Publisher List & Discussion

Are you looking for tips on how to get started as a comic/manga artist? Maybe you're looking for feedback on works you've already created. Then this is the forum for you! (Note: Ported from Gomanga.com)

Moderator: Harukochan

redprincess

Re: Publisher List & Discussion

Post by redprincess »

Sound similar to webcomics...free but you can buy physical copies by chapter/book.

StrateryB

Post by StrateryB »

sarydactl wrote:On that note, how do you guys feel about self-publishing? (This won't really go on the list, but I'm curious, lol.) Amazon will publish things digitally and give out quite a bit more royalties than pro companies (by quite a bit more, I mean triple or quadruple)...there's a novelist who's become a millionaire that way . _. . I've contemplated using it more than once, though I don't have anything polished enough to sell yet...

PS] Not talking about vanity presses. That's just silly.
Are you talking about the Minnesotan novelist, or am I just seeing similar stories there?

I approve of self-publishing, I personally think it's for the best (but I'm not one to care about going pro or whatever). Things like webcomics and whatnot give a hell of a lot more freedom. Use it in a good or bad way, depends. There are tons of comics that do wonderfully on the web (WAITT! and Lackadaisy are good examples) but self-publishing is pretty costly, or at least from what I hear.

sugary+crisis

Post by sugary+crisis »

Thank you very much for the list!! I thought Del Rey did accept work. . . you saved me there :O Whew. Yenpress it is =w=
Also, that self-publishing idea sounds great, you should go for it! ^^