The Musician Manga

Are you looking for tips on how to get started as a comic/manga artist? Maybe you're looking for feedback on works you've already created. Then this is the forum for you! (Note: Ported from Gomanga.com)

Moderator: Harukochan

Sage13

The Musician Manga

Post by Sage13 »

It's been a while since I've posted. Glad to see the boards are still active.

I just wanted to show the first Prison School manga short story that we completed earlier this year. You can find the full thing on the front page here http://kulimar.com/:

Look forward to hearing your thoughts on it.

Cheers,

-Sage

yesterdayshero

Re: The Musician Manga

Post by yesterdayshero »

Looks pretty sick, I just looked over the pages I'll give a read later.
ImageImage

Dai

Post by Dai »

That was a great story. It's not my type of genre, but it communicated well with me. I'd happily show it to my other friends. Good job.

Jojoluvs

Post by Jojoluvs »

Wow! Your art is absolutely beautiful!

Sage13

Post by Sage13 »

Thanks guys :)

StrateryB

Post by StrateryB »

Just read it now and I have to say that I enjoyed it a lot. Something I very easily connected to! Can't wait to see what else you do in the future :>

yesterdayshero

Post by yesterdayshero »

Ok, I read it, pretty cool. Hope to see more
ImageImage

Eloisa65

Post by Eloisa65 »

Manga that depict the lives of young musicians have recently been capturing the imagination of comic fans, and some are being made into anime and live-action movies. Their success has not only led to a boom in sales of related merchandise, but has also spurred increasing numbers of young people to take up music and join bands with their friends.
Here is a similar success story is the 34-volume megahit manga series Beck, which has sold a total of 15 million copies. It tells the story of a group of Japanese high school boys who form a rock band named Beck, focusing on the trials and tribulations they experience as they try to make the big time as professional musicians. Plastic models of the musical instruments in the story began selling in November 2006, with total unit sales reaching over 1 million. The popularity of the intricate models has been driven not only by fans of the manga series but also by musical instrument enthusiasts. In October 2009, figurines of the characters from the manga were released and have also sold well. A live-action film adaptation, starring popular actors Mizushima Hiro and Sato Takeru, is set to be released in the fall of 2010.
Growing numbers of high school students are joining their schools' pop music clubs and getting together to form bands, a trend that likely owes something to the influence of these manga.