Dead Fantasy III, IV, & V...

Whether your tastes lean towards playing Halo or watching DVDs all day, this is the place to chat about anime, video games, TV shows, movies, toys, and more.

Moderators: Don Alexander, midgetshrimp

Peregrin

Post by Peregrin »

kratos auron wrote:
Peregrin wrote:
kratos auron wrote:Well, those were incredibly awesome, although I dare not venture into the comments as I know there will be tons of cloud fangasm.

Although these episodes were awesome as hell, I am disappointed at the lack of Rinoa action, seeing how epic she was in ep II.
Also, It should have been Tidus who saves Yuna, rather than cloud. would have been much more impacting. (at least imo)

I am rather excited to see where he takes the plot though, now that there seems to be one growing. (as simple or cliche as it may be)
Yeah. Seriously. F**k Cloud. He's such a whiny, emo b*tch.
For one of the first times, I can't tell if that is sarcasm or not...
Well, it really isn't so much. That being said, I haven't actually played FF7, so take it with a grain of salt. I did see Advent Children, though.

kratos auron

Post by kratos auron »

Euphenia wrote:I know, seriously, wtf? Why do the FF characters get their a*s kicked, and those other people don't?
Um, if you watch the videos closely, the FF girls are kicking major ass through the entire series.

In EP's I and II, it is pure FF ownage. The FF girls are beating the living daylights out of the DoA girls, with almost no return fighting. Sure they fall over once or twice, but that's about it. And then Rinoa came in went god mode on them all.

In these new episodes, Tifa did indeed get her ass handed to her by Hitomi. Yuna was at a huge disadvantage though. There was what, 30 or more kasumi's against about 8 Aeons? And she still was managing fairly well. Now Tifa did the generic, make a comeback after getting fatally wounded, but she still killed at least 15 of those ninjas before falling.

So in all reality, the FF girls have been pwning, they are just at a disadvantage of numbers. Also we haven't seen Rinoa and Riku yet. So can't wait for Rinoa's ep.
[img]http://i18.photobucket.com/albums/b115/kratos_auron/messy.png[/img]

Euphenia

Post by Euphenia »

Yes, but I was mostly pissed off that the DoA girls don't get injured, and I am personally a fan of Tifa, so I got really angry with her fighting scene.

I can't wait for Rinoa's episode either, I want her to kick a**.

Reven

Post by Reven »

That wouldn't be hard to do, seeing what she has already been capable of pulling off.

Keyblade Master Sora

Post by Keyblade Master Sora »

Man I was so glad when they came out. Tifa and Hitomi's fight was pure awesome. But it always seems when someone uses a blind fighting style they always kick the other person's butt.

Dead Fantasy IV had Yuna as a summoner which totally made my day. Personally I thought Bahumat died a little to early. And the use of Cloud was okay I think he could have done something else though.

Dead Fantasy V incorporates MountyOum's new perspective that he talk about. Though he makes these out of popularity and commitment he also improves himself. The animation is very smooth and very realistic to real life martial arts combine with the usual FF pwnage.

All in all Mounty has yet again made awesome movies for our entertaiment. But at the end of the 5th when I saw the city I kept having the thought that Rufus Shinra was helping out Helena Douglas with financial aid or something...

Euphenia

Post by Euphenia »

Hey, what happens in the fifth one? My computer wouldn't let me watch it.

kratos auron

Post by kratos auron »

Look it up on Youtube, it's been uploaded there as well.

Martyr

Post by Martyr »

Peregrin wrote:Well, it really isn't so much. That being said, I haven't actually played FF7, so take it with a grain of salt. I did see Advent Children, though.
Yeah, he was pretty badass in FF7, maybe with some gloom along the way anyway. Just in Advent Children he went super emo. I'm more happy Hayabusa's in there.
"If life gives you a bad hand-cheat"
-GTO

Mifune

Post by Mifune »

Wait...Cloud is the emo? COMPARED TO SQUALL!? Er...we did play the same games, right? :sweat:

Anyways...Locke should show up equipped with Genji Gloves, Offering Box, Ragnarok in one hand, and ATMA in the other.
Fiat Justitia, Ne Pereat Mundus!
Let Justice Be Done, Lest the World Perish!

Euphenia

Post by Euphenia »

Squall is not emo. Cloud can be at times, but Squall isn't. He just prefers to do things on his own. Cloud whines and says that he can't save the day again.

Although in FF 7, he wasn't emo. Because he actually tried to save the world, without complaining.

StrateryB

Post by StrateryB »

Mifune wrote:Wait...Cloud is the emo? COMPARED TO SQUALL!? Er...we did play the same games, right? :sweat:

Anyways...Locke should show up equipped with Genji Gloves, Offering Box, Ragnarok in one hand, and ATMA in the other.
Oh yeah, Squall was emo too.
Well, they're both emo then, I mean, Japan has a thing for emo leads.

The one thing I hated about Squall was that one minute he pushes Rinoa away, the next, he wants her back. But, I would like the see him in DF instead of Cloud. Maybe a team battle with Cloud would be nice or something.

kratos auron

Post by kratos auron »

You guys are no good at analyzing characters are you?

Squall is not, or ever was, emo. He was a loner.
He didn't really know what he was fighting for, and had no real goal, so he was never really into what he was doing in the first place. (Even though he was indeed one of the best.)
The only reason he even joined SEED was to show "sis" that he could stand on his own two feet after she left. If you recall, she was the only one Squall really opened up to in the orphanage. After she left, he rarely spoke to the others.
Squall preferred to do things on his own. He never wanted anyone to have to rely on him, and he never wanted to have to rely on anyone else. After all, he could stand on his own two feet, "sis" would be proud of him.
It wasn't until he met Rinoa, with her clingy and overly impulsive personality that finally began to bring Squall out of his shell.
You all say he was pushing her away one moment, then wanting her back the next. It's not easy to change the way you are, and Squall was always a loner. But if you watch, he did start hanging around, and caring for others more gradually then you say as the game went on. It wasn't until the thought of truly "losing" one of those people that pushed him to his senses.

Euphenia

Post by Euphenia »

kratos auron wrote:Squall is not, or ever was, emo. He was a loner.
That is what I said, that he prefers to do things by himself. Which what I meant was, that he was indeed a loner. And not emo.

Martyr

Post by Martyr »

Mifune wrote:Wait...Cloud is the emo? COMPARED TO SQUALL!? Er...we did play the same games, right? :sweat:
Well, Cloud and Squall would hardly be considered emo compared to Tidus! Hey maybe the guy got some back-ups but he has his own 10 second cut scene of himself bawling. I'm just picking on him though, Tidus had some good points as well.
"If life gives you a bad hand-cheat"
-GTO

StrateryB

Post by StrateryB »

Seriously off-topic now...
what's it matter, both Cloud and Squall whine a lot. About different things, but they both whine.

Oh, this was bugging me, but anyone know who the ninja girl at the end of DFV is? In the scene where they save Kasumi? I know her...but I can't put my finger on it...