What are you watching this month?

Whether your tastes lean towards playing Halo or watching DVDs all day, this is the place to chat about anime, video games, TV shows, movies, toys, and more.

Moderators: Don Alexander, midgetshrimp

StrateryB

Post by StrateryB »

-Watching Kampfer. I don't really like it at all, but it kills time.

- Finished The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya S2, really disappointed that they didn't do the Disappearance arc.

-Waiting for the Black Rock Shooter anime, which looks promising. Just wish it were the actual Vocaloids now...

Also heard the Tales of Vesperia movie was pretty good. Heard it was mostly based on Flynn though, and
now he seems even more like Suzaku to me. The whole father's death and strong sense of justice, etc.
Also heard that's there's going to be an Axis Powers Hetalia movie coming out in 2010. Oh god, watch that fail.

Peregrin

Re: SHOOT

Post by Peregrin »

catstigereyes wrote:EVER HEARD OF WATCHING IT? with out downloading? you do not have to down load something to watch it fools.
I lol'd.

DawnBandit

Re: SHOOT

Post by DawnBandit »

catstigereyes wrote:EVER HEARD OF WATCHING IT? with out downloading? you do not have to down load something to watch it fools.
Which is a poor technicality, given that streaming fansubs is no better than downloading it. As to The First Strike (the ToV movie), the PS3 version has more Flynn, too. Even if Flynn is knightzaku, at least it's countered by Yuri, far more pro and amazing than Lelouch ever was.

Anyways, moar from today:

The Sacred Blacksmith - STATUS: Confirmed
Probably will watch regardless. I like (medieval-ish) fantasy anime.

LOLI ELF LOLI ELF LOLI ELF LOLI ELF LOLI ELF

Letter Bee - STATUS: Denied
We'll see if the art style is as good in the anime as it is in the manga.

I was wrong.

StrateryB

Post by StrateryB »

I actually don't mind that Flynn is in the PS3 ver. but the movie really makes me think of Suzaku. Although I like Flynn better, seeing as he isn't as indecisive. Yuri is great, wish there were more characters like him...

Also: Sacred Blacksmith really caught my eye, I'm weak against those medieval/fantasy anime.

And what is up with Shugo Chara Party? Oh god, when does it end....

Peregrin

Post by Peregrin »

DawnBandit wrote:
Kampfer - STATUS: Confirmed
OP/ED are meh, nothing special or particularly interesting, but that's not a big deal.
OH GOD. The ending. The dancing. What is this, I don't even...

DawnBandit

Post by DawnBandit »

Peregrin wrote:
DawnBandit wrote:Kampfer - STATUS: Confirmed
OP/ED are meh, nothing special or particularly interesting, but that's not a big deal.
OH GOD. The ending. The dancing. What is this, I don't even...
Cha cha cha~

Am I the only one who finds fem!Senou the most appealing (appearance-wise) of the cast thus far?

StrateryB

Post by StrateryB »

DawnBandit wrote:Am I the only one who finds fem!Senou the most appealing (appearance-wise) of the cast thus far?
Same here, for some reason in most gender-benders the male-turned-female always seems to look better than the actual female cast...

DawnBandit

Post by DawnBandit »

StrateryB wrote:
DawnBandit wrote:Am I the only one who finds fem!Senou the most appealing (appearance-wise) of the cast thus far?
Same here, for some reason in most gender-benders the male-turned-female always seems to look better than the actual female cast...
The converse works as well.

Kyonko > Haruhi/Mikuru/Yuki

Anyways, Seitokai no Ichizon. I expect disappointment and general unfunniness.

I take that back. It's shameless parody, but it's kinda funny.

Well, I enjoyed it. Looks to be somewhere between decent and bad, but I suppose I'm masochistic enough to watch at least one bad show every season.

THIS SEASON SO FAR IN A NUTSHELL:
Miracle Train: Thomas the Tank Engine.
Seitokai no Ichizon: Poor man's Lucky Star.
Sacred Blacksmith: LOLI ELF LOLI ELF LOLI ELF
Letter Bee: Gauche vi Britannia commands you... give me your mail!
Railgun: Esper yuri.
Armed Librarians: CANAAN with magic.
Kampfer: Genderbend yuri.
Nyankoi!: Pussies everywhere.

kratos auron

Post by kratos auron »

Thanks to Super Robot Wars K, I have decided to watch "Fafner, the dead aggressor"

plan on watching:

Koutetsushin Jeeg
Overman King Gainer
Godannar
Dangaioh
[img]http://i18.photobucket.com/albums/b115/kratos_auron/messy.png[/img]

guillx

Post by guillx »

I started Umineko no naku koro ni ( I havent watched higurashi thought, should I ?) and it's quite awsome , I've never seen anything like it before too.Also I watched bakemonogatari ep 1 and seems good, weird thought.
I feel like finishing vampire knight guilty too.

DawnBandit

Post by DawnBandit »

guillx wrote:I started Umineko no naku koro ni ( I havent watched higurashi thought, should I ?) and it's quite awsome , I've never seen anything like it before too.Also I watched bakemonogatari ep 1 and seems good, weird thought.
I feel like finishing vampire knight guilty too.
Play the games play the games play the games play the games.

The beambattle in Episode 14 was disappointing, by the way.

guillx

Post by guillx »

I wanted to play the games but the art plain sucks. And that's a big letdown for me.

DawnBandit

Post by DawnBandit »

guillx wrote:I wanted to play the games but the art plain sucks. And that's a big letdown for me.
It grows on you. It grew on me, and I had the same apprehensions.

Besides, the anime's designs for Beato and Battler (especially Beato's voice) annoy me as well. Heck, Virgilia was ruined by having her eyes open.

Ryokosha
Hidden Lawsuit

Post by Ryokosha »

Sgt. Frog, which is actually very funny, even realizing some of the humor was changed this is actually a very enjoyable series.
It gives one a great sense of satisfaction to do it in perfect unison. Michelle Cheung

DawnBandit

Post by DawnBandit »

NEEDLESS 14. Why do I love this show so much?

Also, Heaven's Lost Property is out. I'll give it a shot, but it doesn't appear to be my cup of tea.

And the name makes me think too much of Lost Property Riot Force 6 of Nanoha.