What are you watching this month?

Whether your tastes lean towards playing Halo or watching DVDs all day, this is the place to chat about anime, video games, TV shows, movies, toys, and more.

Moderators: Don Alexander, midgetshrimp

Zerodaimu

Post by Zerodaimu »

Well, within the last few days there's been a conclusion in some of the shows I was watching.

Kämpfer had a really retarded finale, but I don't think I expected much better.

Asura Cryin' 's second season had an amazing ending; far better than I ever would have expected.

And Seitokai no Ichizon also had a surprisingly interesting finale.

EDIT: Oh and NEEDLESS, though that was a bit longer ago- a lot of random twists there all in the last few episodes, but given the nature of the show up until that point I suppose it's not surprising. I was entertained overall at least.

StrateryB

Post by StrateryB »

Just finished The Sacred Blacksmith, and I have to say I rather liked it. Probably just being easy on it though since it's a medieval fantasy (I know I'll probably not like it so much later). Wish it was longer but I guess that's what the light novles and manga are for.

Finished Seitokai no Ichizon, overall it was pretty entertaining.

Excited for the Hetalia 3rd season, hopefully they animate more Austria/Hungary strips XD

Dropped Kiddy GiRL-AND, I'm really not one for lolis.

Might actually start Kimi ni Todoke for the hell of it.

Zerodaimu

Post by Zerodaimu »

I submit a motion to officially make "The Sacred Blacksmith" known as "KAHTAHNAHS" given how much they rant about them. Well that and Cecily's boobs, but still.

Peregrin

Post by Peregrin »

I'm about to finish Seitokai and Kampfer myself. Seitokai I have high hopes for. Kampfer not so much. But Kampfer never was about being good...

Nyan Koi was my favorite this season by far. I also enjoyed the Railgun. One can never have too many esper lolis.

Zerodaimu

Post by Zerodaimu »

Esper lolis got old a long time ago for me. As for the end of Kämpfer... ep11 was the real finale' 12 is just extra annoying shit. Seitokai's ending was actually surprisingly worthwhile.

Euphenia

Post by Euphenia »

Just finished Umineko No Naku Koro ni. I loved it, so much suspense.

Now I am watching Pandora Hearts...... interesting, is all I have to say about it.

Peregrin

Post by Peregrin »

Zerodaimu wrote:Esper lolis got old a long time ago for me. As for the end of Kämpfer... ep11 was the real finale' 12 is just extra annoying sh*t. Seitokai's ending was actually surprisingly worthwhile.
Seitokai is epic win.

Kämpfer is an amazingly huge pile of shit. I mean, it was hilariously bad so I kept watching. But ultimately, it's a huge pile of shit.

I want more Bakemonogatari.

Zerodaimu

Post by Zerodaimu »

See I didn't like Bakemonogatari because I think SHAFT is a bunch of pretentious jerkdicks. Which is unfortunate, because that means that Dance in the Vampire Bund might be open to the SHAFT-effect (IE: it's really interesting for about three episodes and then it gets pretentious and old really, really fast) like MariaHolic was. Sigh...

As to Kämpfer, I liked Shizuku (the President) a lot. I'm not quite sure what the appeal was but because of my liking her I chilled around until ep11 character-assassinated her in all of three seconds. Then I blazed through ep11 because that final battle with the spoof of Ode to Joy was actually moderately cool. But then ep12 I just...

It was awful but I still watched it and I'm not quite sure why. I think I kept hoping it would get better.

Seitokai was interesting because despite being an episodic parody it tied together in a sensible way through the various girl's interactions with Ken. I think that was the main appeal for me. How the last episode pinged on how all of them had an impact on him through different seasons was particularly poetic.

Peregrin

Post by Peregrin »

Zerodaimu wrote:See I didn't like Bakemonogatari because I think SHAFT is a bunch of pretentious jerkdicks. Which is unfortunate, because that means that Dance in the Vampire Bund might be open to the SHAFT-effect (IE: it's really interesting for about three episodes and then it gets pretentious and old really, really fast) like MariaHolic was. Sigh...

As to Kämpfer, I liked Shizuku (the President) a lot. I'm not quite sure what the appeal was but because of my liking her I chilled around until ep11 character-assassinated her in all of three seconds. Then I blazed through ep11 because that final battle with the spoof of Ode to Joy was actually moderately cool. But then ep12 I just...

It was awful but I still watched it and I'm not quite sure why. I think I kept hoping it would get better.

Seitokai was interesting because despite being an episodic parody it tied together in a sensible way through the various girl's interactions with Ken. I think that was the main appeal for me. How the last episode pinged on how all of them had an impact on him through different seasons was particularly poetic.
I agree with basically everything you just said. Except that I really liked Maria Holic and Bakemonogatari. I will admit, though, that that style of animation is very indicative of jerkdickishness. Senjougahara is just so awesome that I didn't care.

Kaichou was my favorite in Kampfer, too. The Ode to Joy bit, though. That hurt. As a student of classical music, I felt part of my soul slip away in that moment. I would like to point out, however, the common characteristics of Shizuku, Chizuru, and Senjougahara. They were all my favorites. Make of this what you will.

Kara no Kyoukai 7 was nice, too. Best yandere ever.