Strike Witches

Whether your tastes lean towards playing Halo or watching DVDs all day, this is the place to chat about anime, video games, TV shows, movies, toys, and more.

Moderators: Don Alexander, midgetshrimp

Rukia-Neko

Strike Witches

Post by Rukia-Neko »

Strike Witches is amazing in my opinion. It had several of my interests all put together : ears, tails, guns, lolis and I think the no pants thing was a great addition to it all.
Has anyone else seen the anime, manga or read the novels?
[img]http://i277.photobucket.com/albums/kk78/RukiaNeko/ShinigamiRukiacopy.jpg[/img]

DawnBandit

Post by DawnBandit »

Well, as far as I know, the light novels have nothing to do with the anime. Haven't heard about the manga.

Personally, I dropped it after three straight episodes of near Rosario+Vampire level sneaky camera angles and selective skirt physics, but I heard it got more serious later.

59cobalt

Post by 59cobalt »

You lasted three whole episodes? I dropped Crotch Witches after the first one on account of utter stupidity.

cu
59cobalt
"My surname is Li and my personal name is Kao, and there is a slight flaw in my character."
--Li Kao (Barry Hughart: Bridge of Birds)

Lord Styphon

Post by Lord Styphon »

59cobalt wrote:You lasted three whole episodes? I dropped Crotch Witches after the first one on account of utter stupidity.

cu
59cobalt
You were mad there wasn't a Walter Nowotny-based witch, too?

DawnBandit

Post by DawnBandit »

59cobalt wrote:You lasted three whole episodes? I dropped Crotch Witches after the first one on account of utter stupidity.

cu
59cobalt
I only stayed for Lynette.

Rukia-Neko

Post by Rukia-Neko »

Guess I enjoyed it cause I'm a perv.
Also, season 2 coming up!
[img]http://i277.photobucket.com/albums/kk78/RukiaNeko/ShinigamiRukiacopy.jpg[/img]

Ryokosha
Hidden Lawsuit

Post by Ryokosha »

Didn't even know there was an anime, only a manga and a light novel. but perhaps in small bursts it could be good.
It gives one a great sense of satisfaction to do it in perfect unison. Michelle Cheung

Lord Styphon

Post by Lord Styphon »

Ryokosha wrote:Didn't even know there was an anime
This seems to be a frequent problem for you.

DawnBandit

Post by DawnBandit »

Ryokosha wrote:Didn't even know there was an anime, only a manga and a light novel. but perhaps in small bursts it could be good.
... Where the heck have you been?

Lord Styphon

Post by Lord Styphon »

DawnBandit wrote:
Ryokosha wrote:Didn't even know there was an anime, only a manga and a light novel. but perhaps in small bursts it could be good.
... Where the heck have you been?
Under the same rock he was under when he missed Lovely Complex, probably.

DawnBandit

Post by DawnBandit »

I actually sat through the entire thing this last week and found, once you got to the second half or so, its rather enjoyable.

You just have to close your eyes and refrain from facedesking at the No Panties episode (Episode 7).

Also, second season go go go.

Rukia-Neko

Post by Rukia-Neko »

Yea, I'm excited for the second season~
Can't wait for more panites.

DawnBandit

Post by DawnBandit »

Rukia-Neko wrote:Yea, I'm excited for the second season~
Can't wait for more panites.
Needs moar Sanya and Eila.

Wakarimasen001

Post by Wakarimasen001 »

I only got up to episode 8 before it got pulled of the fansub sites. Nice to know there are shows like this for fanboys like me. :bleed2:

Hoping the official US release is handled well.
"May the flame of moe burn forever!" -Satou Tatsuhiro, Welcome to the N.H.K.

einhorn303

Post by einhorn303 »

It's a show that's brilliant on so many levels. Can't wait for more.

To be honest, what I do is pop in the first DVD of Gunbuster 2, go to the 1st episode, and watch the scene where Tycho is talking in the form of a black cat. IT'S LIKE IT'S REALLY PERRINE. Because they're the same VA (Miyuki Sawashiro), and in that scene she uses the same voice. Most ~moe~ frenchwoman ever.
Wakarimasen001 wrote:I only got up to episode 8 before it got pulled of the fansub sites. Nice to know there are shows like this for fanboys like me. :bleed2:

Hoping the official US release is handled well.
Some people don't realize this, but Strike Witches was actually being simulcasted by CrunchyRoll and BOST as it aired in Japan, thanks to Gonzo. All the "fansubs" which floated around on the internet were just pirated warez which stole the official translations. You can actually still legally download subtitled episodes of it from the CR site, though they cost a small amount. DRM-free though, which is always a big plus in my book:

http://www.crunchyroll.com/library/Strike_Witches

I'm still greatly looking forward to the DVD release. I deeply respect Funi for releasing something so blatantly otaku.
DawnBandit wrote:Well, as far as I know, the light novels have nothing to do with the anime.
The original light novels are set 6 years before the TV anime, but after it aired they did go and make a novel based on the anime. A bit more "feeding the cash-cow," but still fun.