Still alive...

Are you looking for tips on how to get started as a comic/manga artist? Maybe you're looking for feedback on works you've already created. Then this is the forum for you! (Note: Ported from Gomanga.com)

Moderator: Harukochan

yesterdayshero

Re: Still alive...

Post by yesterdayshero »

B! I love that first drawing a fuckton...it's such a trip... I wanna do some fanart of it...@.@
ImageImage

Dai

Post by Dai »

StrateryB wrote:Image

She wrote taking twice.

StrateryB

Post by StrateryB »

yesterdayshero wrote:B! I love that first drawing a fuckton...it's such a trip... I wanna do some fanart of it...@.@
XD
Fan art based off a fan art? That's interesting.
Dai wrote:
StrateryB wrote:Image

She wrote taking twice.
I know-it looks that way because between it, it said "taking...taking good care of me" but when I uploaded it, the "..." became unnoticeable for some strange reason. I thought about editing it back in, but I don't really have much time for it (considering my laptop loads pretty slowly) so I left it.

Io Saotome

Post by Io Saotome »

Triple post? Did you have some submitting problems StrateryB? D: (or it's possible that things are loading strangely for me)

StrateryB

Post by StrateryB »

Io Saotome wrote:Triple post? Did you have some submitting problems StrateryB? D: (or it's possible that things are loading strangely for me)
Oh wow, that's strange.

And I can't delete them for some reason...

Lord Styphon

Post by Lord Styphon »

StrateryB wrote:And I can't delete them for some reason...
"Some reason" being Io Saotome being inconsiderate enough to make a post telling you about the triple post, and in so doing being the last poster, which removes your ability to delete the post.

Forcing me to do it.

StrateryB

Post by StrateryB »

Lord Styphon wrote:"Some reason" being Io Saotome being inconsiderate enough to make a post telling you about the triple post, and in so doing being the last poster, which removes your ability to delete the post.

Forcing me to do it.
Oh, so that's how it works. Thanks.

First attempt at trying to clean up an image, I kind of killed some of the lines.

Chibis of the characters from the project I'm doing with Gardenia and Meliona. I'm not going to do the rest of the cast because I really don't have time for them, so it's only the male lead and females. Their ears are bugging me so badly, but it's too late to fix them, and there are a ton of errors, but meh....

Io Saotome

Post by Io Saotome »

Lord Styphon wrote:
StrateryB wrote:And I can't delete them for some reason...
"Some reason" being Io Saotome being inconsiderate enough to make a post telling you about the triple post, and in so doing being the last poster, which removes your ability to delete the post.

Forcing me to do it.
Oops, sorry about that. Not used to that problem. OTL And, please, call me Io, it's just easier. (And doesn't sound like you're saying my full name all the time, which is just creepy).

@StrateryB: Cute chibis. The one with the pink-yellow hair reminds me of Sheryl from MacrossF, her hair was done in a similar fashion. Chibis are one of the things that still eludes me art-wise.

yesterdayshero

Post by yesterdayshero »

not so much fanart of fanart but I love the concept of that drawing and if ya don't mind i wanna play around with that concept...btw that hat is awesome...
ImageImage

StrateryB

Post by StrateryB »

Io Saotome wrote:@StrateryB: Cute chibis. The one with the pink-yellow hair reminds me of Sheryl from MacrossF, her hair was done in a similar fashion. Chibis are one of the things that still eludes me art-wise.
Thank you. I think Chibis are pretty hard...just because you want them to look cute you know?
yesterdayshero wrote:not so much fanart of fanart but I love the concept of that drawing and if ya don't mind i wanna play around with that concept...btw that hat is awesome...
Haha, do what you want. It would be interesting to see where you go with it.

DawnBandit

Post by DawnBandit »

The axe on the top left chibi seems... off somehow. Too long in the blade and not long enough in the haft, maybe.

lugger91
Location: I'm in your fridge, mixing your fruit with your meat and cheese.

Post by lugger91 »

DawnBandit wrote:The axe on the top left chibi seems... off somehow. Too long in the blade and not long enough in the haft, maybe.

Hit it one the spot... Just make the shaft a little longer and you'll be fine... "if you know what I mean".
[img]http://i209.photobucket.com/albums/bb67/lugger91/gungrave.png[/img]

StrateryB

Post by StrateryB »

lugger91 wrote:
DawnBandit wrote:The axe on the top left chibi seems... off somehow. Too long in the blade and not long enough in the haft, maybe.

Hit it one the spot... Just make the shaft a little longer and you'll be fine... "if you know what I mean".
Oh, I see it. Thanks for pointing that out.

I'll remember that Lugger.

This was taken at an angle, so it may seem a bit off (you can see my orange folder there...).

Based on a true story.

When Meliona created one of the characters from our collaboration project, Sulin, for some strange reason I called him "Sunil". I continued to do so for two weeks until Gardenia finally told me his name was "Sulin". Of course, we didn't have the same reaction as Alastor (main male) and Agnese (female) but I thought it would be more humorous to replace ourselves with them. Alastor is obviously me and Agnese is Gardenia.

Also taken at an angle. Pffftt, I'm sorry I use a camera for everything...

I realized we haven't elaborated on the romantic relationship between these two, Elisabet and Normin, so I decided to just sketch something up real quick. Elisabet is a yandere-when the story was meant to be more serious I thought it might be interesting, but when we decided to take a more comedic turn, her yandere personality seemed to still work in a comedic sense so I kept it. So you get the point of what's going on (although it is rather hard to tell what's happening huh?).

Normin was the male with the long red hair from the group picture, Meliona re-designed him because she became very uncomfortable with the number of "He looks like a girl" comments (although he was meant to be the pretty type...).

I have a tendency to go over my lines in red, so sorry if things are hard to see.

And-although I didn't draw this-Gardenia asked me to put it up

She did this picture on the male lead Alastor and Sulin, Alastor was designed by me and Sulin was designed by Meliona.
I find it kind of interesting how differently we all draw Alastor, but out of the three of us, Gardenia draws him exactly how I want him to be.

Dai

Post by Dai »

Try to keep all of the text within the same size if you're planning to write all of it by hand.
Also, it'll be nice if you can keep the text evenly spaced within the speech bubbles.

Alastor's left fist looks flat.

yesterdayshero

Post by yesterdayshero »

wizards?
ImageImage