Boogiepop: The Ultimate Guide

Archived forum topics for Seven Seas Entertainment's line of licensed manga and novel series and other original properties. To interact with Seven Seas directly, follow us on twitter.com/gomanga or like us on facebook.com/gomanga.
Harukochan

Post by Harukochan »

Well, it's hard to find websites with a ton of info for popular shows. Which is weird.

But this should help.

Harukochan

Post by Harukochan »

OK, Suema Kazuko refers to the book The Village of Eight Graves, and the translation notes says that the book was inspired by a real-life incident. What was the Tsuyama Thirty incident?

I know this sounds weird, but I got my copy on Saturday (Thank you, Grandma! :happyhappy: ), and it just got my attention.

And does anyone else find it interesting that the title of one of Kirima Seichi's books (vs. Imaginator) shares the same name with the villian of the next novel(s)? So, are these 'evolutions' physical representations of psychological problems?

Harukochan

Post by Harukochan »

Now I'm REALLY looking forward to getting the next book (and the manga, can't forget that) :happyhappy:

I still need to look up the Tsuyama Thirty incident.

doceirias

Post by doceirias »

Harukochan wrote:OK, Suema Kazuko refers to the book The Village of Eight Graves, and the translation notes says that the book was inspired by a real-life incident. What was the Tsuyama Thirty incident?
I could swear I wrote a reply to this yesterday, but it isn't here, so.
Tsuyama is a small village in Okayama. In 1938, a 21 year old schizophrenic took a katana and a hunting rifle and killed thirty people.
Basically the only connection with The Village of Eight Graves is "a lot of people killed in a small town," which forms the central back story for that novel.
As far as Kirima Seiichi -- yes, Seiichi's novels and ideas link recursively back through the novels, even into his other series -- in A Case of Dragonslayer, for instance, one character is reading a book that has fallen through a crack in space and is very obviously by Kirima Seiichi.
Andrew Cunningham,
Translator for Faust, Goth, The Case of the Dragon Slayer, Boogiepop, Missing, Gosick, the xxxHolic and Death Note novels, and Parasyte.
Writer for [url]http://easternstandard.pbwiki.com/[/url]

Harukochan

Post by Harukochan »

OK, thanks a lot. I was wondering about that. :happyhappy:

Ryokosha
Hidden Lawsuit

Post by Ryokosha »

Paitence young Padiwan the day is not yet over. (Sorry been watching Star Wars a lot recently). :sweat:
It gives one a great sense of satisfaction to do it in perfect unison. Michelle Cheung

Adam_Arnold
Squad-Mod

Post by Adam_Arnold »

It's currently being edited right now. It should be up later today.

Adam_Arnold
Squad-Mod

Post by Adam_Arnold »

Part 3 covering the Boogiepop Dual, Boogiepop in the Mirror, Boogiepop Overdrive, and Boogiepop and Dawn is up!

LINK: http://www.gomanga.com/news/boogiepop_03.php

Harukochan

Post by Harukochan »

This is awesome.

The world in the Boogiepop universe is so detailed. It's like the world of the .hack franchise.

And does anyone else think that the way Boogiepop was "born" (Touka putting on Kuroda's cape and hat) sounds like something from a Tarantino movie or a spaghetti western?