Marvel's Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.

Whether your tastes lean towards playing Halo or watching DVDs all day, this is the place to chat about anime, video games, TV shows, movies, toys, and more.

Moderators: Don Alexander, midgetshrimp

MuchachoNL
Menace to Society

Re: Marvel's Agents of S.H.I.E.L.D.

Post by MuchachoNL »

Am I the only one who is seeing progress in the "Previously On" parts of episodes 16 and 17 that were never covered in 14,15 and 16?

I found out I missed Episode 15 when I started 16... so I watched 15 first... and then 16... and now I'm at 17 and I'm seeing flashbacks that I can't remember.

Example:
Agent May and Ward out in the field working together again. Coulson hinted to get to Ward just before episode 16 ended. And in the "previously on.." of 17 I see May working together with him (reluctantly). It feels rushed.
Freudian Slip: When you say one thing, but mean your mother... err... another.

Tenjen
Friskeh Lynx Kitteh
Location: doing his business in his litterbox. WTF YOU LOOKIN AT?!

Post by Tenjen »

man all sorts of shit going down and its all SO GOOD
Affro Shaman of the Forum and Deranged Elder Lynx of the Caves. Perpetuater of warm-hearted irrelevance and lynx kitteh of affectionate inflictions.
ImageImageImage
Artemisia wrote:Wait...are we reenacting Ma3 here with ballistic cats?

Tenjen
Friskeh Lynx Kitteh

Post by Tenjen »

Looks like the events pushing for full registration to the index and "supervision" of enhanced beings have just occurred in Agents of Shield. In the most unfortunate and avoidable manner.

i did not expect Raina to be the sincere one tryin to save her new home, or Gonzalas to be the reasonable one and give enhanced a chance. Allowing cal further influence was a big mistake.
Affro Shaman of the Forum and Deranged Elder Lynx of the Caves. Perpetuater of warm-hearted irrelevance and lynx kitteh of affectionate inflictions.
ImageImageImage

Tenjen
Friskeh Lynx Kitteh

Post by Tenjen »

HOLY SHIT
ImageImageImage

Artemisia
Mistress of Oddities

Post by Artemisia »

I have to be honest. I stopped watching six months ago. I really hate the whole "every gets pitted against each other" storyline.
"I'm going to do what I do best...lecture her."- Twilight Sparkle (My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic)
"Hello, I'm a lizard woman from the dawn of time, and this is my wife." - Madam Vastra (Doctor Who "The Snowmen")
"There's no point in being grown up if you can't be childish sometimes." The 4th Doctor Doctor Who "Robot"

Dirty n Evil
Deceptively Evil

Post by Dirty n Evil »

I'm still watching it... for now. But I have to agree, Artemisia, that's what I most dislike about the show as well. Which is a shame, because I really like Clark Gregg as an actor, too.
Tied 1st Place of "What Would You Do To Win A Ma3 Contest" Contest (Aug '09) / Winner of Cutest Forumite Contest (Male Division) (Sept '09)
Winner of FRANKIES Awards Contest (Feb '10) Winner in Noms & Exemplary Divisions / Winner of 'The Contest For the Next Contest' Contest (Jul '10)
Winner of Wet T-Shirt Guys Division (Jul '10) / Winner of Lonely Hearts Contest (Feb '11)

Artemisia
Mistress of Oddities

Post by Artemisia »

I loved the idea of a group of people working hard to bring order out of the chaos around them even if it meant having the whole world becoming chaotic around them, but then it became more about fracturing alliances, and a rotating band of villains...it became too chaotic for me.
"I'm going to do what I do best...lecture her."- Twilight Sparkle (My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic)
"Hello, I'm a lizard woman from the dawn of time, and this is my wife." - Madam Vastra (Doctor Who "The Snowmen")
"There's no point in being grown up if you can't be childish sometimes." The 4th Doctor Doctor Who "Robot"

MuchachoNL
Menace to Society

Post by MuchachoNL »

I hate that final part of episode 22 though... bastards.
Freudian Slip: When you say one thing, but mean your mother... err... another.

FurriesRock

Post by FurriesRock »

MuchachoNL wrote:I hate that final part of episode 22 though... bastards.

I loved it, epic cliffhanger.

I can't wait for season 3!

Tenjen
Friskeh Lynx Kitteh

Post by Tenjen »

Season 3 episode 1 is up.

We have a lot going on in this episode.

A new faction on the "good side", Coulsons new hand, A new villainous monster (he's a inhuman called Lash), new team dynamics, global inhuman activation, a new good inhuman, a bitter inhuman friend, missing team members, Fitz trying to find a way to bring back Simmons, him ABSOLUTELY LOSING HIS SHIT AT THE MONOLITH

political climate is also indicating movement towards the mindsets that lead to the Civil War arc
ImageImageImage

Tenjen
Friskeh Lynx Kitteh

Post by Tenjen »

Season 3 Episode 2

One thing i find unique is Wards development as a character. he went from someone unable to even function unless he had orders in season 1 to something confused and broken after his hydra leader died, to a leader and new thinker in this season.

Except he's evil and without morals, but still has an integrity of sorts
ImageImageImage

Radbaron
Forum FlyBoy
Location: North Sydney, Nova Scotia, Canada, North America, Erp, Sol System, Saggitarius Arm, Milky Way Galaxy

Post by Radbaron »

As long as you have integrity :)
Red Corsair of Questionable European Nobility.
And I need an avatar. <fixed>
668 , Neighbour of the Beast

Dirty n Evil
Deceptively Evil

Post by Dirty n Evil »

Well, I kept watching for longer than I thought I would have... but with tonight's episode, I'm done. I'm so very done. And pissed off.

I knew that they would have a mysterious romantic figure for Simmons on the other side of the portal. I suspected it as far back as the end of last season when she first disappeared. Why? How? Because Fitz and Simmons were finally beginning to step towards that romantic coupling that has been hinted at and suspected at since the very first episode. And maybe it's a bit personal, but whenever there is a soft spoken, smart, and sweet guy in any sort of media (be it movie, television show, or book) he never ends up with the girl that he loves if there are dramatic elements to the story. And because it happens all the time, it's predictable. It's cliché. It's bad writing that somehow every writer thinks it's such a curve ball. However, you know what a real surprise would be? To not feel the compulsive need to constantly smash the nice guy in the teeth when it comes to the romantic department.
Tied 1st Place of "What Would You Do To Win A Ma3 Contest" Contest (Aug '09) / Winner of Cutest Forumite Contest (Male Division) (Sept '09)
Winner of FRANKIES Awards Contest (Feb '10) Winner in Noms & Exemplary Divisions / Winner of 'The Contest For the Next Contest' Contest (Jul '10)
Winner of Wet T-Shirt Guys Division (Jul '10) / Winner of Lonely Hearts Contest (Feb '11)

Artemisia
Mistress of Oddities

Post by Artemisia »

D&E...they've been hinting at a romantic relationship between either Fitz and Simmons or Skye and Simmons for a long time, and honestly, it doesn't surprise me that they've decided to eff over both sides of the shipping department for someone who will, in the long run, turn out to probably be a bad guy.

Dirty n Evil
Deceptively Evil

Post by Dirty n Evil »

Which is why this ticks me off SO MUCH. I'm a romantic, my interest in any story increases or decreases substantially with the writers' treatment of romance in any medium. And I've honestly felt as though as I've gotten older, it's almost cool to trash a romantic theme. That there's something almost enjoyable about ruining one of the most important and beautiful things in this world.

So... yeah. I'm done.