AOI HOUSE (Week 163-164) - Things That Go Moo

Follow the trials and tribulations of two down-on-their-luck college guys who join an anime club dominated by crazed yaoi fangirls! (Archived forum section.)

Moderator: Adam_Arnold

Adam_Arnold
Squad-Mod

Post by Adam_Arnold »

DawnBandit wrote:I might be a bit behind on the curve, but for some odd reason, Elle's "scythe" reminds me a lot of Buffy's from the recent comics.

(from: 06/20/2008's page)

StrateryB

Post by StrateryB »

Wow, that guy is funny, why should you get so serious about manga stereotypes, the point is that it's suppose to be funny not reflect reality.

Lord Styphon

Post by Lord Styphon »

StrateryB wrote:Wow, that guy is funny, why should you get so serious about manga stereotypes, the point is that it's suppose to be funny not reflect reality.
The guy realizes that the point is to be funny. The problem is that he finds that it fails at being funny at least as much as it does at reflecting reality.

59cobalt

Post by 59cobalt »

Lord Styphon wrote:
StrateryB wrote:Wow, that guy is funny, why should you get so serious about manga stereotypes, the point is that it's suppose to be funny not reflect reality.
The guy realizes that the point is to be funny. The problem is that he finds that it fails at being funny at least as much as it does at reflecting reality.
No. The problem is that he fails to realize that "funny" lies in the eye of the beholder. And that there are quite a few people out there who apparently don't share his opinion.

cu
59cobalt
"My surname is Li and my personal name is Kao, and there is a slight flaw in my character."
--Li Kao (Barry Hughart: Bridge of Birds)

mdo7

if you think that "American manga equal crap" arti

Post by mdo7 »

Adam,

Thanks for showing me that article. If you thinks that doesn't bother you. Here's the worse. I'm having flame war about OEL manga (American manga) at ANN. I'm battling those OEL manga hater that they can't accept the OEL manga and trying to make a fool out of me. I have the resources and my knowledge of manga to battle them, but they still think I'm a fool.

Adam_Arnold
Squad-Mod

Re: if you think that "American manga equal crap"

Post by Adam_Arnold »

mdo7 wrote:Adam,

Thanks for showing me that article. If you thinks that doesn't bother you. Here's the worse. I'm having flame war about OEL manga (American manga) at ANN. I'm battling those OEL manga hater that they can't accept the OEL manga and trying to make a fool out of me. I have the resources and my knowledge of manga to battle them, but they still think I'm a fool.
I've seen that OEL thread over at ANN and my own view is that the mods should lock it for just being a dead horse thread. People don't even remember that it was ANN's own Carlo Santos (aka Pata) that came up with the term "OEL manga" in the first place as an alternate term to use instead of "Amerimanga" as many of the creators out there creating english-language manga aren't American. But oh well, people just like to bitch. I'd just ignore the thread and go read a book or something, to be honest.

Adam_Arnold
Squad-Mod

Post by Adam_Arnold »

Adam_Arnold
Squad-Mod

Post by Adam_Arnold »

Last edited by Giz on Wed Jul 16, 2008 10:08 am, edited 1 time in total.

Lord Styphon

Post by Lord Styphon »

Adam Arnold wrote:Calvary

Adam_Arnold
Squad-Mod

Post by Adam_Arnold »

Calvary... Cavalry... they're too alike... >_>

Anyway, fixed.

lugger91
Location: I'm in your fridge, mixing your fruit with your meat and cheese.

Post by lugger91 »

Cartoon_Eric wrote:Wait a minute...Ex Dream Boyfriend? I'm surprised Elle even cared that much.
^ must not be reading the comic.
[img]http://i209.photobucket.com/albums/bb67/lugger91/gungrave.png[/img]

MidnightVampricKisses

Post by MidnightVampricKisses »

-wipes eye- That's ALL I needed from Elle...To say that he was her ex-dream boyfriend and that she protected him...Well, back to reality...-draws ATLA-

Adam_Arnold
Squad-Mod

Post by Adam_Arnold »