[AHoriginal] - Craziest College Freebies?

Follow the trials and tribulations of two down-on-their-luck college guys who join an anime club dominated by crazed yaoi fangirls! (Archived forum section.)

Moderator: Adam_Arnold

Adam_Arnold
Squad-Mod

[AHoriginal] - Craziest College Freebies?

Post by Adam_Arnold »

Okay, we all know the college Bookstore in Aoi House (and mine for that matter) was giving out free samples of NyQuil and condoms, but I wanna know if anyone can top that!

What's the absolute craziest thing your school or college has given out free (or even made you pay for)?
Last edited by Giz on Wed May 11, 2005 7:46 am, edited 1 time in total.

Hakumei Hizoku

Post by Hakumei Hizoku »

I GET STUFF LIKE SHAMPHOO, DETERRENT, TOOTHPASTE, TOOTHBRUSH, BODY WASH, AND ONCE COLONG. IT'S SAD REALLY WHAT THEY HAND OUT THESE DAYS.
[url=http://www.youtube.com/twilightbandit][img]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v732/twilightchan/Twi-kuncopy.jpg?t=1264198264[/img][/url]

Hai

Post by Hai »

Mercy! I do really live in the boring part of the world! The only thing I got out of college was bad education.

Cheers!
HAI!

Adam_Arnold
Squad-Mod

Post by Adam_Arnold »

Wow. o_o

I don't know why, but just hearing your stories brought back flashbacks to Napoleon Dynamite. It's like something you'd expect to see in that flick!

Probably the coolest thing I've ever gotten from a teacher was back when I was in high school and Mrs. Natoli, my second year Spanish teacher, went on the Rosie O'Donnell show and did this fire twirling act and brought back T-shirts for a few of her students. Notice I said Spanish...I was also on the newspaper staff and was always their computer tech and my teacher didn't care where I was...so I'd skip and be in the Japanese class as an observer.

I also never went to lunch. I would always go into the library and read comic books and manga. This was 1996-1999, btw.

When I was in college, I'd go to the student center and read MixxZine/TOKYOPOP magazine, Animerica Extra, Super Manga Blast!, Smile, Pulp and whatever else in addition to studying.

Adam_Arnold
Squad-Mod

Post by Adam_Arnold »

Your favorite music might made a nice topic. I was thinking about asking suggestions on stuff to try, but go sidetracked. Feel free to create something like that. But I agree, any music from a language you aren't familiar with tends to sound awesome. A lot of European techno and dance tracks are like that. I try to download those "Deep Dance" mixes whenever I can find them.

And yes, school was both horribly borring and interesting at the same time. There were quite a few times where I'd go to class and no do anything except layout translation print outs and read along in which ever Sailor Moon tankoubon I brought with me that day. Teachers didn't care...I was keeping quit and out of their hair.

Hakumei Hizoku

Post by Hakumei Hizoku »

I USED 2 AND STILL DO IN COLLEGE DOZE OFF OR DAYDREAM. I SLEEP BETTER IN CLASS THAN AT HOME WEIRD HUH :?
[url=http://www.youtube.com/twilightbandit][img]http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v732/twilightchan/Twi-kuncopy.jpg?t=1264198264[/img][/url]

Adam_Arnold
Squad-Mod

Post by Adam_Arnold »

Well, Alegbra was fine. Stuff like Geometry, Trigonometry and Calculus were a total waste of a few good brain cells that could have been applied to reading the latest issue of Super Manga Blast! instead of being bored out of my mind. Seriously, if a teacher asked us to memorize an equation...I'd just write it my mechanical pencil for the next test.

Now English is another story. Yes, you need that. I don't think teachers should be as insane about grammar and give well written papers with good idea bad grades because they miss a single comma. Heck, college teaches you outdated and incorrect punctuation rules anyway. Case and point would be a serial comma. You know... "apples, oranges and bananas" instead of "apples, oranges, and bananas."

The former is the correct way that any newspaper or normal publisher would want it, but colleges and schools want the later for no reason.

Even though I hated P.E., I do feel schools need to have more P.E. than they do. Heck, put P.E. at the end of the school day. That would be a nice reward. It'd be like recess.