Are There any Final Fantasy fans out there?

Whether your tastes lean towards playing Halo or watching DVDs all day, this is the place to chat about anime, video games, TV shows, movies, toys, and more.

Moderators: Don Alexander, midgetshrimp

Peregrin

Post by Peregrin »

Euphenia wrote:I love Final Fantasy XII for the battling system. How the whole party runs with you, and not just one person. There also isn't random encounters like in the other ones. Those piss me off when I don't want them.

This may sound strange, but it is like the FF game knows when you don't want random encounters, then give them to you like crazy. Am I the only one that thinks that?
Hardly. See: "Murphy's Law."

Euphenia

Post by Euphenia »

Peregrin wrote:Hardly. See: "Murphy's Law."
Hmph, figures.....

Reven

Post by Reven »

If there was one issue I had with FFX is not the fact that you can move to all the areas of the sphere grid, it's that there really aren't that many moves for some of the characters on the sphere grid. Everyone starts becoming pretty much the same fairly early in the game.

Euphenia

Post by Euphenia »

The only thing I didn't like about FFX, was that it made me cry profusely at the end. Also, all the endings of X-2 made me cry as well.

Pretty much all the Square Enix games I've played, have found a way to make me cry.

Keyblade Master Sora

Post by Keyblade Master Sora »

Sad yes, but I don't think I was at the point of having to cry. This one guy I know laughed at Yuna when she passed through Tidus and fell on the floor. Also FFX had the worst final boss. Jecht was really the final challenge. There is no pressure on you after that.

Yuna and Auron are my strongest mostly because they have their celestials. Tidus is closest to third. Also the main reason, I believe, Kimahri is the least used character of most people is because he has no specific enemy to fight or at least something awesome on him.

I mean Tidus can combat any fast enemy, Yuna's white mage skills and summons make her a force to be reckoned with, Auron takes down any armored enemy with ease, Wakka takes on flying, Lulu fights elementals, and Rikku dismantled machina and has an interesting overdrive. Kimarhri just copies enemy's attack and can only be used once per overdrive. Gaining overdrive is not a fun thing to do unless your near the end of the game or you grind like hell.

On a side note, Dissidia: Final Fantasy anyone?

Euphenia

Post by Euphenia »

Keyblade Master Sora wrote:Sad yes, but I don't think I was at the point of having to cry.
I'm a very emotional person

Harukochan

Post by Harukochan »

I find the use of Blitz attacks in FFVI rather annoying. Come to think of it, I need to revisit the SNES version of VI now that I know what to do. Like how I need to go back to IV.

I'm not sure why I like the earlier Final Fantasy games. Maybe it's because I actually have the system to play them on (GBA, DS, and emulator). Either way, they're fun and frustrating at the same time. Which, depending on the situation, can be good or bad.

Euphenia

Post by Euphenia »

Final Fantasy X Music Video

I love this song and the video, and the song isn't actually Listen to Your Heart, for some reason that is the name of it, though.

Zerodaimu

Post by Zerodaimu »

So I binged through all of FFTA-2 a while back.

I feel like less of a person as a result, because I also got every secret/extra main character

Peregrin

Post by Peregrin »

Zerodaimu wrote:So I binged through all of FFTA-2 a while back.

I feel like less of a person as a result, because I also got every secret/extra main character
Wow, you could actually stomach the story? Impressive.

Zerodaimu

Post by Zerodaimu »

The sub-plots make the overall story much more bearable, because the subplots actually have some decent stuff in them.

Plus Luso, aside form being a fucking moron, is kinda cute.

Peregrin

Post by Peregrin »

Zerodaimu wrote: Plus Luso, aside form being a f**king moron, is kinda cute.
Ew. Adelle is much better.

Tsuntsuntsuntsuntsun~(dere)

Zerodaimu

Post by Zerodaimu »

Adelle was amusing, but Luso was adorable, all things considered.

And then some of Luso and Adelle's moments when you're getting her special class weapons are lulz.

StrateryB

Post by StrateryB »

Ahh, I wanna play FFII now.

Wish I had that remake.