Are There any Final Fantasy fans out there?

Whether your tastes lean towards playing Halo or watching DVDs all day, this is the place to chat about anime, video games, TV shows, movies, toys, and more.

Moderators: Don Alexander, midgetshrimp

Euphenia

Are There any Final Fantasy fans out there?

Post by Euphenia »

I love Final Fantasy games by Square Enix/Soft. My favorite is Final Fantasy 7. If your a fan, tell me which one is your favorite?

kratos auron

Post by kratos auron »

Seriously, wtf?
FF VII is not that great. It was mediocre at best. And since it has been milked to hell, and had some spin off games. I actually liked Dirge of Cerberus, but Crisis Core was Kingdom Hearts with Zack... Cisnei was the only good part of that game.
(End FF VII hatred mode.)

Yes I am a Final Fantasy fan.
I can not stand to play FF's 1-3, they are so bland and boring, little to no characterization, ect. FF IV for some reason I just can't get into. FF V is the best of the early games. VI I can't get into either for some reason, despite many fans calling it the best.

I, as you can already tell, Do like FF VII, but hate how hyped it is. To be honest, it is my least favorite out of the FF's I have finished.

VIII, and X are tied at the top as my favorites. (Still don't see why so many people hate FF VIII)

I plan on trying XI sometime soon, probably going to drop after the free 30 days, or only play for a month or two more. XII I actually enjoyed.(Seemingly one of the very few who did.)

I am excited for XIII, but XIII Vs. just looks like another FF x KH mash together... (Hello Crisis Core) And once again, for some reason, I seem to be in the lesser group. More people seem to be exited for Vs. My theory is because of the way it looks so much like KH style. (yes, I hate KH as well.) *sigh* Enough of my ranting...
[img]http://i18.photobucket.com/albums/b115/kratos_auron/messy.png[/img]

Euphenia

Post by Euphenia »

I like FF 7 mostly because it is a long game, and wouldn't be something I finish within a few days, like Dirge of Ceberus, I finished that in a day. FF 10 has to also be one of the best.

12 is also one of the ones I own. That one was alright, and definately playable. The 4th one was like 12 and 7 mixed, well to me it seemed like it was. I just ordered 8 so I should be able to start playing that one and see if it is good.

We all have our own opinions.

DawnBandit

Post by DawnBandit »

Personally, I'm a fan of FF8. The whole Squall/Rinoa thing was handled more clearly than Cloud/??? or Tidus/Yuna (excluding Zidane/Dagger), and the junction system was interesting.

Harukochan

Post by Harukochan »

My first FF was Tactics Advance, and I had fun finding out which games the various weapons and monsters came from when I got to the other games in the series.

The GBA Dawn of Souls port of I&II is the only game I need to use the strategy guide on.

I do like IV, V, and VI, though I have yet to finish them.

And I got bored playing FFVII, so I gave up on it. Then again, it was my roommate's game.

Euphenia

Post by Euphenia »

I have FF Tactics Advance as well, though I totally forgot about that one. That is a fun game, It was either my second or third FF game, my first was 10.

Peregrin

Post by Peregrin »

I, too, started on Tactics Advance. All in all, I've enjoyed the FF games that I've owned (which were all for Nintendo systems) with the exception of the early ones that were remade for DS/Game Boy Advance. For those, I agree with Kratos on lack of characterization and overall blandness. Especially after games like Golden Sun.

Now that I finally have a PS2, I will play the other, newer games and make a better decision. I did play through most of Kingdom Hearts. I did not enjoy it. The story was... dreadful...

Kaito The Ramen Bandit

Post by Kaito The Ramen Bandit »

kratos auron wrote:Seriously, wtf?
FF VII is not that great. It was mediocre at best. And since it has been milked to hell, and had some spin off games. I actually liked Dirge of Cerberus, but Crisis Core was Kingdom Hearts with Zack... Cisnei was the only good part of that game.
(End FF VII hatred mode.)
CC was like KH with Zack and lack of combos and easy 9999 damage and kills, and easy to die
[url=http://kaitou-d.mybrute.com/cellule]Join me in the MyBrute War[/url]

miri

Post by miri »

oh ok i like ff 7,9 and 10 and x2 the character that i would play would be yuffie, riku, and quina.. :]
don't call me again, it won't happend again ~background~ whore whore WHORE!

Euphenia

Post by Euphenia »

miri wrote:Oh, ok I like FF 7, 9, 10, and X-2. The characters that I would play would be Yuffie, Rikku, and Quina.. :]
Fixed, stop being lazy and start capitalizing where it is needed.

Yuffie is a favorite of mine as well.

Peregrin

Post by Peregrin »

I am quickly becoming a fan of Wakka. It baffles me that a voice actor using such a cliched accent can actually outperform most of his fellow actors.

I also like his hair.

Euphenia

Post by Euphenia »

Peregrin wrote:I am quickly becoming a fan of Wakka. It baffles me that a voice actor using such a cliched accent can actually outperform most of his fellow actors.

I also like his hair.

Victory!

NonameXP

Post by NonameXP »

i'm fan of all the final fantasy games i've played, they are all awesome!! Like 9 and 7 the most , then there is 10 and 10II and 12 a 8, 3 awesome

StrateryB

Post by StrateryB »

I started on FFX, which eventually lead me to check out all the older games.
My favorite is tied between FFVII and FFX, FF8 comes in third, and FFX-2 is at the bottom of my list.

I would love to see a re-make of FF6 though.

Euphenia

Post by Euphenia »

NonameXP wrote:I'm a fan of all the Final Fantasy games I've played, they are all awesome! I Like 9 and 7 the most, then there is 10, 10-2, 12, 3, and 8, those are great games.
Fixed.