MLP

Whether your tastes lean towards playing Halo or watching DVDs all day, this is the place to chat about anime, video games, TV shows, movies, toys, and more.

Moderators: Don Alexander, midgetshrimp

Searcher
Skipper of the S.S.Shipper

Re: MLP

Post by Searcher »

Image :D
"Vegetarian: an old Iroquois word for Bad Hunter." Stolen from Azrael
“My books are like water, those of the great geniuses are wine. (Fortunately) everybody drinks water.” ~Samuel Langhorne Clemens
Robin Williams, a man who used his natural talents to make people smile, to laugh, to spread joy, to let everyone else feel alive; so no one else ever had to suffer as much as he has.

Ravenhull
Not a Weirdo

Post by Ravenhull »

Some pics that are kinda spoilerish for Lesson Zero

Who is scarier?

"Don't call me a dirty old man.... Cuz I'm not old... I'm of a fine vintage..."
"Get your mind out the gutter... you're crowding me."

Searcher

Post by Searcher »

Am I the only one who is :-s about Fluttershy? See this -->

It is always the quiet ones. :-s

Over all I like the show; some of it got annoying like Rarity, but she is a Drama Queen x10 to the power 15, it was expected ... although towards the end Twilight was kind of freaking me out. If I was the CMC I might have run away after she popped out of that ball

As was said on ponychan; Big Mac was a shout out to all the bronies ... running away with the toy meant for little girls i =)) when I saw that part.

Now for pics :

Image That is the first time she has worn dark shades ... yea they know what bronies want
http://cheezburger.com/View/5314716928
“My books are like water, those of the great geniuses are wine. (Fortunately) everybody drinks water.” ~Samuel Langhorne Clemens
Robin Williams, a man who used his natural talents to make people smile, to laugh, to spread joy, to let everyone else feel alive; so no one else ever had to suffer as much as he has.

Ravenhull
Not a Weirdo

Post by Ravenhull »

I loved Rarity whipping out a faiting couch out of nowhere. :))

milk experiment

Post by milk experiment »

Spoilerish ep 3 musings...

It speaks well of Twilight that she was able to avoid a full Cutie Mark Failure Insanity Syndrome breakdown until season 2, but when she breaks she shatters. And having powerful magic at her command when it happens is a recipe for disaster. Holy crap. :-o

This episode was funny and still kid-friendly, but it also had more mayhem and conflict than most season 1 episodes. I notice that the E/I bug is still missing, and that the narrative purpose of the ep seems to be breaking out of the one-aesop-per-episode format. I'm curious where they're going to go with the added freedom this gives them.

Overall, great episode. Drama Queen Rarity was funny and CMFIS Twilight was hilarious but kinda creepy. This face will haunt my dreams.
Searcher wrote:It is always the quiet ones. :-s
I wouldn't worry about Fluttershy too much. She was just giving that bear a massage. See? :)
Searcher wrote:Image :D
Heh. When I saw that, I thought "searcher's going to like this." :)

Oh, one more thing about that episode...

If Dash is now good enough at sonic rainbooms to trigger them at will for barn demolition, how is she not in the Wonder Bolts already? You'd think the combination of getting a heroic champion of Equestria on the team with her being able to pull off a spectacular stunt once considered to be the stuff of pony myth would guarantee her a job with them. Maybe she's using them so frequently now that everypony's gotten bored with it. Or maybe I'm way overthinking a cartoon about magical talking ponies. :ymblushing:

Ravenhull
Not a Weirdo

Post by Ravenhull »

Slugbox did a cute one that actually didn't need to be behind an NSFW link...

Back to the episode itself, I gotta wonder if they are trying to nudge a BigSparkle ship there...

milk experiment

Random Wanderer

Post by Random Wanderer »

Ye gods, Twilight. That was one hell of a breakdown. I... wow. I really don't know what to say after seeing that. That's the craziest I've ever seen one of these ponies go, which takes some real work, let me tell you.

In other news, Twilight's shown some real improvement with her teleportation skills. Now she just needs to remember she has them at times when they'd be useful. For that matter, she often seems to forget the most basic unicorn power: telekinesis. When people are playing keep-away (for example), rather than wading in to try and get the object in question, would it not be simpler to just grab it with magic?

Searcher

Post by Searcher »

Hurbster wrote:

snatched it from funny bunny pic thread lol yea I agree with whoever said that smile will haunt me. WOuldn't be suprise if they start using that picture for all the crazy ax weilding posters instead of Pinkie Pie. :-? Wonder if I should makea holloween mask out of that?????

Searcher

Post by Searcher »

Ravenhull wrote:Slugbox did a cute one that actually didn't need to be behind an NSFW link...

Back to the episode itself, I gotta wonder if they are trying to nudge a BigSparkle ship there...
/:) umm I think you mean TwiPie right? :p :))

Ravenhull
Not a Weirdo

Post by Ravenhull »

Manning a ship, are we, Searcher? :))

Searcher

Post by Searcher »

I would say that I am steering it straight and true ... but straight may not be the best word. :))

Lighthawk
Killer GM

Post by Lighthawk »

Wow...and I thought Pinkie's breakdown was as creepy as they could get away with. Sure showed me with this one. Not much to say that hasn't been said yet...except that Celestia actually showed she's got more going for her than just the sun thing as far as power goes. Not to mention knowing how to make a hell of an entrance.
Holder of the Elder Scepter of Ebilnes, Elected Supreme Ruler
"Who are you? I mean, you're me, but I'm me too. How can there be two 'me's? It's not scientifically possible. You are not scientifically possible!" -Twilight Sparkle, to her future self.
Yira wrote:Whatever, labels are stupid. ...Unless it's a label gun, then we're talking tons of fun. "Mine! Mine! Mine! Mine! ...This is an awesome bar stool, but you can have it."

Count de Money

Post by Count de Money »

Had a rather hectic day, but I did see Ep 3 (thank goodness for the free preview of the Hub Network).

I don't think OCD is the correct term for Twilight Sparkle. I'd say she's severely anal retentive.

Pinkamina? Ha! Flutterrage? Pffft! Nopony has anything on Maniac Sparkle. She went so far as to cause a riot just to satisfy her obsessive need to be the perfect scholar. That sequence where Twilight went crazier and crazier was epic and reached its height with the infamous little laugh she did when she popped out of the bushes before assailing the Cutie Mark Crusaders. I would love to see the video of Tara Strong recording that laugh in the studio. That is nightmare fuel.

Check out the new and improved Smarty Pants, now with real homework-solving accessories!

I laughed at Rarity the Drama Queen, and I have named Rainbow Dash's new move the sonic rainbomb.

Of course Princess Celestia would have to come and spoil the fun. Maybe Discord was right about her ...

I can't believe Derpy got a close-up, and Big Macintosh still loved Smarty Pants, even after the want-it, need-it spell was broken.

The ending was a bit of a wet blanket, but for the 20 minutes of awesome before it, I won't be too hard on this episode.

EDIT: The new opening is all right. Voices sound a little more epic, and the addition of the train part was O.K. Also, badass Fluttershy the bear wrestler was 20% cooler.
"Tall and dark and really handsome ... the hunk from Oo-Oo-Nima's real dumb ... And when he strolls, each one he strolls by goes, 'BLEAAAAAAH!'"
-- Dot Warner

milk experiment

One of the (many) unexpected things from today's show -- in just one episode, Spike has far surpassed Pinkie's moments of 4th wall breakage. Examples: