yeah, true. Of course, it was the basis of the “fuckapist” joke there.

I don’t think that Giz and co. are scared of the word; I think they just reckon restraint is more effective.
---------
Spidrift
"Brevior vita est quam pro futumentibus negotium agendo."
-- Motto of Hogshead Publishing of fond memory, and wise words to set your Foes List by.
Avatar misappropriated from the wonderful XKCD.

Dragon Paladin

Post by Dragon Paladin »

Deleted this post. I meant for it to be simply a joke, but it came across as just mean spirited.
Last edited by Dragon Paladin on Tue Jul 02, 2019 11:19 pm, edited 1 time in total.

Giz
Site Admin

Post by Giz »

Spidrift wrote:
Tue Jul 02, 2019 10:51 am
Obvious question; if Aaron hangs around the shop a lot, one way and another, wouldn't he already know that Julian was the publishing company's graphics designer? As well as probably knowing that Julian is gay... All of which would just wipe out this strip's joke, of course, but the problem struck me so quickly that the joke didn't have time to even raise a smile.
When the series started, Aaron didn't even know they were going into publishing. Ramona was tight-lipped at first.

Spidrift

Post by Spidrift »

Ah, right. I forgot that.
---------
Spidrift
-- Motto of Hogshead Publishing of fond memory, and wise words to set your Foes List by.

Cortez

Post by Cortez »

brasca wrote:
Tue Jul 02, 2019 1:01 pm
It's nice seeing one familiar face.

Maybe with Sandra on the Rocks ending and Marie moving to Montreal we might see her stop by to reconnect with her inner geek.

F@#K? I know the nipple ban has curtailed nudity, but I didn't think this now applies to profanity.
I would also love to see Cammi and Sandra hanging out.

pcj

Post by pcj »

RaeSloane wrote:
Tue Jul 02, 2019 12:56 pm
Pier777 wrote:
Tue Jul 02, 2019 12:30 pm
Having been to quite a few cons (albeit the last was a while ago), I've noticed that watching an artist draw, albeit interesting, isn't a huge draw. At least not as much of a draw (oh look, pun - Not intended) as everyone is expecting this to be. Or is this only due to being at a convention where artists working is over saturated?
Possibly. I'm the patron on Patreon of several artists. All of them have a livestreaming tier and from what I can tell, that tier tends to be popular. To the point where one of the artists has decided to expand that tier because of the popularity. At a con, there's other things to see and also time is a factor. An artist has to turn over a lot of work to make a profit. Livestreaming usually involves the artist drawing but also interacting with viewers, answering questions, joking, etc.

So, yeah, I can't really imagine a ton of people coming to the shop to watch Felix unless the titles get popular. But livestreaming? They might have something there.
Another draw for livestreaming artists is often other artists, who tune in to see how they use their tools, especially if they do a lot of digital. There's so many tips and tricks for using the tools that can be shared, too.

Valkog

Post by Valkog »

Oh boy, another gawp-eyed dipshit to keep track of. Which one is this, again? People seem to already know about him.
**== **== **== **==

LegendaryKroc

Post by LegendaryKroc »

That's Julian. He's from Dillon's spin-off comic. He's a little boy Dillon used to babysit all grown up, and having come out as gay. The main joke of his character was that he now found Dillon attractive, and how that creeped out Dillon considering what their personal dynamic used to be.

Spidrift

Post by Spidrift »

Also, when last seen, had got over Dillon and was about to go on a date with Jordan (the character used whenever Dillon needed a token rival gay actor).
---------
Spidrift