Tales of Vs?

Whether your tastes lean towards playing Halo or watching DVDs all day, this is the place to chat about anime, video games, TV shows, movies, toys, and more.

Moderators: Don Alexander, midgetshrimp

StrateryB

Tales of Vs?

Post by StrateryB »

Just wondering if anyone else is excited for this game.

Here's the opening

Tales of Vs. takes different characters from each Tales game and piles them into one game, in the style of Smash Bros.
Tales of VS. takes place in a world called Dailantia, the main source of energy is mana which is produced by the World Tree. The people of Dailantia continue to live a mana-rich world using mana for the advancement of their civilization. Eventually the people exhaust the World Tree to a stage where the tree is only able to bear fruit once every 3 years, called the Great Seed (大いなる実り, ooinaru minori).

Kingdoms began to fight over the Great Seed, causing war to become rampant throughout Dailantia. These kingdoms decided to come up with a diplomatic solution to end the war called the World Tree Agreement, this involved a tournament being held to decide the rightful owner of each Great Harvest without waging war. This tournament known as the Yggdrasill Battle, participants include independent individual who fight to gain control of the Great Seed for himself or herself, royalties who fight to prove themselves as warriors and Cigruses who are the strongest warriors of each kingdom. The winner of the Yggdrasill Battle gain the rightful control of the Great Harvest.
Since there's various Tales characters in it, it makes me kind of happy. Although I would have preferred Guy to be in there instead of Asch. Not sure if there's going to be a U.S release, but it's already out in Japan. If it does come to the U.S though, I know I'll be playing Jade, Rita, Yuri, Chester, and Judith.

Although the graphics aren't that impressive, it looks like it plays in the style of Super Smash Bros., so that might be fun.

guillx

Post by guillx »

I like the op.
Too bad I don't have a PSP...

DawnBandit

Post by DawnBandit »

I can only be excited for one Tales game at a time, and since the PS3 Vesperia has BLAH BLAH BLAH INDIGNATION, my energies are committed.

guillx

Post by guillx »

Damn ps3 version
IM PISSEDD !!!

StrateryB

Post by StrateryB »

DawnBandit wrote:I can only be excited for one Tales game at a time, and since the PS3 Vesperia has BLAH BLAH BLAH INDIGNATION, my energies are committed.
True, but unfortunately, I don't own a ps3....so I have to make do with Vs. or Graces, but Graces doesn't look very good to me(character wise, their designs are terrible). Although the new fighting system has me hyped.

I also like the new mystic arte animations, especially Judith's and her chest-shaking (which I laughed at pretty damned hard, of course that's what they animate). Patty seems boring to me, I never really liked little kid characters (even if she's supposed to be mature), the cast is good enough as it is, unless they really needed a loli-character that badly.

Martyr

Post by Martyr »

I'm pretty excited about Tales of Vs.. It seems like it's likely it will be sent to the U.S.. I'm all for Jade and Stan! Plus Yuri (at this point I'm not entirely sure if they would even allow his infinite combo but he's an awesome character anyways).
As for Graces, the battle system is impressive. In my opinion, though, the protagonist looks like Suzaku from Code Geass and the heroine looks like C.C. with purple hair. Still, it shouldn't be too distracting anyways. It's also pretty cool how you travel around the map in Graces.
"If life gives you a bad hand-cheat"
-GTO

DawnBandit

Post by DawnBandit »

StrateryB wrote:I also like the new mystic arte animations, especially Judith's and her chest-shaking (which I laughed at pretty damned hard, of course that's what they animate). Patty seems boring to me, I never really liked little kid characters (even if she's supposed to be mature), the cast is good enough as it is, unless they really needed a loli-character that badly.
Yeah, the animation on Repede's ???? is pretty cool, even though I practically never used him. My problem with Mystic Artes is that the Overlimits were better spent on four consecutive Level 1s for Rita's Tidal Wave or Meteor Shower, unless Yuri worked up a Level 3 through combos.

Patty could be cool, but we'll have to wait and see. Personally, Karol was rather annoying in-combat and out.

Besides, I always thought Rita filled out the delicious flatchest portion of the cast.

StrateryB

Post by StrateryB »

DawnBandit wrote:
StrateryB wrote:I also like the new mystic arte animations, especially Judith's and her chest-shaking (which I laughed at pretty damned hard, of course that's what they animate). Patty seems boring to me, I never really liked little kid characters (even if she's supposed to be mature), the cast is good enough as it is, unless they really needed a loli-character that badly.
Yeah, the animation on Repede's ???? is pretty cool, even though I practically never used him. My problem with Mystic Artes is that the Overlimits were better spent on four consecutive Level 1s for Rita's Tidal Wave or Meteor Shower, unless Yuri worked up a Level 3 through combos.

Patty could be cool, but we'll have to wait and see. Personally, Karol was rather annoying in-combat and out.

Besides, I always thought Rita filled out the delicious flatchest portion of the cast.
True, I only ever used Overlimits for Rita-spam, or to get the alternate artes.

I thought Karol was enough of an annoying child character, why put Patty in? I'm more excited for Flynn though (even if he looks like a replica of Guy), but I doubt he would be as good as Judith or Yuri. Hopefully he gets his own moveset instead of having replicas of other character's moves (like how Patty has Raven's moves).

DawnBandit

Post by DawnBandit »

StrateryB wrote:I thought Karol was enough of an annoying child character, why put Patty in? I'm more excited for Flynn though (even if he looks like a replica of Guy), but I doubt he would be as good as Judith or Yuri. Hopefully he gets his own moveset instead of having replicas of other character's moves (like how Patty has Raven's moves).
Flynn, if I recall from the few times you fight him/use him in the 360 version, has Luke's movesets, going along with the whole Yuri/Asch Flynn/Luke thing they're doing with the costumes, and reflecting their ideologies. They may just build upon his "stolen" moveset.

EDIT: I can't remember if it's Luke's or Lloyd's moves he steals. Internet seems to suggest Lloyd's, but Lloyd uses the standard Tales set, handed down from Cless to Lloyd to Chloe to Guy to Flynn.

StrateryB

Post by StrateryB »

DawnBandit wrote:Flynn, if I recall from the few times you fight him/use him in the 360 version, has Luke's movesets, going along with the whole Yuri/Asch Flynn/Luke thing they're doing with the costumes, and reflecting their ideologies. They may just build upon his "stolen" moveset.

EDIT: I can't remember if it's Luke's or Lloyd's moves he steals. Internet seems to suggest Lloyd's, but Lloyd uses the standard Tales set, handed down from Cless to Lloyd to Chloe to Guy to Flynn.
Meh, how boring. I rather liked how the Vesperia characters had unique moves compared to the other Tales characters (love Rita's "Meow".)

It's kind of funny because now he seems even more like Guy...

DawnBandit

Post by DawnBandit »

StrateryB wrote:
DawnBandit wrote:Flynn, if I recall from the few times you fight him/use him in the 360 version, has Luke's movesets, going along with the whole Yuri/Asch Flynn/Luke thing they're doing with the costumes, and reflecting their ideologies. They may just build upon his "stolen" moveset.

Meh, how boring. I rather liked how the Vesperia characters had unique moves compared to the other Tales characters (love Rita's "Meow".)
I really liked Estelle's melee for some reason. I could UN-DEUX-TROIS-MARCH WALTZ~ all day with her.

Zerodaimu

Post by Zerodaimu »

Flynn in the fights you had with him seemed to have something closer to Lloyd's but then throw in First Aide.

StrateryB

Post by StrateryB »

Yeah, that's one of the only reasons I ever played Estelle. I really liked Judith's air combos, she was pretty unique.

Seems most likely that Flynn will have the basic set huh...well, he still looks a whole lot more fun to play than Patty.

Yuri's swim wear murdered my eyes, oh gawd...why is it that whenever a Talea lead gets swim wear, it's utterly weird? I do like Rita's and Judith's though, not really liking Estelle's. Would prefer her princess wear over her one-piece.