ITT you discuss Skyrim

Whether your tastes lean towards playing Halo or watching DVDs all day, this is the place to chat about anime, video games, TV shows, movies, toys, and more.

Moderators: Don Alexander, midgetshrimp

Tenjen
Friskeh Lynx Kitteh
Location: doing his business in his litterbox. WTF YOU LOOKIN AT?!

Re: ITT you discuss Skyrim

Post by Tenjen »

what did you make :3
Affro Shaman of the Forum and Deranged Elder Lynx of the Caves. Perpetuater of warm-hearted irrelevance and lynx kitteh of affectionate inflictions.
ImageImageImage
Artemisia wrote:Wait...are we reenacting Ma3 here with ballistic cats?

Artemisia
Mistress of Oddities

Post by Artemisia »

I have a High Elf named Skye. She's lvl 4 now, in fact :)
"I'm going to do what I do best...lecture her."- Twilight Sparkle (My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic)
"Hello, I'm a lizard woman from the dawn of time, and this is my wife." - Madam Vastra (Doctor Who "The Snowmen")
"There's no point in being grown up if you can't be childish sometimes." The 4th Doctor Doctor Who "Robot"

Tenjen
Friskeh Lynx Kitteh

Post by Tenjen »

awesome!

oh and check out the MMOXREVIEW guy i pointed out, keep a list of good quality of life mods out for yourself :D
Affro Shaman of the Forum and Deranged Elder Lynx of the Caves. Perpetuater of warm-hearted irrelevance and lynx kitteh of affectionate inflictions.
ImageImageImage

Hurbster

Post by Hurbster »

Not played for a while, thought I'd get back into it for the new expansion. So I tried to update a bunch of mods using nmm. A couple of them (Immersive weapons and armour) just crash out on me, which is unfortunate as my char is pretty much using weapons and armour from those mods.
"We're only immortal for a limited time. " - Dreamline.

TellusEidolon
Just an Anomalous Phantasm
Location: Ducklair Tower, Downtown Duckburg, on the 151st floor.

Post by TellusEidolon »

Could either be a load order issue, or that you might have another mod conflicting with them.
Artificial does not mean obtuse! ~Uno from Paperinik's New Adventures.
It is important to draw wisdom from different places. If you take it from only one place it become rigid and stale. ~Iroh
You can't make an omelette without ruthlessly crushing dozens of eggs beneath your steel boot and then publicly disemboweling the chickens that laid them as a warning to others. ~Tarquin
The skin stretched and tanned, the striped suit sown into the flesh itself, the killer donned a new body, giggling to no one, "Wears Waldo."
This is here for future reference.

Adamas

Post by Adamas »

I use BOSS to check my Load orders. It usually fixes crashes like that right up,mostly, but there's a couple that HAVE to be at or near the bottom of the list that BOSS puts wrong, so it's a good idea to check afterwards.
Aquila89 wrote:It's really nice how a conversation about linguistics overlaps with a debate about strap-ons.
A good friend comforts you and talks you down when you are angry. A best friend skips along side you, carrying a baseball bat, and chanting, ‘Somebody’s gonna get it!"
Chelvo56 wrote:Sorry, but when the sentence "It is wrong to go into a foreign country, take out your weapon and enforce your will there", coming from an US-diplomat, was generallly laughed at, you might want to think why.
And to keep for future reference: Image

Tenjen
Friskeh Lynx Kitteh

Post by Tenjen »

does fallout NV have this BOSS mod? I've had no stuff like that happen but since i have quite a stable base of addons now, future ones i choose might through them off quilter.

unfortunately i have skyrim on the xbox. (didnt have a pc at the time cause it died and I NEEDED TO FUCKING PLAY IT AND IT WAS GLORIOUS) and dont intend to get it on the pc anytime soon or in the mid-term.

nad yes iam more excited that art has skyrim than she probaly is, LET ME LIVE THROUGH YOUUUUUU

Ahem*

Art would you mind if i hunted down some neat, non interfering addons for you to enhance the experience skyrim has to offer, without changing its tone, intended feel and plot story wise?

also how strong is your system?
ImageImageImage

Artemisia
Mistress of Oddities

Post by Artemisia »

I would love it if you would, though I probably won't be able to play for a few days until I get use to the new levels of my medication.
"I'm going to do what I do best...lecture her."- Twilight Sparkle (My Little Pony: Friendship is Magic)
"Hello, I'm a lizard woman from the dawn of time, and this is my wife." - Madam Vastra (Doctor Who "The Snowmen")
"There's no point in being grown up if you can't be childish sometimes." The 4th Doctor Doctor Who "Robot"

Adamas

Post by Adamas »

Ten, unless there's an issue I don't know about the BOSS for Skyrim is the same for NV. I think the new NMM lets you import/export load orders (not sure why, maybe carrying mods to a new comp?) and will catalog Mods by type, (weapons,clothing,companions,etc. etc.)
Aquila89 wrote:It's really nice how a conversation about linguistics overlaps with a debate about strap-ons.
A good friend comforts you and talks you down when you are angry. A best friend skips along side you, carrying a baseball bat, and chanting, ‘Somebody’s gonna get it!"
Chelvo56 wrote:Sorry, but when the sentence "It is wrong to go into a foreign country, take out your weapon and enforce your will there", coming from an US-diplomat, was generallly laughed at, you might want to think why.
And to keep for future reference: Image

Tenjen
Friskeh Lynx Kitteh

Post by Tenjen »

I'll check out my NMM then. Is there a mod for arranging my loads by character rather than them being clumped into the same save list?

Something i should look for in skyrim too for art (dont know if the PC version already has this but it is ASS on the xbox to not have it)
ImageImageImage

TellusEidolon
Just an Anomalous Phantasm
Location: Ducklair Tower, Downtown Duckburg, on the 151st floor.

Post by TellusEidolon »

What you want is the TESV Save game manager. ;)
Artificial does not mean obtuse! ~Uno from Paperinik's New Adventures.
It is important to draw wisdom from different places. If you take it from only one place it become rigid and stale. ~Iroh
You can't make an omelette without ruthlessly crushing dozens of eggs beneath your steel boot and then publicly disemboweling the chickens that laid them as a warning to others. ~Tarquin
The skin stretched and tanned, the striped suit sown into the flesh itself, the killer donned a new body, giggling to no one, "Wears Waldo."
This is here for future reference.

Artemisia
Mistress of Oddities

Post by Artemisia »

:( I'm going to have to hold off playing Skyrim for a while. It's still making me rather nauseous.

Tenjen
Friskeh Lynx Kitteh

Post by Tenjen »

:< still the turning?
ImageImageImage

Artemisia
Mistress of Oddities

Post by Artemisia »

Yeah. It isn't as bad as it was, but there's something about the lighting. I'll have to go in and fiddle with the settings at some point to see if I can make it easier to play for me.

Tenjen
Friskeh Lynx Kitteh

Post by Tenjen »

i'll go see if theres any mods which change the lighting and field of depth to more manageable levels.

There should be FoV shifters in the options, or maybe you could activate your AntiAliasing Transparency in your graphic driver options (this is a bit more tougher on processing though), makes some things lighter on the eyes.
ImageImageImage