Unofficial manga license poll (yuri)

Archived forum topics for Seven Seas Entertainment's line of licensed manga and novel series and other original properties. To interact with Seven Seas directly, follow us on twitter.com/gomanga or like us on facebook.com/gomanga.

What yuri manga would you like to see licensed?

Sasameki Koto
39%
Hana to Hoshi
6%
Riko to Haru to Onsen to Iruka
6%
Anything else by Morinaga Milk (Himitsu no Recipe or Gakuen Police, etc)
33%
JManga license acquisitions (Sweet Blue Flowers, Chatting in the Amber Teahouse, etc.)
6%
Other (please name)
6%
Yuri sucks!
6%

Total votes: 18

Weertangel

Re: Unofficial manga license poll (yuri)

Post by Weertangel »

^^^^^lol! just the idea of stalking the one u love after death is funny enough on its own :)

Waterxlilly

Post by Waterxlilly »

'Excitement of Monoke Girls Academy' is absolutely hilarious and just makes my day with all it's comedy, but it also has some mature sex scenes too so...

I quite liked 'Cirque Arachne' too, it's definitely more focused on the pairing then the whole circus setting it's in though, but if you only really care for the pairing aspect it's fine. I thought it was quite cute but I wished it was longer.

I really love manga by Otsu Hiyori! I feel that with the success of Girl friends and KSCP that her works 'Clover' and 'Aqua blue cinema' would do quite well since I feel they fit a similar audience.

I'm sorry if I'm being a bother sharing this wish this since I was told in the official manga request thread that these mangas are part of a more niche market but if by any chance I can find some more fans of this manga here, it'd be kewl to see if these mangas could potentially be published after all ^_^;

And I totally vote for Sasameki Koto as well!

I hear that Seven Seas were taking Yuri manga requests on facebook or twitter? I can't make a facebook anymore (due to a person stalking me on there o.o; ) but I might make a twitter if we can request things :3 Long live yuri!

Nermie

Post by Nermie »

First time I've heard of a yuri manga request on Facebook. I'll hafta take a look at that.

Sorainthesky

Post by Sorainthesky »

How about Collectors by Nishi Uko, it's a slice of life manga about two adult women in love and their daily life together. How about Fu-Fu (Also called Wife and Wife) by Minamoto Hisanari about a lesbian couple living together. It's only two volumes so why not make it an ominibus. It would be a great change of pace from Class S love stories and really show the depth of the genre.

Sorainthesky

Post by Sorainthesky »

Oh, I found another one volume Yuri anthology called Yume Yori Sutekina, it deals with everything from High school girls in love to an working woman trying build a relationship. It's by Shimano Yae.

Turtwigturtles

Post by Turtwigturtles »

Found another cute manga. Although it isn't labeled as either yuri or shojo-ai, it's got some hints there and there.
http://www.mangaupdates.com/series.html?id=35839

I love Fujieda Miyabi's mangas. There great and love how the story plays out. It's quite cute as well in my opinion.
http://www.mangaupdates.com/series.html?id=5773

Found the facebook page, unsure if their still taking requests.
https://www.facebook.com/gomanga/posts/ ... 2598379451

Nermie

Post by Nermie »

Let's bump this. It's great to see another yuri manga lined by by Seven Seas (Gakuen Police is very amusing, should be popular), but we're still having trouble breaking into other authors. I mean, Morinaga Milk is iconic and a great mangaka, but there's so many other great yuri/shoujo-ai artists out there. I'm still pushing for Sasameki Koto myself.

Adam_Arnold
Squad-Mod

Post by Adam_Arnold »

Nermie wrote: I'm still pushing for Sasameki Koto myself.
One Peace Books has that series.

Nermie

Post by Nermie »

Adam Arnold wrote:
Nermie wrote: I'm still pushing for Sasameki Koto myself.
One Peace Books has that series.
Eh? Oh... oh my. I didn't notice this. WELL. I know what I'll be getting in... May? Hopefully they don't butcher it. REGARDLESS. More yuri manga. :D

einhorn303

Post by einhorn303 »

It's a fitting thing that both the top choices in the poll have ended up licensed so far (Sasameki Koto by One Peace, and "Anything by Morinaga Milk" in the form of Gakuen Polizi).

Another series I'd like is "Non Non Biyori." I remember Seven Seas downplaying its chances on the Tumblr, since it's a slice-of-life story, but it also has a very cute yuri couple. After finishing the anime, I really want to see more of Hotaru and Koma-chan.
Avatar: Rico from Gunslinger Girl. Art by Yu Aida (相田 裕).