AOI HOUSE (Week 160) - Oniisan's Story

Follow the trials and tribulations of two down-on-their-luck college guys who join an anime club dominated by crazed yaoi fangirls! (Archived forum section.)

Moderator: Adam_Arnold

Ryokosha
Hidden Lawsuit

Post by Ryokosha »

Wait, so were they planning on getting Sandy and Alex in the club from the start? They were already filming them getting kicked out of their own dorms? Did they plan it that way?
It gives one a great sense of satisfaction to do it in perfect unison. Michelle Cheung

59cobalt

Post by 59cobalt »

Adam Arnold wrote::echiboo: Aoi House In Love!: Episode 12, Page #12 - "Oniisan's Story 3" + Aoi Notes: 06/13/2008

"As for Blu-Ray... eh, I'm still not totally sold on it. Yes, the picture looks amazing in 1080p, but only if it's a recent movie. Anything from before the 90s that has film grain looks pretty damn bad in high-def, judging from the preview disc that came with the PS3. There's also the fact that I just can't think of any movie out there right now that I absolutely HAVE to have on Blu-Ray...and this is coming from someone that has a collection of Laserdisc. Any thoughts?"
For me DVD quality is sufficient (at least as long as I'm not boosting my screen size to a couple yards with a beamer), even more since the source material of most movies/shows isn't high definition anyway.

However, even if there were an overall significant gain in quality, Blu-Ray would still be off limits, because of the mandatory DRM. I will absolutely not give the Content Mafia the ability to kill my players or force them into not displaying arbitrary content on any Blu-Ray disc I bought. That's a total No-Go.

Ryokosha wrote:Wait, so were they planning on getting Sandy and Alex in the club from the start? They were already filming them getting kicked out of their own dorms? Did they plan it that way?
She didn't say any of that, but merely paraphrased what led to Alex and Sandy joining the club.

cu
59cobalt
"My surname is Li and my personal name is Kao, and there is a slight flaw in my character."
--Li Kao (Barry Hughart: Bridge of Birds)

Ryokosha
Hidden Lawsuit

Post by Ryokosha »

59cobalt wrote:
Ryokosha wrote:Wait, so were they planning on getting Sandy and Alex in the club from the start? They were already filming them getting kicked out of their own dorms? Did they plan it that way?
She didn't say any of that, but merely paraphrased what led to Alex and Sandy joining the club.

cu
59cobalt
True but there were flashbacks and what was said was said as if everyone had already seen this on the screen... maybe it was just the wording but I felt as if others had already seen that on screen, sort as if Elle, Carlo and Oniichan (Jacob) had already planned to have Sandy and Alex in AOI House.
It gives one a great sense of satisfaction to do it in perfect unison. Michelle Cheung

Martyr

Post by Martyr »

...his name is jacob? i don't know why but i never liked any j names. i would be pretty mad if people set me up like that though especially on tv
"If life gives you a bad hand-cheat"
-GTO

Adam_Arnold
Squad-Mod

Post by Adam_Arnold »

UraharaKisuke wrote:Hey Adam, did ya try out MGS4 yet? For the fans out there, it is fun and you will die in the begining.(It's that hard on normal.) I'm stuck restricted from my brother's PS3 because he dosen't want me to get past the point that he spent 2+ hours dieing in. :saaad:
I've never actually played through an entire MGS game before (I know the story, though), so I decided to play it on Naked Normal mode. It's still pretty hairy at times. Gotta wonder how much harder it is on the standard Normal.

But I'm loving this game so far. Completed act 1 and it's really great. Yeah, the cut scenes are a tad long, but it's like an interactive movie.

bishi of flame

Post by bishi of flame »

....So its beter than the third one? (damnit i need to save up some monies then. XD)
Smells like children!

StrateryB

Post by StrateryB »

Adam Arnold wrote:
UraharaKisuke wrote:Hey Adam, did ya try out MGS4 yet? For the fans out there, it is fun and you will die in the begining.(It's that hard on normal.) I'm stuck restricted from my brother's PS3 because he dosen't want me to get past the point that he spent 2+ hours dieing in. :saaad:
I've never actually played through an entire MGS game before (I know the story, though), so I decided to play it on Naked Normal mode. It's still pretty hairy at times. Gotta wonder how much harder it is on the standard Normal.

But I'm loving this game so far. Completed act 1 and it's really great. Yeah, the cut scenes are a tad long, but it's like an interactive movie.
yeah, MGS is great since it's like an interactive movie, I heard MGS4 is super hard compared to the other ones