AOI HOUSE (Week 167-169) - Escape from Silent Hill!

Follow the trials and tribulations of two down-on-their-luck college guys who join an anime club dominated by crazed yaoi fangirls! (Archived forum section.)

Moderator: Adam_Arnold

Adam_Arnold
Squad-Mod

Post by Adam_Arnold »

kratos auron wrote:Holy Crap, Adam worked on G Gundam? I just found the 2nd issue of that at my Waldenbooks for $3 just a couple of days ago! (Of course it was on the bargain bin, and they probably had it for like... 4 years or so.)
Yeah, I actually asked if I could work on G Gundam, ironically enough.

kratos auron

Post by kratos auron »

Adam Arnold wrote:
kratos auron wrote:Holy Crap, Adam worked on G Gundam? I just found the 2nd issue of that at my Waldenbooks for $3 just a couple of days ago! (Of course it was on the bargain bin, and they probably had it for like... 4 years or so.)
Yeah, I actually asked if I could work on G Gundam, ironically enough.
I just found your name on the inside cover page. That's pretty insane...
T.T I wish they had all 3 volumes though. Now I'm gonna have to get the other two online or something...

Small question: Was it a translation error, or were you told to change the names of the God Gundam and Devil Gundam? I was reading the manga, and it kinda irked me, as I was used to hearing God and Devil gundam in Japanese.
[img]http://i18.photobucket.com/albums/b115/kratos_auron/messy.png[/img]

Adam_Arnold
Squad-Mod

Post by Adam_Arnold »

kratos auron wrote:Small question: Was it a translation error, or were you told to change the names of the God Gundam and Devil Gundam? I was reading the manga, and it kinda irked me, as I was used to hearing God and Devil gundam in Japanese.
Since the G Gundam manga was being aimed at kids who watched the series on Cartoon Network, the names reflect those of the dubbed version of the series. Bandai changed the names in the first place as to not offend people as the series itself has a lot of ethnic stereotypes in it and adding relgious ones to that is just asking for trouble in a show being broadcast after school.

Adam_Arnold
Squad-Mod

Post by Adam_Arnold »