Strawberry Light Novel 3

Archived forum topics for Seven Seas Entertainment's line of licensed manga and novel series and other original properties. To interact with Seven Seas directly, follow us on twitter.com/gomanga or like us on facebook.com/gomanga.
dragonadragon

Strawberry Light Novel 3

Post by dragonadragon »

What happened with Strawberry Panic Light Novel 3? I pre-ordered it from 2 different websites, and both ran out of stock before I could receive one. Does this mean I will have to live with out vol. 3 just like vol. 2 since I missed my chance to buy that one too?

Lord Styphon

Re: Strawberry Light Novel 3

Post by Lord Styphon »

You didn't bother reading any of the other topics here before making this thread, did you?

Adam_Arnold
Squad-Mod

Post by Adam_Arnold »

dragonadragon wrote:What happened with Strawberry Panic Light Novel 3? I pre-ordered it from 2 different websites, and both ran out of stock before I could receive one. Does this mean I will have to live with out vol. 3 just like vol. 2 since I missed my chance to buy that one too?
Strawberry Panic Novel 3 and Ballad of a Shinigami Novel 3 have not been released. Seven Seas' Light Novel imprint went on hiatus in the summer of 2008 due to lower than expected sales and a lack of support from bookstores due cutbacks caused by the recession.

Seven Seas still holds the rights to these novels and any unreleased books may see release at a future time.

dragonadragon

Post by dragonadragon »

Thank you that explains it better. When I received the email from one of the websites I preorderd from, they just said they were sorry that there were too many preorders for them to fill. They didn't mention the fact that they never received the books. I had been reading other threads on this topic, but the email i received confused me.

jvpski3

Post by jvpski3 »

Well, Strawberry Panic 3 Light Novel is in Japan, But only 1 & 2 Are in USA, I ordered from Borders, but that did not work (See, I live in Iceland.) But 1 2 are out in my country
:ssseas: ~~~~Aloo~~~~ - SweetxElisaa^^ - My 18 year-0ld sister (Little!!) :ssseas:
xD - ENVY HER REALLY!!! - xD
><><><><><< MY ASCII IS LOW :(

randomguy ver. 2

Post by randomguy ver. 2 »

http://www.borders.com/online/store/Tit ... 1934876291
Is this listing on Borders wrong? I noticed it's the Japanese cover, too...

Adam_Arnold
Squad-Mod

Post by Adam_Arnold »

randomguy ver. 2 wrote:http://www.borders.com/online/store/Tit ... 1934876291
Is this listing on Borders wrong? I noticed it's the Japanese cover, too...
It's wrong. Book 3 has not been released at all.

Catboy Nya

Post by Catboy Nya »

I just ordered vol. 3 light novel of Strawberry Panic! on borders.com, I already own the first light novel but cannot find the second book anywhere. I saw that other light novels like Gun Princess were going to be released in September of this year, 2010. So I've been thinking Strawberry Panic! v. 3 would be released by then, what do you think?

Adam_Arnold
Squad-Mod

Post by Adam_Arnold »

Catboy Nya wrote:I just ordered vol. 3 light novel of Strawberry Panic! on borders.com, I already own the first light novel but cannot find the second book anywhere. I saw that other light novels like Gun Princess were going to be released in September of this year, 2010. So I've been thinking Strawberry Panic! v. 3 would be released by then, what do you think?
At this time, none of the light novels you listed are scheduled for release. Any listings you're seeing are simply old place holders that the stores still have from when we originally solicited the books a few years back. The only novels we have on our schedule are the second and third volumes of Wicked City.

As for Strawberry Panic novel 2, the book is currently out of print with no plans to reprint it.

fr49200

Post by fr49200 »

This is why I learned Japanese myself, that way I don't have to bother with bullshit companies who decide to translate the first two volumes of a manga, then leave their fans hanging by not translating the last volume. Then you guys wonder why you don't make money. Fuck this, I'm going to amazon.jp and buying the original Japanese copy. You guys got my money for the first two volumes, but now you get shit. Stay free, Seven seas.

Adam_Arnold
Squad-Mod

Post by Adam_Arnold »

I think you meant to say "novel" in your little diatribe there.

Lord Styphon

Post by Lord Styphon »

fr49200 wrote:This is why I learned Japanese myself, that way I don't have to bother with bullshit companies who decide to translate the first two volumes of a manga, then leave their fans hanging by not translating the last volume. Then you guys wonder why you don't make money. Fuck this, I'm going to amazon.jp and buying the original Japanese copy. You guys got my money for the first two volumes, but now you get shit. Stay free, Seven seas.
Okay I love you bye-bye!

catshione

Post by catshione »

that is a problem!
but it could be said in a nice way!
this company is not the first or the last to drop a title, stuff happens.

tokyo pop also dropped titles.
anyone hear of a line up called strawberry? from this company many of those got lost.
Viz seems to release everything still. Bleach, Inuyasha and Black Lagoon are good examples.

My thoughts:
The last light novel is the end of strawberry panic? if you own the manga's can you just pick up the last light novel or would a collector need to read the other two? to understand volume three? thanks.

Adam_Arnold
Squad-Mod

Post by Adam_Arnold »

catshione wrote:My thoughts:
The last light novel is the end of strawberry panic? if you own the manga's can you just pick up the last light novel or would a collector need to read the other two? to understand volume three? thanks.
If you've only read the two volumes of the Strawberry Panic manga (chapter 1-12), then you have only read material through to the end of Novel 1.

Note: The two unreleased chapters that are included in the manga's omnibus edition are chapter 13-14, which cover the opening of novel 2. The manga went on hiatus in Japan, so they never were able to collect those chapters into book form.

Ashandorath

Post by Ashandorath »

My thoughts:
the third strawberry panic novel being brought out by seven seas is an omnibus containing all three volumes. There is no seperate "volume 3" of the light novel being brought out in english.