What series are you most looking forward to in 2010?

Whether your tastes lean towards playing Halo or watching DVDs all day, this is the place to chat about anime, video games, TV shows, movies, toys, and more.

Moderators: Don Alexander, midgetshrimp

Zerodaimu

Post by Zerodaimu »

Fuck you, SHAFT. Fuck you.

DawnBandit

Post by DawnBandit »

Zerodaimu wrote:f**k you, SHAFT. f**k you.
Second episode of Bund establishes the complete and utter ruin they've inflicted upon it.

Well, at least I have Hanamaru, BakaTest, and HidaSketch. Slutcat and Valkyria K-ONicles are decent too. Ookami Kakushi looks like Higurashi with wolf gods and scythes (and Rika in a wheelchair). DRRR!! was boring as snot for that first episode (at least, 90% of it). Not interested in Chuu-Bra!, Ladies Vs. Butts was brain cancer, and I haven't watched Qwaser yet.

Peregrin

Post by Peregrin »

Baka Test and DURARARARARARARARARARARARARARARARARARARARARARARARARARARARARARARARARARARARARARARARARARARARARARARARARARARARARARARARARARARARARARARARARARARARARARARARARARARARARARARARARARARARARARARARARARARA were good. I didn't think DURARARARARARARARARARARARARARARARARARARARARARARARARARARARARARARARARARARARARARARARARARARARARARARARARARARARARARARARARARARARARARARARARARARARARARARARARARARARARARARARARARARARARARARARARARARA was boring, either. You're such a kid, Dawn. I can see why you'd think that, but the characters and the setting were interesting enough to hold my attention. I think I just appreciate the fact that it's not set in a school or mansion or something like everything else I've been watching seems to be.

einhorn303

Post by einhorn303 »

Right now I'm only watching Sora no Woto (http://www.crunchyroll.com/library/Soranowoto), which is definitely my favorite show of the season. I'm also looking forward to Strike Witches season 2 which I think will air this year.

In terms of DVD/blu-ray:
- Gundam Unicorn OVAs on blu-ray
- Strike Witches R1 DVD
- Marimite S4 R1 DVD
- FLCL blu-ray

Hmm...I guess the later seasons of Hidamari Sketch on R1 DVD which Section 23 should be getting around to eventually.

DawnBandit

Post by DawnBandit »

Peregrin wrote:Baka Test and DURARARARARARARARARARARARARARARARARARARARARARARARARARARA were good. I didn't think DURARARARARARARARARARARARARARARARARARARARARARARARARARARA was boring, either. You're such a kid, Dawn. I can see why you'd think that, but the characters and the setting were interesting enough to hold my attention. I think I just appreciate the fact that it's not set in a school or mansion or something like everything else I've been watching seems to be.
Good job stretching the tables.

I thought it was boring because it was twenty minutes of people gossiping in a boring manner punctuated with cheap chat room sequences, and about three minutes of anything ACTUALLY happening.

And the main character was about as interesting a drying paint. "OH WOW I'M IN IKEBUKURO" got old after twenty minutes.

All_Hail_Otakudom

Post by All_Hail_Otakudom »

Decided to watch Fate/Stay Night. However, the dub has some crappy volume control. I have both my laptop vol. maxed out & the media player vol. maxed out & I can barely hear what they're saying.
[b]USO DA!![/b]
[img]http://img12.imageshack.us/img12/6273/jopjwitchhunter.jpg[/img]
[img]http://img156.imageshack.us/img156/2971/sigwitchhunter.jpg[/img]

Peregrin

Post by Peregrin »

All_Hail_Otakudom wrote:Decided to watch Fate/Stay Night. However, the dub has some crappy volume control. I have both my laptop vol. maxed out & the media player vol. maxed out & I can barely hear what they're saying.
*gasp* YOU CAN'T DUB FATE/STAY NIGHT!!! WHAT ABOUT ARCHER'S BEAUTIFUL ENGRISH?!

Seriously, though, I did not enjoy UBW in the dub. I didn't really enjoy it in anything but the visual novel, though, so I guess I'm just picky.

DawnBandit

Post by DawnBandit »

Peregrin wrote:Seriously, though, I did not enjoy UBW in the dub. I didn't really enjoy it in anything but the visual novel, though, so I guess I'm just picky.
Speaking of UBW, how 'bout that movie?

Peregrin

Post by Peregrin »

DawnBandit wrote:
Peregrin wrote:Seriously, though, I did not enjoy UBW in the dub. I didn't really enjoy it in anything but the visual novel, though, so I guess I'm just picky.
Kara no Kyoukai worked well. It was certainly the best Type-Moon animation. Hopefully, UBW will follow the production qualities of that series and not those of the Fate anime.

You're welcome about the tables, by the way. And I agree that the main character was lame and the chat-room sucked. The rest was good enough to make up for it for me, though. Especially the Black Russian dude.

DawnBandit

Post by DawnBandit »

Peregrin wrote:
DawnBandit wrote:
Kara no Kyoukai worked well. It was certainly the best Type-Moon animation. Hopefully, UBW will follow the production qualities of that series and not those of the Fate anime.
I... really need to watch the KnK movies.

*prepares flame shield*

All_Hail_Otakudom

Post by All_Hail_Otakudom »

DawnBandit wrote:
Peregrin wrote:
DawnBandit wrote:Speaking of UBW, how 'bout that movie?
I... really need to watch the KnK movies.

*prepares flame shield*
Don't worry Dawn, Your not the only one.
[b]USO DA!![/b]
[img]http://img12.imageshack.us/img12/6273/jopjwitchhunter.jpg[/img]
[img]http://img156.imageshack.us/img156/2971/sigwitchhunter.jpg[/img]

DawnBandit

Post by DawnBandit »

BakaTest is great. HoYay, Kaori Mizuhashi, playing traps for laughs, Voyeur-kun, Infinite Division of Ramen, that table that got stuck to his hand...

Peregrin

Post by Peregrin »

DawnBandit wrote:BakaTest is great. HoYay, Kaori Mizuhashi, playing traps for laughs, Voyeur-kun, Infinite Division of Ramen, that table that got stuck to his hand...
You forgot Yuuji, perhaps the best character of the season.

DawnBandit

Post by DawnBandit »

Peregrin wrote:
DawnBandit wrote:BakaTest is great. HoYay, Kaori Mizuhashi, playing traps for laughs, Voyeur-kun, Infinite Division of Ramen, that table that got stuck to his hand...
You forgot Yuuji, perhaps the best character of the season.
More anime relationships need to involve tasers and handcuffs.

BUT IT'S SEVEN HOURS LONG.

Twice.

Do unconscious students get a discount? And what's the price/message for "DrunKard"s?

I loved their expressions when Yoshii got trap'd.

Ryokosha
Hidden Lawsuit

Re: What series are you most looking forward to in 2010?

Post by Ryokosha »

Actually looking forward to Soul Eater if the manga is any indication it should be interesting.
It gives one a great sense of satisfaction to do it in perfect unison. Michelle Cheung