Marvel's Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.

Whether your tastes lean towards playing Halo or watching DVDs all day, this is the place to chat about anime, video games, TV shows, movies, toys, and more.

Moderators: Don Alexander, midgetshrimp

Lokitsu

Re: Marvel's Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.

Post by Lokitsu »

@Arte:

Graviton
I'm not sure that they'll really go that route with the character. Heck, we'll probably never see him again. But my first thought, before the vault door even closed was "This would be a great set up for introducing Graviton"

Artemisia
Mistress of Oddities

Post by Artemisia »

So, I presume you saw the very end then? When his hand emerged from that bubbling mass?
"I'm going to do what I do best...lecture her."- Twilight Sparkle (My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic)
"Hello, I'm a lizard woman from the dawn of time, and this is my wife." - Madam Vastra (Doctor Who "The Snowmen")
"There's no point in being grown up if you can't be childish sometimes." The 4th Doctor Doctor Who "Robot"

TellusEidolon
Just an Anomalous Phantasm
Location: Ducklair Tower, Downtown Duckburg, on the 151st floor.

Post by TellusEidolon »

Yup, i saw the hand reaching out. Looks like he might be the season final's BBEG.
Artificial does not mean obtuse! ~Uno from Paperinik's New Adventures.
It is important to draw wisdom from different places. If you take it from only one place it become rigid and stale. ~Iroh
You can't make an omelette without ruthlessly crushing dozens of eggs beneath your steel boot and then publicly disemboweling the chickens that laid them as a warning to others. ~Tarquin
The skin stretched and tanned, the striped suit sown into the flesh itself, the killer donned a new body, giggling to no one, "Wears Waldo."
This is here for future reference.

Adamas

Post by Adamas »

I'm glad I'm not the only one who saw it as what I think I saw it as.
Aquila89 wrote:It's really nice how a conversation about linguistics overlaps with a debate about strap-ons.
A good friend comforts you and talks you down when you are angry. A best friend skips along side you, carrying a baseball bat, and chanting, ‘Somebody’s gonna get it!"
Chelvo56 wrote:Sorry, but when the sentence "It is wrong to go into a foreign country, take out your weapon and enforce your will there", coming from an US-diplomat, was generallly laughed at, you might want to think why.
And to keep for future reference: Image

Artemisia
Mistress of Oddities

Post by Artemisia »

It was definitely a fun episode.
"I'm going to do what I do best...lecture her."- Twilight Sparkle (My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic)
"Hello, I'm a lizard woman from the dawn of time, and this is my wife." - Madam Vastra (Doctor Who "The Snowmen")
"There's no point in being grown up if you can't be childish sometimes." The 4th Doctor Doctor Who "Robot"

Tenjen
Friskeh Lynx Kitteh
Location: doing his business in his litterbox. WTF YOU LOOKIN AT?!

Post by Tenjen »

btw the stinger for episode 2 of Agents of Shield was hilarious, forgot to say that

Also good to see the card collection getting a quick mention. The fact he brought up alongside sacrificing his life shows his bitterness behind it XD
Affro Shaman of the Forum and Deranged Elder Lynx of the Caves. Perpetuater of warm-hearted irrelevance and lynx kitteh of affectionate inflictions.
ImageImageImage
Artemisia wrote:Wait...are we reenacting Ma3 here with ballistic cats?

Lokitsu

Post by Lokitsu »

"Cancel the fish tank." =))

Artemisia
Mistress of Oddities

Post by Artemisia »

And Samuel L. Jackson got to have his appearance. I just love that.

Tenjen
Friskeh Lynx Kitteh

Post by Tenjen »

And he got to be loud and scream at stuff.

then again it has been 6 goddamn days since they got the plane and that WAS a really nice bar.
Affro Shaman of the Forum and Deranged Elder Lynx of the Caves. Perpetuater of warm-hearted irrelevance and lynx kitteh of affectionate inflictions.
ImageImageImage

TellusEidolon

Post by TellusEidolon »

So, do anyone have a guess on who the guy in the jail cell was at the end?
It is important to draw wisdom from different places. If you take it from only one place it become rigid and stale. ~Iroh
You can't make an omelette without ruthlessly crushing dozens of eggs beneath your steel boot and then publicly disemboweling the chickens that laid them as a warning to others. ~Tarquin
The skin stretched and tanned, the striped suit sown into the flesh itself, the killer donned a new body, giggling to no one, "Wears Waldo."

Tenjen
Friskeh Lynx Kitteh

Post by Tenjen »

No clue whatsoever.

oh and the lady getting immolated?

HOLY FUCKING SHIT. A full ballsout screaming start to finish immolation on weekly tv? Not many shows have the balls to depict that on network tv and iam surprised they managed to get it past without panties twisting themselves. That aint gonna show up in Australia for sure.

Not that iam against the scene. its Nicely done.
ImageImageImage

TellusEidolon

Post by TellusEidolon »

I agree, that was pretty awesome scene.

Tenjen
Friskeh Lynx Kitteh

Post by Tenjen »

it was nice to see the reoccuring villain situation getting subverted as well as the "we can redeem him" situation.
ImageImageImage

Weertangel

Post by Weertangel »

I have seen the current 5 episodes and must say i love it!
Both the nerds and Skye are wicked :)
Altrough i still wonder what Shield did to Colson to get him back to life and why they keep it such a secret.

Adamas

Post by Adamas »

Thinking he's a Life Model Decoy. There have been times where one would come to believe that IT was the original person.
Aquila89 wrote:It's really nice how a conversation about linguistics overlaps with a debate about strap-ons.
A good friend comforts you and talks you down when you are angry. A best friend skips along side you, carrying a baseball bat, and chanting, ‘Somebody’s gonna get it!"
Chelvo56 wrote:Sorry, but when the sentence "It is wrong to go into a foreign country, take out your weapon and enforce your will there", coming from an US-diplomat, was generallly laughed at, you might want to think why.
And to keep for future reference: Image