Manga and Anime Magazine

Whether your tastes lean towards playing Halo or watching DVDs all day, this is the place to chat about anime, video games, TV shows, movies, toys, and more.

Moderators: Don Alexander, midgetshrimp

Ryokosha
Hidden Lawsuit

Manga and Anime Magazine

Post by Ryokosha »

Does anyone know of a anime and manga magazine along the lines of what Newtype USA or Anime Insider?

I've been looking for a while and found a few that are good but instead of being ahead are behind releases...

any help is welcome, thank you!
It gives one a great sense of satisfaction to do it in perfect unison. Michelle Cheung

CMB

Post by CMB »

Have you tried Otaku USA, I have think it may be what you are looking for at this time. Barns and Noble carries it and maybe Baorders as well.

Ryokosha
Hidden Lawsuit

Post by Ryokosha »

I have seen it, my fear is, and maybe I am wrong, but it seems to be a bit behind the times... that is I have seen an issue discussing (I think) Noir several months after it was already in full release... that said thank you for the suggestion I will give it a try.
It gives one a great sense of satisfaction to do it in perfect unison. Michelle Cheung

guillx

Post by guillx »

otaku usa is a very cool magazine

Ryokosha
Hidden Lawsuit

Post by Ryokosha »

I did get a copy earlier today and have found that out, it wasn't what I was thinking earlier. I have no clue what I was thinking earlier but OtakuUSA impresses me, and has shades of the old Newtype USA within it. As such it is one that I think deserves support beyond question.

Thank you for the suggestion CMB!

CMB

Post by CMB »

No problem and I hope you find it of some use. I'm also thinking Wizard may bring their anime magazine back when the economy is better. Well one can hope. :sweat: :sweat:

Ryokosha
Hidden Lawsuit

Post by Ryokosha »

What was the last month Anime Insider was suppose to have come out? I just found an April issue, I thought March was the last month for the time being?

CMB

Post by CMB »

I'm not sure at this time, but April may be it. :saaad:

Ryokosha
Hidden Lawsuit

Post by Ryokosha »

I am enjoying OtakuUSA alot! I also somewhat remember hearing about one online too, have you heard of any?

CMB

Post by CMB »

No, I can't say that I remember. But I hope someone else may. :sweat:

Ryokosha
Hidden Lawsuit

Post by Ryokosha »

I hope so, if memory serves it was bi-monthly or something too... geez now it is driving me nuts after getting back into ones like Otaku USA.

catstigereyes

hey prototype usa

Post by catstigereyes »

you find find a link for this magazine on animenewsnetworks web site. its really good mag for anime.. I will miss new type usa, anime insider and PIQ though i never liked PIQ for some reason.

There is also a europe magazine i cant rember the name of for the life of me. out right now. zen and vizs magazines are still published as well.