12-11-16 [AAJ] Agent Down 2

Luna may be the perfect secret agent, but can she survive her toughest challenge yet--fitting in at high school?

Moderator: Adam_Arnold

Ravenhull
Not a Weirdo

12-11-16 [AAJ] Agent Down 2

Post by Ravenhull »

"Don't call me a dirty old man.... Cuz I'm not old... I'm of a fine vintage..."
"Get your mind out the gutter... you're crowding me."

Thor

Re: 12-11-16 [AAJ] Agent Down 2

Post by Thor »

Wow.

That guy was a douche to the very end.
PLEASE NOTE: I have sig display off in my preferences, so please don't assume that I can read yours. Thank you.

Ravenhull
Not a Weirdo

Post by Ravenhull »

Well, there is a reason I added this trope to the TVTropes entry for AAJ.

Tenjen
Friskeh Lynx Kitteh
Location: doing his business in his litterbox. WTF YOU LOOKIN AT?!

Post by Tenjen »

Thor wrote:Wow.

That guy was a douche to the very end.
Affro Shaman of the Forum and Deranged Elder Lynx of the Caves. Perpetuater of warm-hearted irrelevance and lynx kitteh of affectionate inflictions.
ImageImageImage
Artemisia wrote:Wait...are we reenacting Ma3 here with ballistic cats?

Dark Komet

Post by Dark Komet »

so tragic

Edmon

Post by Edmon »

It seems like I'm the devils advocate here, but I'm glad he's died and not for the reasons listed here by others.

However misguided he may be (though I suspect he got his orders from control and thus isn't a traitor), he is selfless and his heart certainly is in the right place. Had he survived and/or not been caught he would likely have only be made miserable by Jennifier. He isn't telling her he loves her to hurt her, he's probably just saying because thats how he feels and she's got that "why?" look of horror on her face. To be honest, when you've been shot and you are in shock, you are not really thinking about what affect your death or what you say is going to have on those your leaving behind.

To be honest, I find Jennifier is the most self-centered and selfish character I've seen in a story in a long time. I am struggling to like her. Now, I do feel sorry for her, she is obviously a product of her upbringing. However, instead of resolving to not be like her father, she's turned into him almost entirely. That demanding, controlling, streak that makes him want to force her into making his business a success is the very same one that drives her to perfection in everything she does at the expense of everyone else (if need be).

It's all there if you look for it:
Getting everything she wants at any cost? Check.
Ignoring all others to pursue all her own desires? Check.
Disobeying orders? Check.
No ability to compromise or forgive? Check.

Some of the most massive blunders in this small arc alone include:
> Checking the gunshots when told not to. Your an agent, follow your orders for gods sake.
> Not taking a diplomatic or discussion route with him, hoping to resolve what happened later when they are out of danger.
> Fighting when she should have disengaged, getting her (ex-)boyfriend killed and endangering herself, master control and the mission.

I don't know, I really feel like this:

Ravenhull
Not a Weirdo

Post by Ravenhull »

I don't know if you are reading AAL too, but one of the secondary storylines in that book is Jennifer's slowly thawing, though she still has issues. In many ways, AAJ is getting to see why she is so flawed in the first place.

Passing Through

Post by Passing Through »

Edmon wrote:It seems like I'm the devils advocate here, but I'm glad he's died and not for the reasons listed here by others.

However misguided he may be (though I suspect he got his orders from control and thus isn't a traitor), he is selfless and his heart certainly is in the right place. Had he survived and/or not been caught he would likely have only be made miserable by Jennifier. He isn't telling her he loves her to hurt her, he's probably just saying because thats how he feels and she's got that "why?" look of horror on her face. To be honest, when you've been shot and you are in shock, you are not really thinking about what affect your death or what you say is going to have on those your leaving behind.

To be honest, I find Jennifier is the most self-centered and selfish character I've seen in a story in a long time. I am struggling to like her. Now, I do feel sorry for her, she is obviously a product of her upbringing. However, instead of resolving to not be like her father, she's turned into him almost entirely. That demanding, controlling, streak that makes him want to force her into making his business a success is the very same one that drives her to perfection in everything she does at the expense of everyone else (if need be).

It's all there if you look for it:
Getting everything she wants at any cost? Check.
Ignoring all others to pursue all her own desires? Check.
Disobeying orders? Check.
No ability to compromise or forgive? Check.

Some of the most massive blunders in this small arc alone include:
> Checking the gunshots when told not to. Your an agent, follow your orders for gods sake.
> Not taking a diplomatic or discussion route with him, hoping to resolve what happened later when they are out of danger.
> Fighting when she should have disengaged, getting her (ex-)boyfriend killed and endangering herself, master control and the mission.

I don't know, I really feel like this:
Oh, I quite agree.