How anime affects your life?

Whether your tastes lean towards playing Halo or watching DVDs all day, this is the place to chat about anime, video games, TV shows, movies, toys, and more.

Moderators: Don Alexander, midgetshrimp

Dose anima affect your life?

Poll ended at Sat Oct 20, 2007 11:21 pm

Total votes: 0

Martyr

Post by Martyr »

DawnBandit wrote:
Peregrin wrote:Hey hey, don't worry about it, Dawn. I'm a closet case, too. Except that no one would read over my shoulder, they'd just ostracize me. I am of a rare breed at my school. Academically motivated, socially involved, AND a geek. It just doesn't work for most people.

So yeah, I keep the anime and manga to myself, mostly.
Yeah. I get excellent grades, am rather approachable (compared to my pretty weirdo friends. >>), and yet... a giant nerd.

It feels good sometimes (and yet so awkward) to talk anime and manga with the School Asians (as I call them), though.
haha, my friends says he talks mostly with us asian people because we know everything about anime-but thats not true, anime does kinda effect your taste in music though-just alittle for me
"If life gives you a bad hand-cheat"
-GTO

Keyblade Master Sora

Post by Keyblade Master Sora »

Martyr wrote:
DawnBandit wrote:
Peregrin wrote:Hey hey, don't worry about it, Dawn. I'm a closet case, too. Except that no one would read over my shoulder, they'd just ostracize me. I am of a rare breed at my school. Academically motivated, socially involved, AND a geek. It just doesn't work for most people.

So yeah, I keep the anime and manga to myself, mostly.
Yeah. I get excellent grades, am rather approachable (compared to my pretty weirdo friends. >>), and yet... a giant nerd.

It feels good sometimes (and yet so awkward) to talk anime and manga with the School Asians (as I call them), though.
haha, my friends says he talks mostly with us asian people because we know everything about anime-but thats not true, anime does kinda effect your taste in music though-just alittle for me
Really? After watching some anime I suddenly love listening to Japanese music and nothing else.

Peregrin

Post by Peregrin »

Keyblade Master Sora wrote:
Martyr wrote:
DawnBandit wrote:Yeah. I get excellent grades, am rather approachable (compared to my pretty weirdo friends. >>), and yet... a giant nerd.

Really? After watching some anime I suddenly love listening to Japanese music and nothing else.
At one point I thought that I liked Japanese music because I found most anime intros/outros to be addicting and fun to listen to. Then I tried listening to J-pop without the anime association. Bad times were had, proving the old adage: "Just because J-pop is addicting doesn't mean that it is good."

Martyr

Post by Martyr »

Peregrin wrote:
Martyr wrote: haha, my friends says he talks mostly with us asian people because we know everything about anime-but thats not true, anime does kinda effect your taste in music though-just alittle for me
At one point I thought that I liked Japanese music because I found most anime intros/outros to be addicting and fun to listen to. Then I tried listening to J-pop without the anime association. Bad times were had, proving the old adage: "Just because J-pop is addicting doesn't mean that it is good."
its true man...i know how u feel
-GTO

StrateryB

Post by StrateryB »

Peregrin wrote:
Martyr wrote: haha, my friends says he talks mostly with us asian people because we know everything about anime-but thats not true, anime does kinda effect your taste in music though-just alittle for me

that's VERY true, I tried to listen to J-pop without the anime connection and I couldn't stand it

bishi of flame

Post by bishi of flame »

StrateryB wrote:
Peregrin wrote:
that's VERY true, I tried to listen to J-pop without the anime connection and I couldn't stand it
Yeah i was addicted to band Dir en grey for awhile, and it had no anime conection?(i love D.techno life, but UVERworld sucks lol)
Smells like children!

Martyr

Post by Martyr »

at least japanese music is not as bad as thai music
can anime make u smarter?yes yes it can-so can video games(not all the time tho...)
some random old lady asked me this question...i don't blame her
there are ways anime can make u crazy tho, take japanese otakus for example
-GTO

StrateryB

Post by StrateryB »

Martyr wrote:at least japanese music is not as bad as thai music
can anime make u smarter?yes yes it can-so can video games(not all the time tho...)
I like anime/manga but I'm no otaku(I think...)some people are super crazy though, they have to buy every figurine and every poster, no offense to people who do, I just can't do it

Ryokosha
Hidden Lawsuit

Post by Ryokosha »

I guess this is one way it has played with my mind at least... I was sitting beside a beautiful but unknown girl on the subway recently and I hate to admit it but every single anime scenario I have seen of such a situation rapidly played through my head... none of which happened sad to say. :sweat:
It gives one a great sense of satisfaction to do it in perfect unison. Michelle Cheung

DaniDaniDanica

Post by DaniDaniDanica »

StrateryB wrote:
I like anime/manga but I'm no otaku(I think...)some people are super crazy though, they have to buy every figurine and every poster, no offense to people who do, I just can't do it
And then there's the people at your school who attend the last day in cosplay.

*Shakes head*
[img]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v305/MirielleChan/Pleinairsig.png[/img]
[url=http://danidanidanica.sheezyart.com/]~¤Cheezy Sheezy¤[/url]~[url=http://miriellechan.deviantart.com/]¤Devious Deviant¤~[/url]
[url=http://www.gomanga.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=5589]Project Gomanga: The RPG[/url]

Martyr

Post by Martyr »

DaniDaniDanica wrote:
StrateryB wrote:
And then there's the people at your school who attend the last day in cosplay.

*Shakes head*
and then there's people at school who say "thy" "thou" or ask to be nicknamed after an anime character...sad-no offense to people that do...
-GTO

DaniDaniDanica

Post by DaniDaniDanica »

Sometimes my friends call me "Yuki" from the Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya, but not on a daily basis and only as a joke.

And I forgot to mention this, but I actually do get some of the figurines... but I don't go crazy over collecting them. I just like to try to get certain characters. Liiiiiiike Flonne from the Disgaea figurine sets, for example.
[img]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v305/MirielleChan/Pleinairsig.png[/img]
[url=http://danidanidanica.sheezyart.com/]~¤Cheezy Sheezy¤[/url]~[url=http://miriellechan.deviantart.com/]¤Devious Deviant¤~[/url]
[url=http://www.gomanga.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=5589]Project Gomanga: The RPG[/url]

Lord Styphon

Post by Lord Styphon »

Martyr wrote:and then there's people at school who say "thy" "thou" or ask to be nicknamed after an anime character...sad-no offense to people that do...
"I am going to say openly that people do something that I feel is stupid are pathetic! At the same time, I am going to hedge my bets and make a lame 'no offense' comment after I say that I think what they do is stupid to hopefully lessen the impact of insulting these people if there are any actually here to take offense at me saying that they're pathetic!"

StrateryB

Post by StrateryB »

I was walking down the street and saw a guy with the Naruto haircut and a Naruto bag, he was with his female friend saying "Believe it".......poor girl

Martyr

Post by Martyr »

Lord Styphon wrote:
Martyr wrote:and then there's people at school who say "thy" "thou" or ask to be nicknamed after an anime character...sad-no offense to people that do...
"I am going to say openly that people do something that I feel is stupid are pathetic! At the same time, I am going to hedge my bets and make a lame 'no offense' comment after I say that I think what they do is stupid to hopefully lessen the impact of insulting these people if there are any actually here to take offense at me saying that they're pathetic!"
heh-ya got me
i guess i was trying to make it a little lighter(no way u can)- otherwise doing those things-yeah its pathectic. i mean, man, its not worth doing(for real)
to strateryB>i'd be laughing if i were u
-GTO