Anyone get a PSP Go?

Whether your tastes lean towards playing Halo or watching DVDs all day, this is the place to chat about anime, video games, TV shows, movies, toys, and more.

Moderators: Don Alexander, midgetshrimp

Adam_Arnold
Squad-Mod

Anyone get a PSP Go?

Post by Adam_Arnold »

I sure didn't need a new PSP, but damn if the new PSP Go not a nice little system. Anyone else pick up one at launch?

Peregrin

Post by Peregrin »

If only I had $250... But wait, that's how much a Wii costs! Ridiculous!

Man, this makes getting a PSP that much more tempting, though... I've been avoiding it due to the lack of games, but Dissidia has been calling out to me. Along with a couple of others. I'm assuming it does plenty beyond just playing games, yes?

kratos auron

Post by kratos auron »

I'm going to be honest, I really don't like the idea of not being able to hold a hardware copy of the game in my hands.

You're going to be limited by the hard drive space you have on your system.
Are the downloads going to be reliable, and what is going to happen if your connection is lost during a download? ect.

I hope that no other console or handheld also tries to do the no hardware copy thing. It really irks me. I may still end up getting one, but it won't feel right not actually having the game.
[img]http://i18.photobucket.com/albums/b115/kratos_auron/messy.png[/img]

Adam_Arnold
Squad-Mod

Post by Adam_Arnold »

kratos auron wrote:I'm going to be honest, I really don't like the idea of not being able to hold a hardware copy of the game in my hands.
I don't mind it. I'm used to it from buying stuff off Steam, Xbox Live, WiiWare, DsiWare, and the PS3's PSN shop. Buying exclusive download-only content isn't a problem.

Now, if I have the game already on UMD, then I won't rebuy it as a download. That's the real negative with the PSP Go. So better keep your PSP-1000, 2000, or 3000. But the system itself is solid.

You're going to be limited by the hard drive space you have on your system.
Are the downloads going to be reliable, and what is going to happen if your connection is lost during a download? ect.

You either download wirelessly or use the Media Go software to download it to your computer and then put it on the system. Either way, it works exactly the same as any firmware download or game demo does from the PSN store. If you cancel the download, you just have to start over. A 500mb game downloaded via wireless on the system is going to take around 30 minutes on either the original PSP or the PSP GO in either case.

The system has 16gb worth of space built in and then you can also add memory stick space, though.

I hope that no other console or handheld also tries to do the no hardware copy thing. It really irks me. I may still end up getting one, but it won't feel right not actually having the game.
Already happening with niche market titles to become download only.

Peregrin wrote:If only I had $250... But wait, that's how much a Wii costs! Ridiculous!

Man, this makes getting a PSP that much more tempting, though... I've been avoiding it due to the lack of games, but Dissidia has been calling out to me. Along with a couple of others. I'm assuming it does plenty beyond just playing games, yes?
I'd pick up a PSP-3000 if you're looking to get Dissidia. You can get that game and one of the PSP-3000 bundles for less than the price of the new PSP Go.

Oh, the Wii went down to $200 last week.

DawnBandit

Post by DawnBandit »

I'm waiting and seeing if any old, niche titles like Yggdra Union go up for download first.

Kaito The Ramen Bandit

Post by Kaito The Ramen Bandit »

its them trying to resell the PSP for the..... 4th time?

im good with the PSPSlim
[url=http://kaitou-d.mybrute.com/cellule]Join me in the MyBrute War[/url]