Favorite Anime

Whether your tastes lean towards playing Halo or watching DVDs all day, this is the place to chat about anime, video games, TV shows, movies, toys, and more.

Moderators: Don Alexander, midgetshrimp

Harukochan

Post by Harukochan »

We watched the first episode in our anime club. (45 minutes, was that the OAV?) It was interesting.

Oh my god, it's the kuchisake onna!

Rayearth

Post by Rayearth »

out of the ones up there ghost in a shell rules more than any others hehe
[img]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v329/uzume/elfenwallsmalltr4.jpg[/img]
Love is everything it's cracked up to be…It really is worth fighting for, being brave for, risking everything for.

Ryokosha
Hidden Lawsuit

Post by Ryokosha »

Yasshiro-kun wrote:
Ryokosha wrote:The otaku lifestyle is very clearly seen in Genshiken and awesome anime, and also carries in it another of my favorites Kujibiki Unbalance .

If this was mentioned well it's just to get us back on topic.
I'm still not sure whether or not KujiUn is separate from the Genshiken anime, or is INSIDE it... I haven't seen Genshiken yet, so I wouldn't know.
Apologies on the delay in my response.

Kujibiki Unbalance is, as far as I can tell, only a three episode OVA which comes on the Genshiken DVD's, so it primarly exists only within Genshiken. It was primarly created for the manga and anime so those within the Genshiken club would have a fresh and new anime to discuss that others don't know or which might itself fall in of and out of favor, or one that they which they did not need to gain premission to use clips of during the show.

That said Kujibiki Unbalance does have it's own website (only in Japanese) so it could easily be popular enough to become it's own anime and manga (if it is not one already) which I would love to see if it is in the style of the OVA episodes I have seen so far which in terms of the "26 length anime" Kujibiki Unbalance is suppose to be would be episodes 1, 22, 26 within the OVA.

Even though a "anime within an anime" Kujibiki Unbalance is clearly a favorite.
It gives one a great sense of satisfaction to do it in perfect unison. Michelle Cheung

Ryokosha
Hidden Lawsuit

Post by Ryokosha »

I disagree, I think what draws people into Kubijiki Unbalance is first of all it is excellent in it's own right but more to the point it is one of those shows that was sort of created by anime fans for anime fans so it targets and hits a lot of the broad "stereotypes" found in animes.

So being sort of created by anime fans for anime fans, it is one of those shows that hits on at least one major like for everyone and often more then one major like for people. At least this is why I think Kubijiki Unbalance is so special and excellent.

Besides going more off what I said in the beginning, it's one of those special ones that so many people will either love or hate but I think more will love it then hate it for reasons that maybe I am wrong about and maybe no two people would explain the same way, but for reasons that go well beyond making Genshiken feel more real and rest more within Kubijiki Unbalance itself taken outside of the Genshiken universe.
It gives one a great sense of satisfaction to do it in perfect unison. Michelle Cheung

Ryokosha
Hidden Lawsuit

Post by Ryokosha »

The theme song is indeed catchy, and there other aspects too, the school setting, the "prize" to be won, competitions, the girl obessed with something (mushrooms), the childhood promise but the girl that remembers it but acts like she does not, the sleepy girl that is really the fighter, the girl out to harm the group the guy has become a part of, the possible "other girl" that might get close to the "hero" as the main girl acts like she has no feelings for him and ignores their promise, are more of those "classic" themes from various anime were some of the other aspects that came to mind for me.

Ryokosha
Hidden Lawsuit

Post by Ryokosha »

I jsut got it too and it is suppose to give that feel because remember it is Episode 21, which often is a clip show in many anime. It's the one that helps people remember the previous 20 shows key points as they rush to the climax in the next 4 or 5 episodes. At least that is my take on it.

Ryokosha
Hidden Lawsuit

Post by Ryokosha »

I would say it is entirely possible. They do have their own website for the show, it does have I think several drama programs (all in Japanese) that fill in the gaps of the episodes we don't see in the OVA (Episodes 1, 21, 26), so it is not outside the realm of possibility that something so popular might someday have it's full series.

Now if they are very smart about it they have at least one, two or maybe three episodes done for the 26 episode series. Given the nature of it and why I think people like it so much this is not one I can see them going back and redoing those episodes just to have a clean start with a full series. In this case which I think is very unique, the fans would be more or less outraged to have a whole new animation style, whole new cast, whole new pacing perhaps for even just one of the episodes they have come to love either in OVA or in radio/CD drama format.

Which is why I can see them doing what is perhaps highly unusual if it has ever been done before and simply take what is done in terms of animation for three episodes and that style, as well as blanks filled in by the drama series and using both of those to fill in the episodes they don't have done as of yet. Also by doing so they would be able to keep the same animtation style and perhaps the same cast a (making it so even if it is hard to do so) so they please the fans, save themselves some work, and get a series the fans won't be outraged was even slightly different from the one which got them to love Kujibiki Unbalance and demand the "missing" episodes. (As said this is a very unique case which does differ from that seen in the Oh! My Goddess OVA leading in part to the demand for a longer length Ah! My Goddess TV Series).