AOI HOUSE (Week 117) - It's Not a Case of the Mondays...

Follow the trials and tribulations of two down-on-their-luck college guys who join an anime club dominated by crazed yaoi fangirls! (Archived forum section.)

Moderator: Adam_Arnold

DawnBandit

Post by DawnBandit »

I've seen better facepalm compilations.

59cobalt

Post by 59cobalt »

DawnBandit wrote:I've seen better facepalm compilations.
Doesn't make it less true, though ...

BTW, this just reminded me of something someone posted on one of the Securityfocus lists a couple years ago. Enjoy:
The forehead slapper is a sneaky demon that appears when you've been working for hours, possibly days, on what seems to be a complex and completely baffling problem. Then, at the last second, you realize that the solution to your problem doesn't involve rewriting the Linux kernel in it's entirety or leasing processor time on a supercomputer, but something simple. Blindingly simple.

It's at this point where you look around your work area, find a medium sized object of reasonable density, and clobber yourself in the forehead with it. This is usually accompanied by loud exclamations like "I'M A FREAKIN' IDIOT," or sometimes quiet mutterings like "that's it... I'm switching careers."
cu
59cobalt
"My surname is Li and my personal name is Kao, and there is a slight flaw in my character."
--Li Kao (Barry Hughart: Bridge of Birds)

Peregrin

Post by Peregrin »

Half of those people don't seem to be face-palming. I mean... Light Yagami face-palming... I just can't see it. And there are tears leaking through a couple of the fingers. Still, a tip o' the hat to the post nevertheless.

And as for Elle... maybe she has a secret past with uri house. Maybe she has a thing with the leader where neither she nor he can live while the other survives, or that he's the ghost of her dead father, or that he's really a robot she commisioned to be built who went crazy and whose sole purpose in life (do robots have lives?) is to ruin Aoi house!

Or she's coping with not being able to get what she wants. That works too. Maybe she'll talk to Oniisan about it.

Keyblade Master Sora

Post by Keyblade Master Sora »

Radioactive24 wrote:
Lord Styphon wrote:
Radioactive24 wrote:Still, the cameo made me giggle. :3
After you finally got the joke, anyway.
Because I watched the anime after I read the page.

D:<
Don't get angry.

DawnBandit

Post by DawnBandit »

Peregrin wrote:Half of those people don't seem to be face-palming. I mean... Light Yagami face-palming... I just can't see it. And there are tears leaking through a couple of the fingers. Still, a tip o' the hat to the post nevertheless.
Since when did people actually care what they were doing as long as it looked stupid? xD

Adam_Arnold
Squad-Mod

Post by Adam_Arnold »

Peregrin

Post by Peregrin »

It's the present!!! Gah, that's such a downer! At this rate, Elle will spiral downard into a pit of depression... Someone should spike her coffee with lithium.

GoggleHead

Post by GoggleHead »

Geez Elle a little to Dramatic don't you think? Does anyone really know what she so upset about again? :sweat:
Adventure Awaits

DawnBandit

Post by DawnBandit »

bwillett wrote:Unbelievable, now I like Elle even less. When she was a b*tch on wheels she at least was interesting. Now that she's emo she's boring!
Tsundere FTL.

Keyblade Master Sora

Post by Keyblade Master Sora »

GoggleHead wrote:Geez Elle a little to Dramatic don't you think? Does anyone really know what she so upset about again? :sweat:
As soon as we hear how Uri ripped them off, then you piece 1 and 1 together.

Zerodaimu

Post by Zerodaimu »

Keyblade Master Sora wrote:
GoggleHead wrote:Geez Elle a little to Dramatic don't you think? Does anyone really know what she so upset about again? :sweat:
As soon as we hear how Uri ripped them off, then you piece 1 and 1 together.
...You're stupid. Rofl.