ITT you discuss Skyrim

Whether your tastes lean towards playing Halo or watching DVDs all day, this is the place to chat about anime, video games, TV shows, movies, toys, and more.

Moderators: Don Alexander, midgetshrimp

Adamas

Re: ITT you discuss Skyrim

Post by Adamas »

sell the dragon bones and scales. trust me there will be PLENTY enough for Dragon gear later, half the words have dragons guarding them, not counting the random dragon attacks.

Speaking of which...the A.I. random generator decided to be particularly nasty.... it decided to give 3 dragons overlapping territory...and guess who was where they overlapped. Nothing like being triple-teamed by giant cursing lizards. :-o

Oh Has anyone else had a flying dragon suddenly crash to the ground and skid right by you (And not as in "Killed it with my bow in mid-air") ? It seems to happen to me alot lately.
Aquila89 wrote:It's really nice how a conversation about linguistics overlaps with a debate about strap-ons.
A good friend comforts you and talks you down when you are angry. A best friend skips along side you, carrying a baseball bat, and chanting, ‘Somebody’s gonna get it!"
Chelvo56 wrote:Sorry, but when the sentence "It is wrong to go into a foreign country, take out your weapon and enforce your will there", coming from an US-diplomat, was generallly laughed at, you might want to think why.
And to keep for future reference: Image

Random Wanderer

Post by Random Wanderer »

Usually the crash-skid thing indicates that it's been hurt enough that it can't really fly any more. Although it seems most of the times I've seen it that they try skidding straight into me.

For dragon gear, be advised that dragonbone plate armor is not worth the effort: it provides less protection that Daedric armor but requires ten extra points of smithing. Now, if you're going for light armor, dragon scale armor is the best light armor available, so it is worth the extra smithing points. If you're playing a pure mage or some other type of character that doesn't wear any of that silly armor stuff, just sell all the dragon parts. They're heavy, but they bring in good money.

milk experiment

Post by milk experiment »

Adamas wrote:Oh Has anyone else had a flying dragon suddenly crash to the ground and skid right by you (And not as in "Killed it with my bow in mid-air") ? It seems to happen to me alot lately.
Random Wanderer wrote:Usually the crash-skid thing indicates that it's been hurt enough that it can't really fly any more.
You know, I don't think I've ever had that happen. I was starting to think the crash-and-skid from the trailer was just some marketing embellishment that didn't make it into the game, but maybe it's because I'm using Dragonrend to bring them down to earth where I can reach them with my swords. I've never done much damage to flying dragons with this character.

Random Wanderer

That shout may prevent it, yeah. I have, oddly enough, seen dragons who get badly hurt take off from the ground, fly up, and then crash into a long skid, usually running into me in the process. I think that's a bug: under certain circumstances they're programmed to crash, even if logically speaking they shouldn't be able to fly enough any more to crash in the first place. But yeah, that thing from the trailers is no lie. Hurt a dragon enough, it can no longer fly, and that can mean they'll hit the ground hard.

Speaking of dragons, I really hate the times when a dragon will just circle around overhead roaring periodically, but never come down to fight. Just circle and circle and circle endlessly, while I waste arrows or magic trying to get the damned thing's attention so it will come down and die. It's almost impossible to hit the stupid things when they're in the middle of their nonhostile circling.

Tenjen
Friskeh Lynx Kitteh
Location: doing his business in his litterbox. WTF YOU LOOKIN AT?!

Post by Tenjen »

Friend in another forum said he had one circling for ages. Attacked a bandit camp he went to and then killed a mammoth he was after.

Doing the , in my time of need quest, not sure who to trust
Affro Shaman of the Forum and Deranged Elder Lynx of the Caves. Perpetuater of warm-hearted irrelevance and lynx kitteh of affectionate inflictions.
ImageImageImage
Artemisia wrote:Wait...are we reenacting Ma3 here with ballistic cats?

sanzo

Post by sanzo »

Tenjen wrote:Just got the summons. Was practicing my shout at wolves when it happened and I was all WTF WAS THAT. I realized it was a fullpowered shout after a while because I remembered 3 syllables.

The dragonreach hall revealed more. Now to earn 5000 for my home so I can store all this material weighing me down safely
Damn, houses are only 5k? I can almost buy 4 :D

Gives me a place to store all the books I've been picking up; must have about a hundred of them

Yuzu: "Ugh... I knew mentioning it around Otakuro would be a bad idea..."

Atsuro: "Otakuro!? What's with that all of a sudden...? What's wrong with being an otaku!?"

(╯°□°)╯︵ ┻━┻ F*CK THIS TABLE.

Tenjen
Friskeh Lynx Kitteh

Post by Tenjen »

Whiterun is 5k. Spending too much on training xo
Affro Shaman of the Forum and Deranged Elder Lynx of the Caves. Perpetuater of warm-hearted irrelevance and lynx kitteh of affectionate inflictions.
ImageImageImage

Random Wanderer

Tenjen wrote:Doing the , in my time of need quest, not sure who to trust
No one knows, so far as I know. Just pick a side.
Damn, houses are only 5k? I can almost buy 4
House in Whiterun is 5k, although furnishing it will cost you about another 1.5k. That's the cheapest house on the market, though. It's the only house I use, however, since Whiterun is my main base of operations. Everything I need; blacksmith, general store, alchemist, and my house; are all conveniently located on a straight line in the lowest section of the city. Even if I'm overloaded, it's just a short walk to the blacksmith to sell junk, and just one building over from there to my house to store things.

sanzo

Post by sanzo »

Do you have to be at a specific point in the main quest to buy a house? I think I might buy one in Solitude

Atsuro: "Otakuro!? What's with that all of a sudden...? What's wrong with being an otaku!?"

Random Wanderer

People in the hold (each major is the capital of one of the nine holds) need to like you well enough. In Whiterun it's easy: bring word to the jarl to send troops to Riverwood, bring the dragonstone to the court mage, kill the dragon in the main quest. Then you just need to talk to the steward and he'll have a house available. In other holds it takes more work, usually involving doing quests for important people in the hold. Any quests you can get from anyone in the palace will probably count. I haven't made an exact study of what precisely is needed in cities outside of Whiterun, because, as I said, I don't really make use of those other houses.

milk experiment

Post by milk experiment »

You know that "My Little Pony with Censor Bleeps" video that makes it seem like the ponies have filthy mouths? Same thing, but for Skyrim.

Adamas

Post by Adamas »

Most of them involves a quest for the Jarl and being made Thane. For Solitude you have to run the Wolfskull chain from Firebeard the Steward, and help 5 of Solitude's residents...Or take it over for Ulfric, not sure if Solitude has that option or not.
Aquila89 wrote:It's really nice how a conversation about linguistics overlaps with a debate about strap-ons.
A good friend comforts you and talks you down when you are angry. A best friend skips along side you, carrying a baseball bat, and chanting, ‘Somebody’s gonna get it!"
Chelvo56 wrote:Sorry, but when the sentence "It is wrong to go into a foreign country, take out your weapon and enforce your will there", coming from an US-diplomat, was generallly laughed at, you might want to think why.

sanzo

Post by sanzo »

Almost there then; I finished the first part of the Wolfskull quest, which was awesome might I add (I love slitting necromancer throats, it fills me with glee), and I think I've done 3 or 4 miscellaneous quests

EDIT:

ok, got my house; 25k, that's a definite hit to my pocketbook, gonna have to hit up a few more dungeons

Adamas

Post by Adamas »

yeah it is. but is is quite LARGE. just remember you won't need every dragonbone/scale you acquire( Dragonplate needs like 13 scales and 6 bone to forge while Dragonscale only needs 14 scales to forge.) That and I like Daedric armor if I'm going heavy better.

Tenjen
Friskeh Lynx Kitteh

Post by Tenjen »

Fucking giants protecting their mammoths. Will use slow poison. Giant hit me so hard my body was flying in the frikkin sky
ImageImageImage